“Choose another option”

Texas Station Gambling Hall and Hotel
Ranked #152 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I arrived late around midnight. When I checked in, the thermostat on the wall was broken. There was only a thin velour blanket on the bed and dingy sheets, no comforter. There was no way to adjust the temperature in the room at all. The water in the sink was not functional. Because it was late and I was tired from traveling, I went to sleep instead of asking to change rooms. There was a band playing that night, so make sure to bring earplugs if you stay. In addition, I was not given the option of a non smoking room and the room smelled like smoke. They advertise free internet, but a stronger pay signal overrides the free connection so it was impossible to connect to the free signal. I booked through priceline and was charged a booking fee through them, and the hotel charged a resort fee on top of this. After all is said and done, you don't pay the uber cheap rate advertised--you may as well spend the extra money to stay at an actual nice hotel instead of this dump. I brought up my issues with the clerk in the morning when I checked out, and was told the front desk manager was away. When I brought up the issues with priceline, their response was that I hadn't reported the issues, so nothing would be done. Bottom line is, I never would pay out of pocket to voluntarily stay at a motel of this caliber, so they have to use priceline to fill the rooms. But, priceline won't help you either. So don't use priceline, and definately don't stay here!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Stacey H
DaysInnLasVegas, Manager at Texas Station Gambling Hall and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Hello Stacey H,

Thank you for your Texas Station Hotel review. I apologize your stay was not up to our standards, or yours for that matter. I would be frustrated as well with the issues you encountered. Please know that this is not what we strive for in regards to guest experience. We have remodeled our hotel and hope you give us another chance at earning your loyalty.

Robert Ruiz

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

We all had a blast at Texas Station. It's a ways off the strip but that's what we love about this place. Hometown feel, dealers are very friendly and buffet is very good for an "off the strip" price. You won't be disappoint in this place unless you love the hustle & bustle of the strip casinos.

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Glascock
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I arranged for my son and granddaughter to stay here and they are not seasoned travelers- i doubled confirmed the room on dec 18 to Collin in reservations, explaining need for late arrival status- he thanked me saying it was good i told them so manager would not give the room away. They arrived and the last double bed room had been given away. they were not upgraded to a suite but given a single bed room with a cot.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank hillmel
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I stayed here from the 15th to the 17th of November 2013.

I stayed in room 117 which had the view of the pool.

The Hotel was a bit old, smelly and needs some serious TLC. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The one thing I really hated about the room was the extremely loud AC/Heating unit - it sounded like it was about to blow.

Luckily I wasn't in the room as this is Vegas you can't stay in your room all day otherwise you may as well stay home.

The best feature of this hotel was the food!!! Especially with the BUFFET - $5 for breakfast, $7.99 for lunch and $9.99 for dinner and you can eat as much as you like and there was over 50 dishes including soups and desserts to choose from!

I'd rate the restaurant a 5 out of 5!

This hotel is great for families who have fussy eaters and who want to be a bit further away from the strip as it's 20 minutes drive to the Strip!

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors seemed to be more modern than the 1st floor rooms they seriously need som...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank RyanSinger
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We stayed here for three nights during a fast pitch softball tournament over Thanksgiving. The rooms are very average and need updating; however, they were clean. If you stay close to the casino, you will definitely smell cig smoke, but it is not overwhelming. The staff was very friendly. The casino games seemed a bit looser than most on the strip and there are plenty of bars to watch the game.

The buffet was very industrial, but try the oyster bar.

Room Tip: We stayed in 206 and could smell the cig smoke.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Greg L
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We stayed here the weekend before Thanksgiving. We arrived later than planned due to weather-related crashes on the interstate in Utah so didn't have much time to explore or experience this hotel - or should I call it a city! Wasn't expecting quite such a large hotel but it appeared to have everything you'd want right there. We were given free passes/enticements to several of the hotel's offerings: gambling, eatery, etc., but left early the next morning so didn't take advantage of anything :o( We received friendly service at check-in and check-out. We were supposed to be on the first floor right off casino but really just wanted a good night's sleep (to be able to travel further the next day). We requested a different, further-away room and the clerk happily located a suitable room. The room was quiet and clean with a comfortable bed so we slept fairly well. Parking was nearby/free but there was no complimentary breakfast so we ate when we got on the road. The best part was the price: $38!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

I won't be staying there again. I have stayed here many times and each time it gets worst. This time the room was sick. I swear there was blood splatter through out the room. Even my little three year old mentioned the blood on the walls. It seemed like our room was also half cleaned. There was no coffee maker, book to tell what was in the hotel, etc. It just didn't seem like it was ready for guest.

Stayed: November 2013
Summerlin
Suncoast Hotel and Casino
Suncoast Hotel and Casino
#38 of 263 in Las Vegas

Been to Texas Station Gambling Hall and Hotel? Share your experiences!