“TI a nice hotel in a good location”

Treasure Island - TI Hotel & Casino
Ranked #72 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Quincy, Illinois
“TI a nice hotel in a good location”
Reviewed April 16, 2011

Me my dad and my wife stayed at T.I April 1st through April 8th for 7 nights. We had an early flight so we got into vegas at 8:30 a.m. We asked if we could check in early and we were told that we could but we would only be on the 6th floor with a mountain view. We said this was ok since we have been to Vegas many times and wed rather check in now than come back later and wait in a long check in line to maybe get a higher floor.

Me and my wife stayed in the petite suite and my dad stayed in a deluxe room. The suite is nice we have stayed in this room twice now. The towels in the room did smell burnt and I have seen other reviews that said the same thing. My wife complained of the hallways being loud as we were near the elevators she also complained of smoke smell in the mornings but I didn notice it. I did find some left over trash under the table in our room from the last guest it was just a napkin but still it shows they dont clean very well. The view was actually good we could see the strip and the Mirage volcano the check in guy said it was a mountain view.

During check in the guy was super quiet and not very talkative my dad tried to tell him it was his birthday to see maybe if he could get an upgrade or something and the guy just didnt say anything. We have done this at the mirage for b-days and anniversarys and at and have gotten a free bottle of wine even an upgrade to a strip view room but the T.I guy didnt say anything at all.

T.I is a great hotel overall it is small enough where you dont get lost it has gilleys which has live music and bikini bull riding and the food is good. The coffee shop is my fav place to eat in Vegas but its impossible to get your bill it took forever all the times we ate there plus you have to pay the waiter now in past trips we paid at the desk so now it takes even longer. But one night we asked for the ham breakfast that wasnt on the night menu and the waiter went back and asked and we were able to get the ham and that was very nice.

Check out was fast we checked out at 8 a.m. We also printed our boarding passes its goes along with the resort fee but anyone could walk in and print there pass there is a location by the lobby and another one by the ben and jerrys ice cream shop to print your boarding passes. The resort fee was 22.50 a nights and we stayed for 7 night so we paid 150$ just to print boarding passes we didnt use any of the coupons we never got a newspaper or water.

But all in all we love T.I because of the location and the size of the hotel.

By the way I could not win absolutely anything on T.I slots was the worst gambling outcome I have ever had in Vegas but hey that happens.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Babyjordan23

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,806)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 16, 2011

This was my 7th or 8th trip to Vegas, and I have stayed at a lot of hotels on the strip, from the Excalibur to the Venetian, but I have to say, this stay at Treasure Island was one of my favorites! I stayed on a comped room offer, and after reading some of the reviews on Trip Advisor at the time, I was a little worried about the hotel, but decided to take the chance and stay there anyway. I'm glad I did! I was able to check-in at the Invited players desk, so check-in was quick and easy, and I was not required to pay the $22/night resort fee. The room was clean and the beds were extremely comfortable!

The lines for the buffet were quite long, but the first morning of our stay I went to the players club desk and was given a line pass for myself and my friend which was good for the entire duration of our stay (3 nights). One of my favorite things about the buffet was that you could add unlimited champagne for only $2. Even if you are only having one glass, it's totally worth it!

Coffee from the bar area in the casino was good/cheap and I found it convenient in the morning to take back to the room, while getting ready to go out.

This is my preferred area of the strip. I find it to be a central location for everything I like, and I find the vibe to be more lively in this area. Also, the Walgreen's is conveniently located right across the street for all the basic essentials.

All the hotel/casino staff were extremely accommodating and very friendly. I thoroughly enjoyed the stay and would definitely go back to Treasure Island.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank athelia237
Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2011

Just got back from 5 nights at TI, second vist in 2 years, I love the hotel and would certainly go back again. Quick check-in, very friendly staff, great location on the strip.

Absolutely love Las Vegas, 2 big highlights on this trip, helicopter ride over the Grand Canyon and Celine Dion concert, she was utterly fantastic.

Was pretty impressed with the new City Center, also went to see Viva Elvis, parts of it were brilliant, but thought the Cirque de Soleil treatment worked much better with The Beatles, (the Love production at The Mirage). I don't think the combination really mixed of Elvis and a french circus. Just my opinion and I'm a big Elvis fan, some of it was great but not all of it worked.

Looking forward to going back to Vegas again, and will stay at TI a third time.
Well satisfied.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Geoff009
central canada
Reviewed April 14, 2011

Stayed at the T.I. while attending con-expo with my spouse. We thought the hotel was easy to get around with out to much confusion.
We waited for a while to check in, and am not really sure why you have to pay a 90.00 dollar "Resort Fee". The price advertised for the room should be the price you pay.
Our rooms looked like they had been updated and were nicely decorated. The beds were very comfortable and we enjoyed a good night sleep on them.
We were disappointed when our room was cleaned after going out for the afternoon. The towels looked like they were badly wrinkled (and they weren't the ones we left hung up) and they had left some empty glasses on the night stand .
The location isn't bad, you can catch the tram over to the Mirage, and you can catch the "deuce" bus just outside the hotel.
We would definitly stay here again if the price was right.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
texas
Reviewed April 12, 2011

Just spent 2 nights at TI (April 8 & 9th). Check in was quick although there was a long line. Requested 1 king bed, strip view. Was told at check in all they had left was 2 queen, strip view. I asked if they had anything in just 1 king and was told that I requested a strip view and the only thing left was a strip view smoking. I settled for the 2 queen bed room. TI was at a good location for us since most of our shows were across the street at The Venetian. Hotel was ok but I prefer a more centrally located hotel like Paris. Enjoyed riding tram over to Mirage. Not having a coffee pot in room was a downfall for hubs, especially when the line for Starbucks was always out the door!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Lancaster, California
Reviewed April 11, 2011

I would recommend Tresure Island for anyone after a prime Strip location and great value. The rooms are very clean, spacious and well equipped (our friends' room was missing the spare pillows and also the radio alarm clock but I'm sure they would have been replaced had they asked! As it goes they were not too bothered since we were there to PARTY and not really to sleep!) We asked for rooms close together (not adjoining) and they managed to put us just 6 rooms apart on the 18th floor which suited us fine. The view was great (Strip View as advertised) and the air conditioning worked well, unlike some hotels I have stayed in. The maid service was efficient and discreet. Towels were plentiful and the bed... oh, the bed was SO COMFORTABLE and HUGE. I don't think I have ever had such a comfortable bed in a hotel before. You can tell these are newly refurbished rooms! The casino itself was pleasant to walk around in; not too smokey as some can be, so good air circulation. The shop in the hotel was well stocked and not too expensive; they could easily get away with ripping people off for those last minute essentials, but they don't. The check in queue was massive, but I understand this is the same anywhere when thousands of people arrive at the same time on a Friday afternoon. They could have put more staff on I thought!

Room Tip: High up, away from the elevators!