“Wonderful!”

Ranked #158 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Palmdale, California
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We had stayed here quite a few times many years ago and were pleased overall. Decided to stay here for a few days last week and we were not disappointed. The rooms are up-to-date and spotless. The entire staff is so friendly and courteous - which was just so refreshing for a change. Can't beat the $4.99 breakfast buffet!! Had a great time and even won enough on the penny machines to play on their money. LOL
Will definitely be back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Karen93550

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Arizona
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Bought this hotel stay through a web site that you don't know the name until you purchase it. Parking is adequate and easy in a structure close to the hotel front desk. Upon arrival staff was friendly. I decided to leave a cash deposit rather then use a credit card. They make sure you understand that you will be liable if anything is missing or damaged by signing a cash deposit form--understandable. My room was on the 4th floor window faced a stucco wall with zero view. Room was clean but seemed as though it hasn't been updated much since they built the place, The room was comfortable, had a nice sized flat screen TV. MY BIGGEST BEEF: YOU HAVE TO STICK YOUR ROOM KEY IN THE LIGHT SWITCH TO TURN ON THE A/C UNIT. I HAD TO KEEP GETTING OUT OF BED TO KEEP THE A/C RUNNING DURING THE NIGHT. It was extremely stuffy in that room while trying to sleep. When I checked out the following morning, front desk staff was apologetic about it and said that they were eventually going to remove the a/c switches. They also said that almost everyone complains about it. I would probably only stay here again if I got a killer deal or had to.

2 Thank DADuv2
California
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Everything was fine until it was time to sleep. Our room was near the hall where the elevators are located. The sound of the elevators going upo & down all night log kept us awake as well as the air turning on & off over & over again. Very little sleep....

1 Thank micheleborjagibbard

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Mooresville, North Carolina
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Some may say "You get what you pay for!". In my stay at Texas Station, I got WAY less than what I paid for. My husband, 6-year-old son and I stayed a Saturday night at this hotel. My husband is active duty military, so we got a small discount. With taxes, our total for 1 night was $80.00. This room was worth no more than $25.00.

The entire casino is one of the smokiest I have ever been in. There seems like there is ZERO ventilation. We stayed on the 3rd floor which was an adjoining room. At 3AM I woke up to the smell of cigarettes, called the front desk to complain, and was told the only floor that allows smoking is the 6th floor. Well, the smoke probably drafted down through the air ducts, because our room SMELLED HORRIBLE.

This hotel is a Smoker's Paradise. If you'd rather not get 2nd hand lung cancer, I suggest you go nowhere near this place.

See photos for hideous vent in shower and craptastic furniture. AWFUL!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Caroline W
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I have stayed here a few times for business over the past 3 years. For the most part it is a good experience. Good buffet, and other dinning choices are in the hotel casino, and here are several bars also. The room was a bit uncomfortable due to the very noisy window air conditioner that sounded like it was about ready to take off. Annoying system of having to on the A/C by inserting your room key card into a slot inside the door. Good way to forget your card and lock yourself out.
Bathroom was clean with adequate towels, soap, etc. Lots of easy parking.

Room Tip: Easy access to casino and restuarants from rooms on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Roy, Utah
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I waited for a couple of days for the director of the hotel to call me and offer some kind of compensation and haven't heard from him so here's my review. I should have demanded to be moved out of room 105 when we first checked in. There was a huge stain in front of the dresser and another huge stain in front of the night stand. It looked like the carpets hadn't been cleaned for a couple of years. The room also had NO ventilation, when you'd get out of the shower the room was so stuffy and muggy that the mirros wouldn't clear for about an hour. I even opened the window to try to get some air moving around. The room was simply nasty....but...we were there for a dart tournament and in between matches when we checked in so I just let it go. HUGE MISTAKE! The morning we were supposed to check out I felt something crawling in my ear. Of course I swatted at it and killed it. I went into the bathroom to see if I had something on my finger and sure enough there was what was left of a bug. I went back out and turned the light on, lifted the pillow and there were three more under the pillow! Pulled the covers down and noticed tiny blood streaks where we had touched them during the night! OMG...I wanted to throw up! They were literally crawling in the bed and on the walls behind the headboard! I gathered some of them up in a container and immediately went to the front desk. The manager of the hotel wasn't in so she called security and engineering to the front desk. The guy from engineering took one look behind the bed and said "Yup...I have no doubt...they're bed bugs". I went back upstairs and was waiting for someone to tell me what we were supposed to do from there. I looked at one of the security guards and the conversation went like this:
Me: So what are we supposed to do now?
SG: What do you mean what do you do now? Aren't you checking out today anyway?
Me: Yes, we're checking out today, but we didn't plan on checking out at 7 in the morning!
SG: Well..what do you want us to do?
Me: I don't know! Tell me what we do from here...how do I know we aren't taking those bugs home with us??
SG: Well..how do we know you didn't bring them with you? (Should have seen the look the hotel clerk gave him)...
Me: Are you freaking kidding me?? You were in the room when the engineering guy found them...they had set up camp long before we arrived!
I was so pissed off I wanted to slap him. Then come to find out that my boyfriend had spotted the blood streaks on the sheets the morning after we checked in and just thought he had cut himself or something and said that those streaks had been there since the first morning! Apparently they hadn't bothered to change the sheets for two days and apparently just made the beds!! EWWWW!!
The hotel manager called me back a few minutes later and told me that they would comp the room...okay..that's all fine and dandy except for one thing...the company I play darts for paid for my room, so I basically didn't get ANYTHING for my inconvenience and I told her that. She said "Well..that's all I'm allowed to do." I call [--] on that one. I know they could have at least comped me some slot play or some kind of dinner.
Needless to say, that will be the last time I stay at Texas Station and I posted it on Facebook so that all of the dart players were aware of the problem as well.
What is sad is the fact that before all of this I thought Texas Station was a very clean, nice hotel, but to be treated like this was MY fault...NOT A GOOD IDEA.

Me: Are you freaking kidding me??

9 Thank Cindy W
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Pros:
1. Good food @ Austin's steakhouse
2. Friendly waiters @ Austin's & bartenders @ Cadillac bar
3. Plenty of self parking
4. Bathroom counter is big
5. Good sized bathtubs
6. Comfortable beds
7. Housekeeping fast service with more towels & pillows
8. Cheap rate
9. Comfortable chair in room

Cons:
1. Extremely rude casino valet guys
2. No valet for hotel side
3. No help with luggage from car to room
4. Not good tasting food @ Grand cafe
5. Not fast check in service
6. No fridges available
7. No book in room for hotel amenities or restaurants

I doubt if my boyfriend & I will ever return to Texas to stay. And I would not recommend it to anyone. If we hadn't pre-paid for the room, we would have left right after dealing with the rude valet guy. I do not understand how the first person you meet has that sort of a bad attitude. He should be the nicest & most helpful. It wasn't like he was busy, so no excuse.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank sarajonevada
SOFIA L, General Manager at Texas Station Gambling Hall and Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for sharing your concerns regarding the unpleasant experience you encountered at our Texas Station Hotel. Your input is very valuable to us as it helps to define our strengths and opportunities to improve so that we can better serve you.
My sincere apology for the situations you describe in your comments. We train our team members to provide our guests with Beyond the Best service and based on your experience we fell short on meeting those expectations. I can assure you this matter will be addressed and corrected.