“it never changes”

Ranked #72 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Sardinia, Italy
“it never changes”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Everytime I go to Vegas I just need a place to crash and don't care about fancy hotels anymore since I've done 'em all and basically they're no different than lower end properties. Stay here if you want a clean and functional room with very basic service. Front desk staff is on par with ultra lower end properties in terms of politeness,wich means their only goal is take your ID, your credit card and get you the hell out of there asap with no smile or whatevere. If this hotel would at least plan a casino remodel It could really make a difference. And smoke,this place is filled with smoke not even the old Binion in downtown used to be. I guess air filters cost big money to replace/service. Food : very surprised by Francesco's pizzeria,really the best pizza ever but everything else is pretty mediocre. You'll mostly get a free dinner buffet coupon,do yourself a favor and don't use it !!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Vegasvet

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,742)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Piscataway, New Jersey
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Went down for a business trip, spent a week at TI and had an excellent time. TI is at the center of it all, close to great restaurants, clubs and pools. The room had a very comfortable king size bed and was overall very clean. I did expect a little more out of the bathroom in regards to the shower but it got the job done. In regards to the casino, it had a good variety of tables and prices.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank travelbud883
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Went to Treasure Island for the electric daisy carnival and I had no complaints! The property was out dated compared to the other hotels that I visited, but for the money you could not go wrong.
The rooms were cleaned daily, and the maids did an outstanding job. I would not hesitate to go back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Ryan L
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Clean, quiet room (not overly large) but beautiful view of the strip. This is NOT a centre strip hotel though. I would say it's closer to encore/wynn which are further down. If you are looking for middle - go Bellagio, planet hollywood or Caesars Palace.

I ordered room service which took about 45 minutes and the staff was super friendly and courteous. The line up to check in was long and ridiculous though. We waited for at least an hour and had to change our dinner reservations. And waiting for our vehicle took forever as well.

But the room was right off the elevator so we didn't have to walk far and the elevator was right by the casino floor. It wasn't a maze and easy to get around. Plus you are right on the strip as opposed to having to walk from somewhere.

The ranch/saloon was cool and the Treasure Island show is free nightly (it's hilarious, you'll have to watch it, just to say you saw it).

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Ihearthoward
Thousand Oaks, California
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Spent a birthday here and had a great time outside the hotel. The room was located near the top with a killer view, out of a pretty small window, so it was not so enjoyed. Just an average hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Fresno, California
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I have stayed at the Treasure Island in Vegas two times before which have been pleasant stays. One good thing is the location is awesome. Right next to the big mall, and a short walk to the Venetian, Caesars Palace, Wynn, etc. Love the location and that is why I picked it besides a killer price as I am a "TI Insider". The room was actually very dirty, I let TI know this too on a follow up survey. It was like the room had not been cleaned in days with dust build up so bad on the nightstand, phone, lamp and alarm clock when I swiped my finger across them you could tell by my path of removing the dust. Not cool since I already had horrible allergies due to the amount of smoke in the casino. The bed was really comfy at least and our stay was quiet. The hotel was at full capacity, but I never heard any noise while in the room, so that was a plus too. Compared to the Wynn, Encore and Aria, its not a 5 and the non-cleanliness of the room took it to a 3. I don't think I will be back to TI after this go-around.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank lovept
Shakopee
Reviewed June 12, 2012

My wife and I traveled to Vegas for a wedding, and stayed at Treasure Island because the wedding was going to be held there. Treasure Island was not my first choice, but I've always wanted to check it out because the resort has been one of the icons resort in Vegas for a long time. We stayed for three nights, and our goal was to party, eat, and go sightseeing through the strip. I used to love to gamble, but I've cut back a lot because of the wife. I did do some gambling at Treasure Island. I really like the location of TI resort. It's located close enough in the center of the strip where you can walk either way and see all the popular casinos. It's right next door to the Fashoin Show Mall, and adjacent to the Wynn and Encore resort. We went to the night club Surrender at Encore and that was a blast once you get in after 45 minutes of waiting. I walked to the Bellagio and it only took me 10 mins. If you are looking for a late night bite and not looking to eat at the Coffee shop, it's only a five minute drive on Spring Mountain Rd to get some good pho at Pho Kim Long which is open 24hrs. I also saw a Thai restaurant that was open 24hrs too on the same street. The restaurants at TI seemed really expensive to me where if your looking for a bowl of pho it'll cost you $12, or some asian platter will cost you about $20. There are no deals for food unless the casino is comping your meals. I suggest renting a car and drive off the strip for your local eateries. Plenty of places to eat in Vegas. The room we had was pretty nice facing the strip. The bed was the highlight of the hotel. The bed was so comfortable we slept great all three nights from 5am to 9am. The casino looked old and dumpy. The odds of winning at TI is as good as any other place. They have all the table games with a decent limit. The poker room though is a joke. You'll be lucky to find a game because there's no one there playing. I like TI, but I'd probably would not stay here again. There are too many resorts and casinos to choose from. I don't mind spending a little more money to stay in a nicer place like the Wynn, Encore, or Bellagio, but for the price we paid for TI it was a steal. Also the wedding was being head there so we didn't have much of a choice. I like the location and the room was nice, but overall the resort looked run down and old.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple