“Not a fan”

Treasure Island - TI Hotel & Casino
Ranked #75 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Our room was okay. Very small. Did have a good view of the strip. We were promised free buffets but they were only good for the day we were leaving. Front desk was efficient and friendly. However, housekeeping staff was not and neither was the valet staff. Room service was very expensive and food was not great. Television only worked half the time and the internet was spotty as well. This is an average hotel trying to be more than it is. Maybe I should have done more research but this place is not kid friendly. Overall not impressed. Won't stay here again.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

We booked this for the last night of a road trip having stayed at Caesar's Palace for 3 nights at the start. I booked it as a bit of a giggle based on price thinking that it would be fun to stay somewhere with a pirate battle outside. Actually we were very very pleasantly surprised. We found our room to be so much better than that at Caesar's Palace - very modern with extra bits and bobs we didn't get in a Deluxe room at Caesars. There is a $28 per night resort fee but this gave us free wifi, gym, newspapers, boarding card printing facility, a free meal at the buffet and various other vouchers - factored into the price we paid for the room, the total was still less than we paid at Caesar's Palace (their room rate does not include internet or gym access etc). We left, kicking ourselves that we hadn't stayed here for the first 3 nights too.
The only gripe I have is about the length of time it took us to check in. Yes we arrived at a busy weekend period, but it still took over an hour in a queue to check in. Volume of guests aside the check-in staff seemed to show no sign that they were acknowledging the queue and would instead wander off in between processing guests to have a bit of a chat etc. What we lost on check-in time, however we gained on check-out as their preferred method of check-out was "leave keys in your room and leave" - all very simple for those who have prepaid.

1  Thank salli
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Very disappointing experience with the staff of the hotel. Valet parking personnel was rude, talking back, and almost accused me of lying. It took them 30 (!) minutes to bring my car back when I was leaving, and they picked my number only after I asked for it. And after all this fun I had to ask the guy to help me to put the luggage in the trunk!
Reception was overcrowded when we arrived, but only half of the receptionist desks was opened. I am not sure what management was thinking. The available receptionists were not in a rush despite the huge crowd in front of them. They were chatting with one another and did not look very efficient. I want to mention that it was my first trip to Las Vegas, and TI personnel tried all their best to spoil this first impression. I will definitely choose another hotel for my next trip to Vegas.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed in a deluxe room with a "strip view" on the 19th floor all 3 nights were comped thru Casino Marketing because of our slot play. We were in room 33091 with a fabulous view of the south strip. We could see the Mirage Volcano and Bellagio Fountains from our room. This room was clean and the bed was very comfy. The sheets could use some updating as one set of sheets had some stains - housekeeping was called and changed within a hour. There was a small fridge, lockable safe and our favorite spa toletries included.

The casino floor and the walkways around the ground floor were clean, but the decor seemed dated and overdue for a renovation. Cocktail service was great on the casino floor when we were playing the slots. They have upgraded their machine selections as well.

We ate at the Cantor Deli - Kahunaville and the Seafood Shack - all were good.

TI is our favorite hotel, it does need to be upgraded as it is getting a little rough around the edges. We had a great time and would return with another good promotion.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Our stay was three nights. The positives: good location on the Strip, above average buffet, gambling experience average, rooms spacious, bed comfortable.

The 'buyer beware' comments are: $25 resort fees for internet and pool, although pool was closed, no sauna or jacuzzi available; they did have a 2 for 1 buffet coupon and 2 for 1 drink coupon (the $25 fee pays for that); room cleanliness was average, carpets needed vacuuming, lint, bobby pins all over.
Overall, there is no uniqueness about the place. Senor Frogs was ho-hum, Gilley's had more people, no lounge just to hear music. Would not stay there again for the price, unless you get a really good deal and the pool is open.

1  Thank Monica A
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My spouse and I stayed at Treasure Island the week of November 11th and were very happy with our stay. The hotel offered morning check in at 10am so we were able to check in right away after our morning flight. The room was what we expected for the price we paid; nothing overly glamorous, but it was nice, clean and we had a great view of the Sirens of TI show. The beds at this hotel are crazy comfortable. Much nicer than our at home, haha.

We picked this hotel for it's location. It is right in the middle of the strip so everything is within walking distance.

The mandatory resort fee does suck - but if you use all of the coupons they give you, it kind of evens out. By the time we got a two for one at the buffet, two for one drinks and the 35% discount on the Cirque de Soleil tickets, we basically got our moneys worth.

If you're looking for a luxury hotel, this isn't the place for you - but really, what are you expecting for what you pay? If you are looking for a lovely hotel, with clean rooms in a great location, this is the place for you! Overall we loved staying here and would come back again.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

I booked 2 rooms for my family Thanksgiving stay. Never received confirmation from TI. Have to call to confirm. I requested to have ajointing room with my older brother family over the phone, TI rep say no problem, they will link our reservation together; however, when my brother arrived first, they told him that I need to be there at the same time in order for us to have the ajointing room. After 3-way calling for 20 min., they able to resolve the problem. TI offers us free buffet, but on the coupon it does not exclude that we cant use it on a holiday...we wait in-line for 1 hour to find out the coupon does not apply. To make thing worst, our room did not get service, we have to call housekeeping for new towel & waited for more than 30 min. for them to bring us new towels. TI charge resort fee which we didnt know till the day we check-out. Front desk told us that resort fee cover the aminites in the hotel, but guess what...all the aminites that they offers close bcs of Thanksgiving. I wasnt happy with the fee; therefore, I want to talk to a manager. Waited for 20 min., I explain to the manager the whole situation about our stay...his action was rude and unfriendly. Did not resolve our concern, he tried to offer free buffet. I told him that TI free buffet coupon mislead the guest bcs it does not stated that it cant be use on a holiday. Only the 2 for 1 deal coupon stated that it cant be used on a holiday. The manager argue that it does stated on the coupon...so, I told him...point out to us where on the coupon stated that. He read the coupon for awhile and then point to us the part that stated "hotel manager reserve the right to....." I forgot the rest of the line. Ridiculous, that mean the manager can do whatever they want or feel like it. I was mad, but I know...staying back to talk will not achive anything...I just walk-out. I never imagine that a four star rating hotel could have or provide such a bad services. I dont recommend TI to anyone. I know that I already told some of my friends about my unhappy experience with my recent stay at Treasure Island.

3  Thank Tiffany T