“Loved it!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #129 of 266 Hotels in Las Vegas
Torquay, United Kingdom
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I have stayed in, I think, in half of the Casino Hotels in LV. On this trip with a mate we stayed at the Flamingo Hotel for two days, then drove to Monument Valley, then stayed here for our last two nights before flying out. The Flamingo cost £100 a night this cost £55. This had free continental breakfast. Flamingo nothing! I would walk out in the morning sunshine with my free cup of coffee and head out on the strip. I don’t gamble much, so the greatest joy was not having to walk that tiring mile through your huge Casino Hotel to get in or out of your room or to get to your car. From your room to the strip is a step away. 30 seconds, with your car park right there. ”magic". At night there is security on the entrance and wandering around the car park. I attached a photo of our room, not taken for TripAdvisor, but to show my partner how untidy two blokes area and one of me in the car park with my coffee. It seems obvious to me that it is going to be re-developed at some point and the owners are just running it for turnover and are not investing in it, that makes it such a gem in this location. Renovated I would defiantly pay more to stay here than would for a Casino. Downside? It is not posh. It is decent basic. You wont impress anyone, except yourself with it.

Room Tip: Always in hotels of this design, that is external landings, stay on the top. Security maybe better...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
5 Thank GIB3366
travelodge702, Manager at Travelodge Las Vegas Center Strip, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for your honest review. Yes, our location is wonderful and our prices compared to the big properties within the surrounding area is even better. Like you said our property is not Posh, but the rooms are clean and comfortable, the parking is very convenient and our free amenities help anyone get their morning started.

Thank you and look forward to seeing you next visit,
Liz Morales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Polish first
Ljubljana, Slovenia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend were looking for an accommodation for 3 nights that would be located on the Strip. Travelodge seemed like a good choice, since it wasn't that expensive.

The room was spacious and it seemed clean, but you could see it wasn't new. It had a hairdryer and a coffee machine but sadly no fridge. There was an ice machine in every floor. The bathroom was also clean, it just bothered me a little that the small complimentary bottle of shampoo was half empty, which ment it was preused.

Breakfast was included and it was from 6-9 am, but the seating was limited. I think the Travelodge had around 70 rooms or even more, but only 5 tables in the breakfast room. I guess it was ment to take the breakfast with you... I wanted to have some cereal but all I got was a drop of milk, so I didn't even bother. I also saw they offered some sugar coated pastries and toast. I guess they have a different definition of 'continental breakfast' than I do.

Parking was provided and it was quite big. Free wi-fi.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank fabesa
travelodge702, Manager at Travelodge Las Vegas Center Strip, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Fabesa, Thank you for your detailed review of our property. We try very hard to meet all of guest expectations.
Yes, our property is an older property but we do try to offer a clean comfortable room at a great price, for the perfect location on the Strip. Our free continental breakfast does seem to get very busy towards closing time, we are trying to encourage customers to arrive a bit earlier when it is not as crowded. As for the items offered, we have plenty of items to choose from; danish, toast, coffee, tea, cereal, oatmeal, juice and fruit, we feel this is a quick start breakfast for our guests when visiting Las Vegas.

Truly,
Sheffield, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

nice staff, a shame that the interiors have not been renovated in years.

None of the smoking smells that others reported here, indeed they charge $200 to people that smoke in the non smoking rooms to put people off.

It's when you open the door in the morning and breath the fresh air that you realize its a bit grotty, the smell get from the homes of people who don't look after themselves that well and you'd rather not visit.

Breakfast is best skipped, there are enough places that sell decent food nearby and make an effort for your money. For a start it is served in a room that obviously is too small for the numbers wanting to get in. If you enjoy the cheapest of the cheapest bread for toast etc then this will suit you.

The pool was good.

The rooms don't feel that secure, it would be easy to break in and all sorts of low-lifes hang about. I was hassled by a beggar, but then again its on the strip and I didn't really dig the seediness of the place.

I feel quite sorry for the staff who have to work here.

If I was too visit Vegas again and wanted to do it on a budget I would stay a bit further away from the strip, it really would be worth the effort. In Vegas you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: if you have low expectations and location on the strip is important on a budget, this will suit you
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple