WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Really nice room, horrible food (food so horrible, nice room not able to salvage situation)” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rumor Hotel

Rumor Hotel
Ranked #149 of 267 Hotels in Las Vegas
Vegas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

The deluxe suite is nice, and for the price you pay, it is not a bad deal (stayed with a friend). It is off the strip. The hotel is opposite a larger hotel, and that is where I wanted to stay after eating at the Rumor hotel.
The Rumor hotel is pretty when you walk in, white with contemporary designs and colored furniture that give it a cool retro chic lobby. The staff at the front desk is very nice. The rooms are clean and a good value for what one gets... so why did I rate it as average? Because the food was terrible! We were invited to a blindfolded dinner in their private dining room. We payed for it and went (deal on Amazon local). Wow.. talk about some of the worst food I have ever tasted!!! It was so bad, I took one bite of everything and said no way to any more of the garbage in front of me and was thankful I did not gag when I tasted the dessert. I wanted to tell them to consider not blindfolding us so our taste sense will not be so strong and we will have less of a perception of how bad the food really was. I am a total foodie, and being local, I know great food that tickles the palate properly and this was so not it. None of my party enjoyed the food and they did not have a vegetarian option for one of the guests... not good! My party and I ended up going to a restaurant across the street at the larger hotel that I know is good, and two in our party kept their blindfolds. The food we ate at this time at a great restaurant across the street from Rumors was outstanding, even with a blindfold on and not having seen the food yet. I suggested to the lobby front desk staff at the Rumor hotel that they stop promoting this dinner on Groupon and Amazon at it is not helping them, yet rather creating a poor reputation.
This is a nice hotel to stay at if you need a room, yet if you want a hotel that also has some food, this is not a good choice as from the appetizer to the entree to the dessert, this is, hands down, one of the worst meals I have ever had in my present lifetime!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank avrmir
Dillon S, General Manager at Rumor Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Hello,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I"m glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. But dissapointed to hear that you didn't enjoy the Dining in the Dark experience. The food for the Dining in the Dark is always something a little different and is not something on our normal restaurant menu. The flavors for those foods are very unique as the chef does try to mess with your tastebuds a bit. I can honestly say, this is the first time we've received negative feedback on the food served. I do apologize that you did not enjoy it. We do provide vegetarian options for Dining in the Dark, however they do have to be requested 72 hours in advance. I know we did try to exchange out one of your dishes for a salad, I'm sorry that wasn't enough. I would love to have you back to our restaurant again for brunch or dinner sometime. Please contact me directly to discuss. Thanks again for being our guest and giving us your feedback. We love hearing from our guests!

All the best,

Dillon Sweeney
(702) 369-5400
dsweeney@rumorvegas.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

This was a unique experience in that we used hotelstonight.com to get a really killer rate, and then on top of that it was a really slow night so the front desk lady (who was awesome, and very nice) upgraded the room for us!

Awesome bar, awesome pool. Easy access to everything Vegas. WiFi was functional but not extremely fast. Netflix worked well on my phone though, so it is as i said, functional :)

Room Tip: Upgrade to the king suite, you wont regret it.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dillon S, General Manager at Rumor Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Hello,

Thank you so much for being our guest and taking the time to share your experience! I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your "Stay-cation" with us! We love our locals! I'm also glad you enjoyed your upgraded room. Please feel free to contact me directly any time you plan on returning. I would be happy to assist you. Thanks again for choosing us! We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.

Cheers,

Dillon Sweeney
(702) 369-5400
dsweeney@rumorvegas.com
Southern California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

I stayed at Rumors in May 2014 to see what the "sister" hotel of Artisan had to offer. The room rates are slightly higher than Artisan but I thought I'd give it a shot.
The rooms are beautiful and nicely decorated but could use a chair in the corner or at the desk in the room. There are two plastic chairs on the small balcony so I used one of them.The bathrooms are large and the dark tile rain shower with seat is very nice! Be advised the closet is small and will not fit a large suitcase. You can pull out the suitcase rack and place it in the corner if you don't mind having it in the room. Ice machine is accessible at end of hallway.
The bed is comfy with nice sheets and the faux white leather couch is also comfy.
You do need to travel outside to get to your room in other buildings so in rainy weather you will get wet! They do not have valet service but do have free parking all around the buildings. The complex is gated and your room key gets you into the various gates if you park in back.
Service was okay but not great. I did get the free champagne after asking twice (warm & no glasses :( ). I have to say all service is much better at the Artisan.
I'd say it is great for a 20s crowd that wants to hang by the pool or in a hammock after a night of partying in Vegas. No food service on the premises but some places are located within walking distance. The Hard Rock Casino, Pool & Spa is right across the street and easily walkable (even in heels!). if you are traveling by air to Vegas this is a much closer location than the Artisan with more places around it by walking short distances. Also if you are looking for a "getaway" and don't want to be noticed, it is more private than Artisan and still has the sexiness of the rooms.

Room Tip: if you don't want to see the pool for hear the noise, ask for a room facing away from the pool...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Vera D
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

We had a wonderful time at rumor hotel. Very cute decorating, friendly staff, and a free bottle of champagne at check in. Would highly recommend this place. Felt so relaxing I forgot we were in Vegas!

Room Tip: Get a pool view room, makes sunset watching beautiful!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
omaha
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

Jennifer at the front desk was horrible..nasty attitude and lazy. Asked her for a towel to freshen up for my convention since we couldn't check in at 2pm....never got around to getting us one. Emily made up for her lack of customer service skills. Thanks Emily. ..Jennifer may need to work at Burger King.

• Stayed June 2014
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here at a discounted rate of $89/night, normally $145. Room was missing table and chairs, mattress pad was Filthy with stains, spatters of who knows what on the bathroom walls, dirty windows, unfriendly front desk staff, housekeeping walked in room without knocking twice, geared more fir a 20's crowd, lots of partying, upon checkout never asked how our stay was. I wouldn't stay here again too many other nice hotels in Vegas. Motel 6 would have been a better choice at $59/night!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Cheri M

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

Checking in (on a Sunday) was a bit of a hassle, as there were only two clerks working. But after waiting 15-20 minutes and finally getting up to our room I was pleasantly surprised by how cozy and modern the room was. I enjoyed the updated decor, fluffy bed, and luxurious bathroom. My only negative would be that the shower is definitely not big enough for two people and was not cleaned very well. I could still see calcium deposits on the shower head, nothing major. Also, I would stay out of the soaking tub, who knows what gone on in there haha.
Other Pros: off the strip but close enough for a five minute drive to the casinos, hard rock is across the street. There are also many fast food restaurants near by (yoshinoya, 711, etc).
You get what you pay for, balling on a budget (:

Room Tip: It's not necessary to splurge for the balcony.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple