Texas Station Gambling Hall and Hotel
Paris Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$129
$147
$135
Venetian.com
  • Pool
Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$227
$195
MandalayBay.com
  • Restaurant
MGM Grand Hotel and Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$139
  • Restaurant
Bellagio Las Vegas(Las Vegas)
$167
$152
Bellagio.com
  • Restaurant
The Mirage Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$138
$125
Mirage.com
  • Restaurant
Signature at MGM Grand(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$265
$107
VEGAS.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbowling alleymovie theaterstation casinosfood courtinexpensive place to stayoyster barfeast buffetoff the striptable gamesking bedfatburgercashiershampooconferencelvdealers
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I've stayed at the Texas Station a few times and hotel is good but their Home Amenity Fee is a real bust. The internet was of no use spent 30 mins on the phone waiting to talk to their rep. After the rep was able to get on. But next trying to get on it again I just gave up. Room was clean and very nice just not a good great place to get on the internet.

Room Tip: Stay away from the Online Exclusive Deal you could end up in a smoker room if your not a smoker
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Randy S
Reviewed August 30, 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Just returned from a three night stay with my wife (8/8-8/11) and we both really enjoyed ourselves. I was surprised by some of the comments by other travelers as we had no problems with any of the staff. All were friendly and took care of any problems immediately.
In any case we arrived shortly after noon on Wednesday and were given our keys to room 220. I really liked the fact that the reception desk was just inside the entry door (south entrance) and the rooms right around eh corner. I hate places where you have to walk through the casino to get to your room. The second floor is actually the casino level. If you don't like elevators, ask for a room on the second floor. My wife and I found it very convenient. The rooms are basic but clean and good size. The bathrooms are much larger than average and the water pressure is fantastic. As stated by some previous posters they have a key activated electrical system. This system is very common in Europe and Mexico. It just requires the room key to be placed in a slot by the door in order for the electricity to work. We did have the same issue as an earlier poster regarding the ac turning off and not coming back on. When I asked about this at the front desk, they showed me the display on the counter that showed how to work the system. It seemed i had the card in backwards. I placed the card in properly and we never had a problem again. I was unable to connect to the internet from my room and the front desk person offered me either a room change or a rebate on the resort fee. I took the rebate. The front desk personnel handled each of these small problems with a smile. The pool is on the first floor. You do not have to go through the casino to get to it, the elevator drops you off right in front of it. As stated, it is small but clean and well maintained. We went down twice during our stay and were the only people in the pool area. We found the restaurants to be very good with many good choices. The buffet is very reasonably priced with a good standard selections. The Italian restaurant is excellent. We were lucky enough to dine when they were having a 50% off promotion. Even at full price the food is great and the service excellent. The cafe is also very good. The breakfast wait staff is full of energy and really a delight to deal with. The specials are excellent (particularly the 2 egg skillet breakfast for $3). They also have a food court with several options as well as a movie theater.
Regarding the gaming, they have a large bingo parlor, multiple table games, 2 craps tables and a small poker room that is fairly busy every evening. We were treated well by all the staff.
We were very pleased with our experience at Texas Station and hope to return in December.

Room Tip: As stated in my review, if you don't like elevators, ask for a room on the second floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank nuggetboy
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Not as glitzy (or pricey) as the strip casinos yet still better than some chains and the no-name local hotels, Texas Station is a good choce for the cost concious traveller. Rooms are as expected in this price range:basic furnishings in a simple room. Furniture was showing it's age with some wear spots and stains. Bathroom was adequate (with some nice comp toiletries) and towels were surprisingly fluffy. Casino is quite expansive, showcasing some of the newest slots while supplying many old favorites and classic reels. Nice food court had some variety to it. Buffet is quite large with a lot of variety for the price (9.99, all adults got this price as we had two casino club members in our group). Found the mandatory "service fee" a waste as the wireless internet it was supposed to provide me rarely worked.

While I wouldn't spend a whole vacation here, Texas Station provided a nice stop for the night, away from the hassles of the strip.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bukster007
Reviewed July 28, 2012

do not book with priceline if you had to stay at the Texas station. I was locked of my room that was paid in advance for unpaid fees and fake charges.My card was lost or stolen and I had no way to pay the made up fees until I could get to the bank.Front desk people are rude and as fake as the service fees. security refused to let me in the room and the front desk refused to refund my money for the paid room.I work in Las Vegas every year and never had anything but helpful people at the hotels (the Cannery) but the staff of the Texas station are hacks. No place anybody should work, stay or play.

Room Tip: the food court was nice to have in the casino floor.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business