“Booked last minute and was okay”

Texas Station Gambling Hall and Hotel
Ranked #154 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
georgia
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Just returned from a three night stay with my wife (8/8-8/11) and we both really enjoyed ourselves. I was surprised by some of the comments by other travelers as we had no problems with any of the staff. All were friendly and took care of any problems immediately.
In any case we arrived shortly after noon on Wednesday and were given our keys to room 220. I really liked the fact that the reception desk was just inside the entry door (south entrance) and the rooms right around eh corner. I hate places where you have to walk through the casino to get to your room. The second floor is actually the casino level. If you don't like elevators, ask for a room on the second floor. My wife and I found it very convenient. The rooms are basic but clean and good size. The bathrooms are much larger than average and the water pressure is fantastic. As stated by some previous posters they have a key activated electrical system. This system is very common in Europe and Mexico. It just requires the room key to be placed in a slot by the door in order for the electricity to work. We did have the same issue as an earlier poster regarding the ac turning off and not coming back on. When I asked about this at the front desk, they showed me the display on the counter that showed how to work the system. It seemed i had the card in backwards. I placed the card in properly and we never had a problem again. I was unable to connect to the internet from my room and the front desk person offered me either a room change or a rebate on the resort fee. I took the rebate. The front desk personnel handled each of these small problems with a smile. The pool is on the first floor. You do not have to go through the casino to get to it, the elevator drops you off right in front of it. As stated, it is small but clean and well maintained. We went down twice during our stay and were the only people in the pool area. We found the restaurants to be very good with many good choices. The buffet is very reasonably priced with a good standard selections. The Italian restaurant is excellent. We were lucky enough to dine when they were having a 50% off promotion. Even at full price the food is great and the service excellent. The cafe is also very good. The breakfast wait staff is full of energy and really a delight to deal with. The specials are excellent (particularly the 2 egg skillet breakfast for $3). They also have a food court with several options as well as a movie theater.
Regarding the gaming, they have a large bingo parlor, multiple table games, 2 craps tables and a small poker room that is fairly busy every evening. We were treated well by all the staff.
We were very pleased with our experience at Texas Station and hope to return in December.

Room Tip: As stated in my review, if you don't like elevators, ask for a room on the second floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank nuggetboy
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Not as glitzy (or pricey) as the strip casinos yet still better than some chains and the no-name local hotels, Texas Station is a good choce for the cost concious traveller. Rooms are as expected in this price range:basic furnishings in a simple room. Furniture was showing it's age with some wear spots and stains. Bathroom was adequate (with some nice comp toiletries) and towels were surprisingly fluffy. Casino is quite expansive, showcasing some of the newest slots while supplying many old favorites and classic reels. Nice food court had some variety to it. Buffet is quite large with a lot of variety for the price (9.99, all adults got this price as we had two casino club members in our group). Found the mandatory "service fee" a waste as the wireless internet it was supposed to provide me rarely worked.

While I wouldn't spend a whole vacation here, Texas Station provided a nice stop for the night, away from the hassles of the strip.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bukster007
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Been living in Las Vegas since 1985, this place by far has the worst customer service. Since i live close by ive gave them several chances to improve----with no luck. To many other places to go and get better service. Never again will i step into any Station Casino Hotel

Room Tip: Stay on the strip--spend a little extra
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank mickey c

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Bend, Oregon
Reviewed July 28, 2012

do not book with priceline if you had to stay at the Texas station. I was locked of my room that was paid in advance for unpaid fees and fake charges.My card was lost or stolen and I had no way to pay the made up fees until I could get to the bank.Front desk people are rude and as fake as the service fees. security refused to let me in the room and the front desk refused to refund my money for the paid room.I work in Las Vegas every year and never had anything but helpful people at the hotels (the Cannery) but the staff of the Texas station are hacks. No place anybody should work, stay or play.

Room Tip: the food court was nice to have in the casino floor.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank rick c
Ontario
Reviewed June 29, 2012

We spend a few hours at the casino having breakfast, gambling and bloody marys on June 24, 2012 - had an incident at the bar where my daughters wallet was stolen with quite a bit of cash and lots of personal information. We believed that the bar tender may have taken it. We were pretty much given no help. We have friends in vegas who told us they should have offered to check the video and should have been very concerned that an employee may be involved or that maybe a pick pocket was loose in the casino - they were not - they didn't offer to do anything - they basically said oh well and took our info - came back the next day on advise of friends in the casino industry and they said they would run the tapes and let us know what happened. 2 days later never received a call back from anyone - had to call again - this time I am being told by the daytime security manager that this was the first he ever heard of the incident - acted like we were riff raff and liars - said he would check the tape and get back to me - he did call me back the next day and said that the tape shows she took her wallet out of her purse to pay the bartender and then put it back and that was it - no further check etc. I dont' even believe they looked at the tape. Not even worried that if the bar tender didn't take it that maybe someone reached in her purse and did - will be boycotting all station casinos from now on - not going to contribute to their income when they don't care about their customers concerns

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Deborah P
Sparks, Nevada
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I went to Texas Station for a group activity with about 100 other people. Finding the place was very easy. Parking was very easy and getting to the registration desk was very easy. I'll break the reveiew down into parts so you can read what you are interested in and skip what you are not interested in. We stayed for 5 days so we experienced quite a bit of the hotel.

CHECK IN:
The first lady we spoke with was very rude. I don't remember her name - I had to bypass her and go straight to the manager who was very nice! Anyhow, they want $15.00 for early check in and regardless of the time you show up the demand a $100.00 "deposit" incase you trash your room ON TOP of what you already paid for the room so make sure if you go here you have an extra hundred bucks to drop until you check out. (They didnt warn us about that). Also, be warned they only have 1 bell boy so you are either going to have to wait until he gets to you or you can request your own pully wagon thing and be your own bell hop. (Important if you have kids or elderly with you.)

ROOM:
The rooms are decent. They have everything you need excpet for a coffee maker. They are clean. The bathrooms are clean as well. This is a "green" hotel if you have ever heard of such a stupid thing so the A/C unit actually shuts off when it hits the temp that you want but then never comes back on until you tell it to. So you can set it for 70 and when it hits 70 it turns off, then 10 minutes later when the Las Vegas heat makes your room go back up to 85, you have to turn the A/C back on and wait until it cools down. You have to do this over and over and over and over again so you will wake up hot in the middle of the night. (There are no screens on the windows so I wouldnt open them for air if you have kids) - also, each time the A/C would turn off, the TV would change channels - there is something funky going on with the electrical. My friend had a room across the hall and her A/C smelled like feet. It was pretty gross.

GIFT SHOP:
Really has almost everything that you would need. Light snacks, drinks, even clothes that dont say LAS VEGAS all over them. The guy behind the counter is one of the rudest people I have ever encountered though. I wanted to purchase about $20.00 worth of items, all I had was a $100.00 bill. He told me to go out and break the bill instead of taking it. So I went into the casino to the bill breaker (kids in tow) and went back to purchase the items but they were gone. I asked him if he put them back so I could retreive them and he told me no and said "You dont get it until you pay" - impling I was going to steal them or something. I didnt go back to the gift shop the whole time because of him.

FOOD:
The only "cheap" place to eat is the diner. The food is decent and the price is right but if you are there for 5 days like we were it gets old really quick. I didnt try the seafood place and I didnt want to pay for the steakhouse. They have a fat burger ($5.00 for just a burger), a pizza place ($5.00 for one slice) and a Dairy Queen, Panda Express, Baja Freash and Starbucks. There is a subway across the street in Wal-Mart that's cheaper.

CASINO & BARS:
I wasnt allowed to go to the bars during our event (Off limits. Boo-hoo!) but it did look like the were a decent place to sit and enjoy a drink. There were not any "clubs" - just regular bars to sit and hang out and people watch. The casino had a decent variety of slots which kept the gambling interesting. They dont pay out to well so dont get your hopes up.

KIDS STUFF:
They have a bowling alley which is really nice (complete with food and drink) as well as an arcade (good size) and even a babysitting play gym - this is a new concept that i have never seen before - it's a HUGE room with a large play structure, kind of like the McDonalds play places but about 20 times bigger. It is 100% fenced in and secure and you can sign your kid into it and pay $7.50 an hour for them to play while you go drink and gamble.....kids would probably love it. You have to have your childs shot records to get in....

POOL:
The pool is small. Very small. There is no hot tub. The lounge chairs are in good condition and they have towels for pool use which is nice.

OVERALL FEEL OF HOTEL:
I would stay here agian with kids or if I wasnt interested in the strip. It is a good $50.00 cab ride away from the strip and this hotel does not have a shuttle. The cost of the room does not justify staying that far from the strip. If you are coming for something else than this is a good place to stay. The staff are all very rude but if you can get away without talking to them you'll be fine. I read alot of reviews that said the place is crawling with pimps and hookers - to be honest we were in bed by 10:00 every night so I cant speak past that time, but I only saw three girls that looked questionable the entire time I was there. They might have been hookers or they might have had bad fashion sense and thought they looked cute for a night on the town - who knows? I never felt unsafe or dirty walking around Texas Station.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends