This was my first experience in Las Vegas, so I don't have anything to compare to, but I will give a review based on a "first timer".
We arrived in the late evening, so check-in had no line-ups and was quick. The only snag (which actually really really upset me at the time) was that we booked a King room with Strip View - we paid the upgrade online for this type of room. we booked our stay 6 months prior....and we did not get a King room. They said it was "first come first served".....meaning, if we had check in in the morning then perhaps we'd get a King room. What the heck? When I book my stay very far in advance, I expect to get exactly what I book. This was my, and my husbands first vacation in 8 years without our kids...and I was BUMMED to not get a nice big King size bed!! The Front desk staff was ambivilant to the problem and basically had an "too bad so sad" attitude. We made do, but I was there for 5 mins before I was poorly dissapointed.
The room itself is quite nice, updated furniture, comfy beds (but very very flimsy pillows!). The bathroom was a very good size, and the tub was a deep soaker style tub.
The Strip View room was amazing, and it was fun looking down at the party-goers in the pool area.
The hotel/casino is nothing fancy, but not the worst. Fancy= Belagio, Tired and dirty = Harrah's. So the TI is right in the middle was good for a cheap-ish kind of Vegas weekend.
We only ate breakfast at the hotel restaurants. The Kahunaville - good service, large portions, nothing fancy, kind of "family-style" restaurant. The Cafe - very efficient and quick getting you to the table, but our server was slow and not terribly friendly, actually quite vacant and jaded. Food was good. The buffet - make sure to get there before check-out time!! We got there at 10:30am after we checked out (in our room on the tv, which was awesome!!) and dropped our bags off at the Bell Service and only had 4 parties infront of us. When we came out about an hour later, the line-up was HUGE!! The food was very good, and oh my the dessert bar was incredible! Fresh and hot mini donuts, yummy!!!
Now, I come from a city with a cigarette ban...so the smoke situation in Vegas was hard for me. It wasn't "bad" in the TI, they mask it with this tropical fruity air freshener that actually made me quite nauseous after a few days, however it was not as bad as other hotels.
I don't really gamble much, so can't say anything about the tables. I played the penny slots just for fun, and to sit around and get free drinks. Find the penny slots that allow you to play 1 cent per 1 bet....you get 100 pulls for your dollars - it lasts longer! Its fun to just sit with friends, have some drinks and have fun. Tip the waitresses and she'll come back to you!
Senor Frogs was fun for Happy Hour, but being in our mid-thirties and not real "partiers", we felt a little pushed-out once it got later and more club-like.
The Mojito Bar was also nice for $6 drinks.
The Hotel itself is in a great location, with the skywalk right to the Fashion Show Mall and the Venetian, and the tram to the Mirage. Very central, right on the strip and easy to access everything! For that alone, I'd stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Treasure Island - TI is a resort located on the Las Vegas Strip within walking distance of all the best dining, shopping and entertainment available in Las Vegas. TI features Mystere by Cirque du Soleil, Gilley's Saloon, Oleksandra Spa & Salon, wedding chapels, tropical pool and cabanas and so much more at very affordable prices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, TravelUp, Booking.com, Prestigia, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Vegas.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsforEveryone and HotelsClick so you can book your Treasure Island - TI Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Treasure Island - Ti Hotel And Casino
- Treasure Island - Ti Hotel Las Vegas
- Treasure Island Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Treasure Island Hotel
- Treasure Island Hotel Las Vegas