“Feels like home away from home.”

Texas Station Gambling Hall and Hotel
Ranked #151 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Hagerman, Idaho, United States
“Feels like home away from home.”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I have stayed at the Texas Station for 5 days every year for about 6 years and plan on staying again this year. The only thing different is I'll only stay one night this time on my way to my new home in Arizona. Every stay that I have spent there was very enjoyable, love the buffets and the cafe and the overall atmosphere is great. Everyone seems to always have a good time. I have always got a nice room and its alway clean and comfortable. i highly recommend staying with them all the time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Larry P
DaysInnLasVegas, Manager at Texas Station Gambling Hall and Hotel, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Hello Larry P,

Thank you very much for your Texas Station Hotel review. We are glad you enjoyed one of our many food options, our Feast Buffet. Look forward to seeing you soon.

Robert Ruiz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We like Texas Station. Lots of restaurant choices, only 10 minutes away from downtown Las Vegas, self contained (you never really have to leave) bowling alley, movie house and our favorite black jack table.

Room Tip: We like first floor which is really not ground level. It's easy access to everything, no waitin...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank bethduvall
Dear Bethduvall,

Thank you for your Texas Station Hotel review. Our many amenities make it easy to stay and fully enjoy your vacation. Bowling, Theaters, Full Casino, and many food outlets are reasons why Texas Station is a local's favorite. Look forward to seeing you soon.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Reasonable price, clean and friendly staff. I actually got the King bed room I reserved, I've gotten used to that option being the last thing a hotel cares about.

Lots of signs saying that a remodel was in progress but I saw no evidence of that. After a while my wife and I began to suspect it was all a cover for the dated accommodations. We ended up in a basement room, I had no idea these existed. The decor looked like someone in the 80's wanted a 70's look. However it did have a 40"-ish widescreen tv.

Over all it was an ok stay. But I don't think it'll be on my list again unless the price just destroys the other options in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank JC T
Hello Neonghost,

Thank you for your Texas Station Hotel review. We have just completed phase one of our remodel project. The decor was definitely out dated which is why the corridors and rooms have been revamped. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hosting your stay in the near future.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I arrived late around midnight. When I checked in, the thermostat on the wall was broken. There was only a thin velour blanket on the bed and dingy sheets, no comforter. There was no way to adjust the temperature in the room at all. The water in the sink was not functional. Because it was late and I was tired from traveling, I went to sleep instead of asking to change rooms. There was a band playing that night, so make sure to bring earplugs if you stay. In addition, I was not given the option of a non smoking room and the room smelled like smoke. They advertise free internet, but a stronger pay signal overrides the free connection so it was impossible to connect to the free signal. I booked through priceline and was charged a booking fee through them, and the hotel charged a resort fee on top of this. After all is said and done, you don't pay the uber cheap rate advertised--you may as well spend the extra money to stay at an actual nice hotel instead of this dump. I brought up my issues with the clerk in the morning when I checked out, and was told the front desk manager was away. When I brought up the issues with priceline, their response was that I hadn't reported the issues, so nothing would be done. Bottom line is, I never would pay out of pocket to voluntarily stay at a motel of this caliber, so they have to use priceline to fill the rooms. But, priceline won't help you either. So don't use priceline, and definately don't stay here!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Stacey H
Hello Stacey H,

Thank you for your Texas Station Hotel review. I apologize your stay was not up to our standards, or yours for that matter. I would be frustrated as well with the issues you encountered. Please know that this is not what we strive for in regards to guest experience. We have remodeled our hotel and hope you give us another chance at earning your loyalty.

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Jacksonville, Illinois, United States
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

We all had a blast at Texas Station. It's a ways off the strip but that's what we love about this place. Hometown feel, dealers are very friendly and buffet is very good for an "off the strip" price. You won't be disappoint in this place unless you love the hustle & bustle of the strip casinos.

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Glascock
University Place
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I arranged for my son and granddaughter to stay here and they are not seasoned travelers- i doubled confirmed the room on dec 18 to Collin in reservations, explaining need for late arrival status- he thanked me saying it was good i told them so manager would not give the room away. They arrived and the last double bed room had been given away. they were not upgraded to a suite but given a single bed room with a cot.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank hillmel
Hayman Island, Australia
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I stayed here from the 15th to the 17th of November 2013.

I stayed in room 117 which had the view of the pool.

The Hotel was a bit old, smelly and needs some serious TLC. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The one thing I really hated about the room was the extremely loud AC/Heating unit - it sounded like it was about to blow.

Luckily I wasn't in the room as this is Vegas you can't stay in your room all day otherwise you may as well stay home.

The best feature of this hotel was the food!!! Especially with the BUFFET - $5 for breakfast, $7.99 for lunch and $9.99 for dinner and you can eat as much as you like and there was over 50 dishes including soups and desserts to choose from!

I'd rate the restaurant a 5 out of 5!

This hotel is great for families who have fussy eaters and who want to be a bit further away from the strip as it's 20 minutes drive to the Strip!

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors seemed to be more modern than the 1st floor rooms they seriously need som...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family