“Good Experience”

Treasure Island - TI Hotel & Casino
Ranked #73 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We enjoyed our 3 night stay at Treasure Island. There were 4 of us traveling and shared a room on the 19th floor overlooking the north end of the strip. I was very pleased with the cleanliness of the room and the size of the bathroom. Overall, I think the room was much nicer than the Mirage, where I stayed last summer. We never really had any issues with the room. Once they cleaned and didn't leave enough towels for 4, but we called and they brought up towels immediately.

The casino is nice and I like the decor of the whole place. We ate at Kahunnaville (awesome!) and the Coffee Shop (good, but slow service at breakfast). The pool was open even though the temps were only in the 50's. We swam and used the "party hot tub", which was very nice.

Check in and out was very easy and our stay was very nice. My only recommendation is to skip Sirens. It was really lame and I wish we had opted to see the Bellagio fountains or Mirage's volcano or really ANYTHING other than Sirens on our last night.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Susan M

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Just returned from 4 days in Vegas, staying at TI. It's a great location, most of the staff are friendly and helpful. The furnishings and textiles are relatively modern (they look fine, think the interiors were redone in last five years?). We had a room that was on the north side, overlooking Spring Mountain Rd and I-15. I'm ok with traffic noise - prefer the white noise to pool noise or the Sirens performance. I didn't like the bed so much - but I am spoiled with what I have at home.

The restaurant where we enjoyed breakfast buffet was standard fare. Kahunaville is tropical themed and we enjoyed some good dishes there also. The Breeze Bar in the centre of the casino was a great place to sit, have a few drinks, play some of the bar games. The pool is fun - DJ spinning on the weekends. Definitely have to hunt the sun if you don't get one of the lounge chairs right up front - and in other months, the shade is probably more welcome!

I do not understand or support the resort fee. I am to pay $25/night for some coupons that give me 2 for 1's at various venues within the property and get wifi in my room. Seems like a rip-off, but I think most of the properties are doing it now, so hard to get away from.

One item of concern is that I believe I received bed bug bites while at the hotel. Not sure if from my room or the pool loungers/towels. Am currently doing "containment" practices for bed bugs within my home just in case. Also called and filed a report with the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Went to Vegas in Dec 2012 stayed at the Treasure Island and had a really nice room facing the strip for a extra 10.00 , came in expecting a 3 star hotel and thats what we got. Clean,comfortable,spacious and no complaints. The rooms where always cleaned before 2pm and they did a great job. The hotel was clean and easy to find the exits and easy access to outside to Starbucks and the strip. We stayed at the Venetian a few times because of the convention we had in December the last 2 years but hard on the pockets 199.99,so this time we checked out Treasure Island at it was 65.00, you got to like that extra money in your pocket. May not be as fancy as Venetian but your only there to sleep anyways. Great Value & No Complaints, will for sure come back.

Room Tip: We stayed in the front so we got to see the strip and lights, beautiful at night not so during the d...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank jabee63
Reviewed March 2, 2013

First time to Vegas for us, we went for 30th birthday and some friends came with us. We all stayed at TI and overall it was a good hotel! Good restaurants, nice and central and nice view from the room!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank J L
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Treasure Island has absolutely horrible service. A week ago they told me they would refund my money as we stayed in the hotel 2 nights instead of 3 for a very flight issue that we had proof on. I was told I get the money back by Thursday but guess what - when I called today they told me "just kidding" there is no refund. And not only that but they are not willing to give me any information either why and what happened. I travel a lot and organize events for my company. How I measure the place I stay is how they help you when you have an issue - it is always easy to be nice when things go well. This is not the place to stay.

PT

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jukka K
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Extremely disappointed with our stay. What was my 50$ room fee for? The best was the most uncomfortable hotel bed I've ever slept on. The pool was small, as was the buffet. Will not return to this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jen W
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Check in was fast. The person that helped me asked if I wanted to stay on a higher/lower floor. It was nice to pick the floor I want. He also gave a complimentary champagne for my bday. Elevators came fast. The room was nice. The only problem was the air ventilation. It needs to be stronger bc the mirror fog up when you take a shower also i was able to smell people smoking weed next door even though my room is suppose to be smoke free. The food there was ok. I enjoy the breakfast at the coffee shop more. The TI show at night did not affect us. We didn't even hear any of the noises. Would definitely recommend this to other people.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends