“Perfect for a week stay”
Review of The Carriage House

The Carriage House
Ranked #16 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed May 11, 2006

Firstly, yes it was disappointing that Joeys was closed. After travelling for a total of 18 hours we were looking forward to it, but never mind.
The hotel is perfect for a group of friends who were staying in Las Vegas. we had a one bedroom suite which had a double sofa bed, 2 single sofa beds, and a double bed in the bedroom. the kitchen was very well equipped with fridge/ freezer, ice machine, microwave, coffee maker etc etc. the swimming pool was a nice size and jacuzzi was very inviting. Location was great, 10 minute walk from either the aladdin or the mgm (and monorail station). The building work never affected us as the windows blocked the noise. All in all a great choice for a weeks holiday.

• Stayed: May 2006
39  Thank tyler-hull
There are newer reviews for The Carriage House

Chicago, illinois
Reviewed May 3, 2006

I had read previous reviews of this hotel and decided to stay there due to its location along the strip. I arrived to the hotel early around 10am and the guest services clerks for the hotel where excellent and friendly. They were able to get us a room early and the room was very nice. The room faced the new construction being built but i was not bothered by it as i could barely hear the noise with the windows closed. The pool was also very nice and well kept. I arrived the weekend of the 28th of April. The hotel is a block away from the strip and the walk is a short one to the strip next to the Aladdin Hotel. I would recommend eating at the Harley Davidson resturant if you get the chance as the food was reasonably priced and very good. I was disappointed to see a sign in the hotel that stated Joeys Bistro was closed indefinately. I wished i had known that prior to booking the hotel since there is nowhere to eat in the hotel. I would of liked at least a continental breakfast at the hotel since the Bistro is not open now. I would stay at this hotel again as i enjoyed my stay and would recommend it to others.

30  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 27, 2006

Our first impression of the Carriage House was not good. Its at least twenty years since I last drove in Las Vegas and it took over an hour to drive the couple of miles from the Airport- managing to miss the Carriage House by a block on at least three attempts. At the moment the hotel is surrounded by large building sites so the first impression is not good.
Happily this impression was wrong,once inside, the building work is not a problem. We had a suite on the top floor that just been renovated - all brand new furniture and fittings. The staff are friendly and very helpful. The Carriage House is very well situated only about 100 metres from the entrance to the Passage Mall under the Alladdin and easy walking to most strip attractions,its also nice to be a little way from the crowds on the strip. If you need a Taxi go into the underground parking area under the Alladdin there is a taxi rank there. Taxis dont seem to like coming to the hotels so its better to go out and find one.We will certainly stay at the Carriage House again when we are in Las Vegas.

23  Thank swiss-mike
Reviewed April 21, 2006

Overall we really liked the Carriage House Hotel. It was an oasis from the casinos, only one block from the strip and easy to find, right behind the Aladdin.
One issue we had was that I'd spoken to the reservation agent by phone who said that their large suite with the two pull outs would be most suitable for our two children. I said I'd book it online later which I did. However, when we arrived, the room was pretty small especially with the sofa bed pulled out. It was past midnight but I spoke to the person on the front desk who offered me a rollaway. The next day it transpired that the large rooms aren't allocated to those that book online. I shall remember for next time. It was never mentioned by the reservationist.
The suite overall was fine and the kitchen area large, clean and well equiped and would have been great if we had been there longer. The bathroom was very small with only a shower, no tub. The goodies included shampoo, lotion and soap though I picked up a shower hat from reception. The pool is across from the car parking though from the photos it looks much closer. There is some construction work going on nearby but we didn't hear it. The restaurant is apparently closed right now though of course there are a million other places to eat. I would definitely stay here again if I could get one of the bigger rooms so we didn't feel so cramped. The staff were all very friendly and helpful.

14  Thank NJtripper
Wisconsin
Reviewed March 24, 2006

The Carriage house is the perfect hotel in every way IF you have your own transportation or are walking to your destination. If you need a cab this is not the hotel for you. The average wait for a taxi is between 20-45 min. Not cool if you need a ride to the airport to catch your plane.

A hotel shuttle service would have been helpfull.

• Stayed: March 2006
26  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 19, 2006

We spent two nights in a 1 bedroom suite in The Carriage House in early March 2006. The hotel staff was very friendly upon our check-in and when we opened the door to our room we knew we hit the jackpot (we weren't in Las Vegas to gamble).

We found the place to be extremely clean. It had plenty of room space especially when you consider it had a queen size pull out sofa and 2 twin size pullout oversize chairs, as well as a full compliment of linen. The kitchen had a full size refer with ice maker, stove, dishwasher and microwave. It was well stocked with glassware, pots, pans, etc. The kitchen table and 4 chairs were clean and sturdy. The bathroom was large, handicapped ready. It even had an in-room safe. All this and only 1 block from The Strip. We never moved our car the entire time we stayed at The Carriage House.

However, there is some concern over the construction noise going on across the street (in that whole area). It did wake me in the early hours of the morning, however, it didn't seem to bother my wife or two sons. Regardless, our next visit to sin city will be The Carriage House.

• Stayed: March 2006
27  Thank ddbmmd
Portland, OR
Reviewed February 12, 2006

It was a busy weekend that we stayed here so a lot of the casinos were sold out. I stayed with a single friend of mine for a weekend getaway from the kids and significant other so we wanted to be close to the strip and able to go out easily without hassling with shuttles. The location was great, right behind the Aladdin Desert Passage mall, within easy walking distance to Las Vegas Blvd (the strip). The room was large and comfortable and very clean, well stocked with towels of all sizes and shampoo/lotion etc. The pillows were great, very fluffy for hotel pillows and the beds were firm but comfortable. There was lots of closet space, an iron w/ ironing board and enough hangers for both of us and our multitude of outfits for going out. The shower was GREAT! Hot water and lots of water pressure, better than my shower at home. They even had a real bathmat in the bathroom, not just the towel ones. The kitchenette was nice for eating leftovers for breakfast (PF Changs in the Aladdin has take-out which is great for next day or late night munching). Overall I was very pleased and will most likely be staying there again when I go back to Vegas with my husband. I would highly suggest this place for families with kids. On another not so busy weekend I would probably have stayed in a casino resort simply because we were two gals wanting to go out and party, but for a longer stay or with family I'd recommend the Carriage House.

• Stayed: February 2006