The Carriage House
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Marriott's Grand Chateau(Las Vegas)
1,453 results
All reviewsfull kitchenplanet hollywoodoff the stripthe miracle mile shopstimeshare exchangetennis courtslaundry facilitiesfive minute walkone bedroom suitesmall kitchenettedaily maid servicetwo blockstime sharepool towelsquiet locationcasino hotelnon smoking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 7, 2013

For a couple not interested in gambling and taking their first trip to Vegas this was ideal. We had a massive one bedroom apartment - with fully equipped kitchen (more than a kitchenette by UK standards for sure) including dishwasher, full sized cooker, fridge/freezer and microwave. Two tvs - one in the bedroom and one in the living area - and at a really great price. The location is excellent and at this time of year if you are looking for a short stay - avoiding the humungous resort hotels was a plus. We did visit these amazing other hotels - you would have to walk literally miles to get to your room, and I think we chose well. We did not have to walk for ever to get to our room, it was clean and spacious, very handy for the strip and for the Miracle Mile shops/restaurants across the road. Also the hop-on hop-off bus stops right across the road so it helps you get your bearings if you like doing that sort of thing.This is not a Bellagio or a Mandalay Bay - which would provide an entirely different experience. But I can certainly recommend the Carriage House - if you are looking for what we were for short stay (3 nights) - value for money and not in the smoke!

4  Thank Katheross
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Our experience at the CH was just how we like it...quick and non-instrusive. We were in the quiet side of the hotel near the monorail. You couldn't hear the monorail, the strip, or planes. We kept to ourselves and were able to get a cab when we needed one. Being across from the Miracle Mile shopping center there were plenty restaurants and I was able to purchase socks (which I forgot to pack).

Would be great for a family-especially if they have rooms with a separate sleeping area. The CH is about 2 blocks from the strip and centrally located so a very easy time going North or South on the strip as needed.

Tip: when buying show tickets, ask the concierge what her specials are and then also shop around at places like Tix 4 Tonight...sometimes the hotel has better deals,so me times the discounters do.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kafek8t
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We booked this hotel according a very good reviews here in tripadvisor and our expectations were quite high. Unfortunately, we had to disappoint badly :(
Check in was more or less - nothing special, we didnt feel very welcome .
Selecting hotels the most important thing is that the hotel should be non -smoking. When we were in Trump Plaza in Atlantic City it bothered me that we had to walk every day to our room through smoky casino. So I thought that now I take a calm and quiet hotel with no casino in it and I assumed that our floor will be completely smoke free.
Unfortunately it was not so - non-smoking and smoking rooms were located on one floor ?! Completely absurd - such a thing should still go by floors!
What good is it if I have booked a non- smoking room, but every time I go there, I go through a corridor that smells of smoke. Also there was some smoke smell in our room even it should be non smoking room.
Also in hallway and lifts there were some kind of strange and breathtaking smell.
Otherwise the room looked ok, unfortunately not soundproof, let everything through the front door. Wifi was ok.
Housekeeping wasnt also very good - even traces of toothpaste from the sink had not been washed away .
The only good thing about the hotel was the location, very near to the strip, but not on it :)
We booked a room for 3 nights , but stayed only 2 - Vegas wasnt unfortunately for us.

3  Thank joonekas
Reviewed October 24, 2013

If you want to be an elevator ride away from the casino floor, this isn't the place for you. If you value a clean, quiet, comfortable, place to stay a couple of blocks away from the glitz and glamour of the Strip and at a very reasonable rate, this is it. This is a time share property. Our room had a fully equipped kitchenette, separate bath and vanity, small table, and a reading chair. For longer stays it might feel a bit small, but for a couple of nights it was just fine. I wish there was a restaurant on grounds or a little closer. But bottom line I'd stay here again in a heart beat.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jim W
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Our room was on the quiet side of the hotel, facing the monorail, so we did not hear any of the building noise going on next door. Everything in the hotel was to our satisfaction; check-in/out was fast, friendly and uncomplicated. Room service was adequate, with lots of towels. The room, while not the largest, offered everything we needed, including a refrigerator and a two-hob cooker, which we did not use. We did not not use any of the other facilities in the hotel, as we did not need them. If you would like to hit the nearest mall ASAP, I have the following tip; when you leave the parking lot in the direction of the action, turn right and cross the road at the crossing going north (parallel to the monorail), carry on about 150 yards, then take the first left up the stairs, go through the doors and you will be in the middle of the Hilton Mall.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room, away from the Marriott Hotel (currently being renovated)
3  Thank IgelEye