We missed our flight out on Sunday morning and needed a place to stay in Vegas for one extra night. We were looking for a cheap room, and found that Rumor had great rates, so we booked through Expedia. Called early to see if we could get an early check in- they didn't have any rooms available- disappointing, but not a huge deal.
At check in, front desk seemed a bit distracted and lost but they got us checked in. I understand the preauthorization fee since I've worked in hotels before, but thankfully we were only staying one night- i understand that it's $75 per night!
The clerk upgraded our room, which we were pleasantly surprised by- lovely decor (a bit too dark, though), comfy bed, large jacuzzi tub (although it would be nice to be prompted about the jets that do not work), and patio for my boyfriend who smokes. It was quiet because it's a Sunday, so I have no complaints.
At check out, there was no valet but the front desk clerk was happy to grab us a cab (very quickly, I might add.
All in all, a great value for what we needed. You get a luxury feel for a good price. A few complaints/suggestions:
- No coffee maker in the room?! Thank you for the complimentary water bottles, but if breakfast service doesn't start until 8, I'd like something to get me going before then.
- Security needs A LOT of improvements. No security guards or police around to speak of, no keyed entry to the guest room halls, no keyed entry to the lobby after hours, sliding glass doors on the patio are an easy target for a break-in. Glad we had nothing of the sort, but I can see this being a problem.
- Pool area seemed a little dirty.
I'd stay here again. Great environment and value for the price. Would not recommend for kids, but I would for a couple of adults looking for a getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Formerly St. Tropez, the hotel had become a relic amidst new developments. Today, it is re-imagined as the new RUMOR Hotel. Located where Paradise meets Harmon, directly across the street from the famed Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, the area is now home to some of the best bars, restaurants, nightclubs and gaming in the city. RUMOR embodies a powerful combination: chic, hot location, cool pool, zero attitude, modern rooms and unexpected amenities all in a boutique hotel setting. Featuring 150 suites, many featuring patios or private balconies, the two-story intimate hotel and resort does away with the impersonal casino lobby and instead opts for a cool ultra-lounge welcome with concierge-style check-in. Once checked-in to the room, guests are met with fantastic views of the swaying palms, distinctive wet-deck, the sparkling pool, seductive cabanas and the distinctive grassy knoll featuring both hammocks for the day and a DJ stage for night. While other hotels might have conference centers and ballrooms, RUMOR will use its unbelievable large courtyard and pools for amazing parties, fashion shows, corporate buy-out events and provide the perfect spot for couples wanting weddings with a twist. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Odigeo, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Rumor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St Tropez All Suite Hotel