“Easily Fixed”

Ranked #73 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Arizona
“Easily Fixed”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

The Good: Great location, nice rooms and if you are on the back side of the hotel a nice quite place to stay at a reasonable price. Room service food was of high quality and tasty.

The Bad: Unless you are a VIP you can expect to stand in line for up to 15 minutes to check in... and I was very, very disappointed that the fitness center closed at 7 pm.... this is crazy and was the only reason I did not object to paying the freakin $25.00 resort fee! Also for $25.00 you would also expect a coffee maker in the room.... at least this hotel has glasses in its room (unlike the Hard Rock) . If you book a room on line you need to note that any rate you see does not include this $25.00 surprise and I have now discovered that this fee is not clearly stated on many of the Las Vegas reservations sites. So buyer beware.

Room Tip: While a strip view is nice if you want any sleep ask to be on the back side.
1 Thank Liftman1954

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,771)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Colorado
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Wow - well let me start by saying we were visiting for the World of Concrete conference and this was a last minute decision to avoid paying $300+ at the 5 Star hotels. I'm a traveler that needs to feel like I'm getting a good value/deal and stumbled upon their $59/nt deal for a standard room but I could upgrade to a Tower Suite for around $109/nt total. Upon check-in the staff kept saying, "Oh tower suite ... very nice," so our expectations were heightened. We were placed on the 21st floor (about 1/2 way up) facing the strip ... correction ... all that was visible was the Palazo. Anyway, our expectations were quickly deflated when I opened the door. Extremely poor use of space, lack of furniture and no mini/honor bar (a first in my 15+ years of visiting Vegas).

The bathrooms, yes there are awkwardly two placed back-to-back, one with a shower and the other with a dated jacuzzi tub, both with extremely ugly orange marble. The room needs a face lift, it still has 'popcorn' texture on the ceiling and the television (which needed repaired upon using) was awkwardly placed.

This hotel is listed as a 4 star, but it is barely a 3 star. The room and hallways did not get vacuumed while we were there. You may be wondering how I know, well when you have to step over the previous occupants spilled french fries both in the room and the entry way it is easy to detect!

My wife booked spa services for both of us on short notice. Again I believe the charges are too high for the facility and their employees. I would recommend going elsewhere and in fact pay the extra money and stay at a better hotel. This may be a nice place for families in the summer to stay (pool closed in the winter). There are so many great options in Vegas that it would be a shame to stay here. This stay and hotel is comparable to a couple 'bachelor trips' I had in college, one to the Sahara and the other Excalibur, my friends made up for the poor choice in hotels those trips!

1 Thank Danno80
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Smoke smell throughout the casino area, i visited alot of other hotels and and it wasnt as bad there. Otherwise, check in was minimal wait, nice staff, free upgrade corner view room of the strip. Bed was comfortable and room was large. nice show of the sirens, sinking ship and fireworks. Enjoyed Gilles for entertainment, dancing , live band, bull riding. Nice pizza spot in hotel that we got a coupon for B1G1 after the sirens show. We got this hotel for a good price, so i would be most likely to return if we got a good deal, however the food on freemont street is ALOT cheaper, for anyone that doesnt know :)

Room Tip: Ask for corner unit, strip view.. absolutely beautiful
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I checked in and stood in line for over an hour waiting for other guests at the desks bartering with the check in staff about free upgrades! and the staff explaining the $25 a day resort fee and why guests should not opt out of it.

When I got to the desk I checked in within 3 minutes, I had booked a tower suite and was not bothered about bartering for an upgrade and I had taken the common sense approach and read all about the resort fee which is clearly advertised on their website so why some on here are arguing about it I have no idea.

So, off to my room!

It was a tower suite, as I already said, a large room, reasonably well appointed but very dated in terms of decor and its general state of repair. The pain on the bathroom doors was all scraped off, the carpet was puckered in high traffic areas in the room (by the desk and door). The room was not dirty but was not cleaned properly, I stepped on a screw on the floor and found a plaster on the floor in the bathroom next to the shower door.

I rang down to reception to report this and was told no manager was available, I asked for a call back that I never got from any of the management team so I left a polite note for the cleaners for the next day. I didn't bother the obviously busy management any further as they obviously had more important things to attend to than the health and welfare of their guests. Why should I, a paying guest have to waste my time chasing them more than once!

The bed and linen were clean and the pillows clean and fresh but the bedside cabinets were not so clean, the surfaces were sticky and the draw fronts had drips down them from previous guests drinks.

The casino area is not huge but absolutely stinks of smoke and the awful aroma of the sickly air freshener that they use to cover the smokey smell up, you just cant get away from either smell and thats coming from a smoker!

The staff in the Breeze Bar set within the casino are friendly enough but definitely have their favourite customers, which was very apparent in two of the restaurants in the resort to.

Eating here is a little pricy but thats Vegas I suppose, I found less expensive and better quality in nearby hotels in which you would expect to pay more, shop around for food while you are here. I don't mind paying for good food but refuse to be ripped off by over priced average fare.

I have to say that I would not come back to this hotel on my next visit to Las Vegas especially having spoken to some locals who gave varied but not good opinions of the hotel and some of the staff too!!!!! consider that, staff willing to tell you exactly how it is.

It is a shame because some of the staff that I met were such helpful genuine people let down by some of their management.

In summary, it will be touch and go as to the experience you may have at this hotel, this review is my reflection of my 6 nights here, in my opinion, shop around before booking there are some great deals on better hotels out there.

2 Thank Matt G
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I had a great stay at Treasure Island. The room was nice and clean. The bed wasn't the most comfortable, but the view made up for it. We were in room 3022. We had a view of the strip and if we looked out to our right, we had a great view of the mountains. The room was high enough that the strip noise didn't bother us. The buffet was great and a good value with our 2 for 1 coupon we got at check in. The hotel was very handy to the Mirage and the Venetian. We ate dinner at Gilley's and had great steaks. Breakfast at Kahunaville was yummy and inexpensive. The casino was smokey - but that's pretty much par for the course in Vegas. I would recommend this hotel. For the price, compared to some of the other close-by hotels, I thought it was a great value. The pirate show was fun, too. My only complaint is that the lobbies were dirty and not very well-kept.

Room Tip: 3022 has a nice view of the strip and is high enough to be away from the noise.
3 Thank christinek104
canada
Reviewed February 11, 2013

long wait to check in and then when we got to our room there is a big blood stain on the rug. Room is not clean.... sheets are disgusting. No one seems to care. P.S. If you do stay here don't expect a good meal!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank T45Canada
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Far be it for me to offer advice to a thriving business, but a smile or sign of patience here and there would be nice. Except for housekeeping, the employees seem like they all lost at the slots the night before. Maybe they should pay them a little more.Asking a question is not advised. I will not return for this one main reason though: there is no coffee. There are no machines in the rooms, so here are your choices: $2.70 for rot gut at the bar, $3.25 for Starbucks, dine at The Coffee Shop (none to go.). They are making lots of money! Let your guests enjoy coffee in their rooms rather than have to venture out. It was an ok stay, but I will not return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family