“Will never stay there again.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Sportsman's Royal Manor
Ranked #234 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
A TripAdvisor Member
Buffalo, NY
Reviewed August 30, 2005

I stayed at the Sportsman's Royal Manor three times only because the weekly rate was cheaper than staying at a casino. What attracted me to the place was the well manicured grounds when I passed the place on previous visits to Las Vegas and them showing me an attractive room near the office that was spotless. But after arriving there for my first stay they tried to give me a room several buildings away from the office. Much to my surprise there wasn’t any linen, towels, a shower curtain, soap or even toilet tissue. After going around and around with them for an hour they finally gave me a room near the office where I felt much safer.

Being in town on business I only stayed there four or five nights a week out of the seven but didn’t have to lug my clothing and business stuff around in a hot trunk. The couch in the room was lumpy and hard to sit on but I managed for the few hours a day I actually spent in the room. The second time I had to wait until around 8 PM to get in the room because it wasn’t cleaned. While I hesitated to stay a third time, it was much cheaper than paying the high rates elsewhere because a major convention was in town. While I’ll give them a 50 – 50 rating for trying to please me in some ways, but I’ll never stay there again no matter what the weekly rate is.

The majority of guest staying there are either looking for work or a place to stay for a few days or weeks. One of the draw backs is that you have to pay extra for towels and bedding and need your own cooking utensils and dishes. The mini suites I stayed in by the office had microwave ovens, refrigerators, electric stoves and kitchen cupboards.

Next door was a convenience store that sold gas and a number of food items with a very friendly staff. Required deposits for keys $10, security deposit $30, pool key $10, TV remote $25.00. Non-refundable $20 cleaning fee for them to clean the room after you leave. Bedding and towel usage for one bedroom units was $25.00 a week, two bedroom units $40.00 a week. Daily maid service $40.00 and $45 a week. Microwave deposit $50 and $5 a week charge.

• Stayed: September 2003, traveled on business
20  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed January 26, 2005

I got in an argument with my roommate and decided to move into a weekly studio here until he moves out. I've been here about four weeks.

The room was really dirty. Hair in the bathtub, a lot of dust, things like that. I brought Lysol wipes and cleaned it up, though. The carpet is nasty. It was wet when I moved in (I think it had just been shampooed) but made my socks yellow and grey. I went to WalMart and bought a rug for my little girl to play on.

You must bring your own linens. They advertise linen service (for a fee) but they told me it wasn't available so I had to go get my own sheets and towels.

On the plus side, you can have pets here. I have my cat with me... it was $100 registration, a $50 deposit and $10 a week extra. They make your pet wear a special tag and take its picture, so no chance of sneaking one in.

I haven't seen but one bug since I've been here (no roaches) so I'm happy about that! The kitchenette is very handy. The pools are nice, as well as the landscaping. There are three chanels of HBO... and the TV comes in well. There is a service station and mini mart on site, and they come in really handy. They advertise "Castle Pizzaria" in neon letters, but it only serves hamburgers and wings (no pizza.) But if you like that sort of food, it's good.

As for the other people that stay here, I get a feeling they're not the best people to be around. I hear a lot of talk about, "So and so is getting out of jail Friday." etc, and they sell plastic butane torches at the cash register... so, look out for crime, be careful if you stay here. I haven't had any problems personally though, other than random phone calls in the middle of the night from undesirable people in other rooms.

• Stayed: January 2005, traveled on business