“Cash deposit when checking in but did not get it back”

Texas Station Gambling Hall and Hotel
Ranked #150 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Rock Island, Illinois
“Cash deposit when checking in but did not get it back”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

We checked in at 2:00 am in the morning because our plane was delayed. When we checked in the girl at the front counter said there is a $100.00 deposit and you will get it back when you leave. I gave the girl $100.00 cash and did not get a receipt be cause we were tired and just wanted to a room.We had reservations. When we left I went done to the front desk and ask about my deposit and the girl said that they would mail it to me. We checked in March 7th - 8th and checked out march 11th 2013. Today it is April 30th and have not heard anything about my $100.00. I called a couple times and faxed them all my information. We went through Expedia Travel so everything was paid for up front. I hope I get my money back so I can write another review with good news.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Larry S
SOFIA L, Executive Administrative Assistant at Texas Station Gambling Hall and Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Valued Guest -

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit to Texas Station Gambling Hall & Hotel and allowing us to address your comments and concerns.

Our Director of Hotel has advised me that he has been in contact with you regarding the $100 deposit. Please feel free to contact us directly at 1-800-654-8888 if you should have any other concerns or feedback.

The team at Texas Station truly appreciates your business and look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Quito, Ecuador
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Hi! I booked this hotel through Hotwire. I got it for a fair price, but after I booked, it said I had to pay $12.99 plus tax for each day. Not worth it at all, for the same amount I could have stayed at a better place.
The bad stuff? very dirty room, I had to clean myself the bedside table, top of lamps. We moved the table from the corner a little bit to be able to eat something on it and sit on the chairs, and there were crumbs under it. We left the table like that so they would clean it, surprise, we came back and everything, all the crumbs and even a dime were in the exact same place....
the buffet was cheap, but also the food was cheap, you can easily tell that the food is low quality.... won't stay here again! you can hear what goes on outside and when the next door people shower!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Engel2015
SOFIA L, Manager at Texas Station Gambling Hall and Hotel, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about our recent visit to Texas Station Gambling Hall and Hotel. Your input is very valuable to us as it helps to define our strengths and opportunities so we can better serve you.

We pride ourselves on providing outstanding service and ensuring that our guests have an enjoyable experience. I apologize for failing to meet that goal in serving you during your stay. We will make note to address this with the correspondent department.

Again, we thank you for your feedback and hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you again.

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Yulee, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

We booked five nights for $165.90 through 3rd party booking service ($33.18 per night w/tax), plus the resort fee ($14.55 per night, w/tax). The 3rd party booking service didn’t mention the resort fee, but I was aware of it based on other TripAdvisor reviews. I had planned on seeing if I could decline, since I didn’t need/want any of the “resort amenities”; internet, newspaper, fax & copy service @ business center, and fitness center. But I left my cell phone on the kitchen counter, so I didn’t have a WiFi hotspot. Note, internet comes ala carte for $5.+ for service you get with resort fee, or $10.+ for high speed service. If I come back, I would try to decline resort fee and do high speed for $10.+, if I didn’t have hotspot.
Room was satisfactory, clean and as shown on web site. Noise level was typical for this class of hotel, some occasional hallway noise, but otherwise not a problem. We didn’t miss microwave and fridge because of 24 hour food service in casino. I did miss cheap/free coffee in the morning.
Be sure and get “Boarding Pass”, their player’s card, to access buffet discounts. We only did breakfast buffet, it was a good value, lots to choose from, eggs to order, … .
Steak dinner at Austin’s was a good deal, $24.99 for three course dinner, rest of family had top sirloin while I had prime rib. My prime rib was excellent and the sirloin was also reported to be excellent.
We didn't do the in-house movie theater or bowling. Note; free bowling with buffet receipt.
Smoke in casino was noticeable, but their ventilation system handled it well.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Jim_in_Yulee
SOFIA L, Manager at Texas Station Gambling Hall and Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are so glad you enjoyed our Buffet and dinner at Austins, we get a lot of rave reviews on our prime rib, isn't it delicious?! There are a lot of benefits of getting a Boarding Pass, food discounts being one great feature but also you can earn points on your card which can translate into free slot play. Regarding the Hotel Service Fee, unfortunately you cannot opt to wave that fee, it is a built in fee with the room rate. Again, thanks for your thoughtful review and we hope that you come visit us again!
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Price is great but know u get what u pay for. Over 30 minute wait to check in. Rooms dirty. Pool small cold dirty and no towels. Car got broken into in self parking area. Gaming cocktail service slow.

There were a few pros- kids club. Clean friendly staff kids had fun a d reasonably priced if your with kids good place for them to play while adults play. Slots.. I won so that's always a plus.

Disappointed in hotel I shared all these comments with them as well with no response.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Amber H

We pride ourselves on providing outstanding service and ensuring that our guests have an enjoyable experience. I apologize for failing to meet that goal in serving you during your stay. Please call or email me what had happened during your stay so I can address the problem. My email is cliff.martine@stationcasinos and my direct line is 702-631-1025.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

So this was our first time taking our kids to Vegas and we needed ajoining rooms, they did it , we needed extra pillows they did it , extra towels they did it all in pretty quick timming n friendly! I have to say considering the price I was berry iffy because we usually pay Triple for.half the time we stayed here! Compared to other places <PH,Luxor, Ext.> Texas station rooms where GREAt and I say that because they where so damn clean n the beds where so comfy n we paid under 375 <including the 13 dollar.resort.few> for.two room, 7 people ,For Four nights including 16 free buffett¡ We still spent a crap load of money but on the GOOOOD FUN STUFF!!!!! So I you CANT BEAT that! my only complaint was that they had us as a standard rooms instead of preferred so I had to.call n remind to restock the Lil extras but not a biggy for what we paid! So people stop complaining about the resort.fees! We defiantly be back!

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for the wonderful acknowledgments! Sounds like you and your family had a great time! Look forward to hosting you again.
Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

Yes the room was actually clean and looked updated .
We stayed a couple of nights, because we checked in so late(sold out ) we were upgraded to the superior
rooms , better bedding and a fridge . We came back a couple of days later for 2 more nights, after a stay at the Hilton Grand vacation ( very nice ) to a lumpy bed with noisy springs .
There is security everywhere , as the area is a little iffy .
We had a car so it was 5 minutes to downtown and 7-8 minutes depending where on the strip you want to go.
My beef is with the resort/amenities fee at 12.99 plus tx per night .
You get one internet connection , another device and you will get charged . funny I can go to Mcdonalds down the street and hook up 3 wifi devices for FREE.
the fee gave you unlimited fax use , wow ! free local calls and use of the pool , but no towels were out there , and the best is access to the cardio room and when i say room i mean small room about 15 feet by 10 with one low end elliptical that made so much noise , i couldn't take more than 20 minutes on it . 2 treadmills , one that had been broken for 6 weeks according to the service request tag on it , and a stationary bike . no weights . so basically if more than 2 people show up , too bad .
Actually the cardio room is so small some staff didn't even know it existed.
Stay for the cheap rates , but thats about it

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank jershu
Tucker, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Skip this one. While reasonably priced for locals, the food is just OK. I asked the hostess what was their speciality, she looked aside and whispered, go to the Fiesta for a good buffet - the next property to the Texas. Almost reluctantly said the bbq ribs were good. She was right and I only wished I just gone for the ribs. I went ahead and took selections from the Mexican and italian sections, bland and boring. Ribs tho were good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank FoodieinTucker
SOFIA L, General Manager at Texas Station Gambling Hall and Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
I would like to thank you for your feed back for any suggestions we get are taken seriously and acted on. However, as the general manager this is upsetting to hear. We are always striving to not only meet but exceed expectations with our service, quality of food and overal casino experience. With that being said, please feel free to call me with any additional feed back as it is always appreciated. Thank you. 702-631-1064.