Santa Fe Station Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Fitness center
View Hotel
JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa(Las Vegas)
  • Pool
All reviewslocal casinomovie theaterfood courtminute drivecocktail servicetable gameshotel and casinooff stripbowlingfreewayshowroomgamblingbingoplayers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We've always stayed at Boulder Station because of the proximity to family. Things have changed so we stayed at the Santa Fe because of the location. Overall, the "friendliness atmosphere" of the employees, was slightly below that of Boulder Station.They do however definitely have more places to eat. The rooms were very quiet and comfortable but the bathrooms need remodeling and enlarging.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Orlando H
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I stayed for 3 days trying to get an extensive project done w/o distractions at my home (local) and somehow managed to pick up TONS of viruses, Trojans, etc - which is VERY irritating when they CHARGE you for "Resort Fees" that include WiFi though when you go to connect you have two options FREE Santa Fe WiFi or FREE Santa Fe Rooms - both state FREE yet YOU PAY! So I'm truly NOT sure what the "resort" fee really covers and THEY should pay to have your NEW laptop CLEANED from all the viruses, spam overload, etc I recd in 3 days on a 1 wk old laptop protected by McAfee-IRRITATING! Second, I am handicapped (Visually apparent) with a service dog and NOT ONE PERSON offered to help me get to my room w/my bags or when I left (I brought my OWN dolly and got it out of the van to use - thankfully I had it in there)-so don't be looking for any Bell Hop or Assistance if you are handicapped or elderly. Walmart will help me and most every other place, but only ONCE (AL in Security) did when I was checking out (clearly NOT his job, but.... he was KIND). I had to walk more than 1/2 the way down the VERY LONG hallway to get to my room; and the Ice, Soda machines are at the elevators - so IF you NEED/WANT anything you have to do that LONG MILE again - PLAN AHEAD! DUMB DESIGN and not convenient for ANYONE staying over. To take the Service Dog out to use the grass was an endeavor, an extensive LONG walk which increased my pain level tremendously/reduced mobility. The employees, Richard & Al in Security, the staff at the Café is fantastic (Charles, Valerie, Camylle, Adrian, etc) went out of their way to HELP ME throughout my stay & my meals! I am local and go to Santa Fe quite often and 90% of the staff is EXTREMELY pleasant - however, management needs to THANK YOU the staff & local and make them feel more valuable as their campaign is "We love locals" yet you would never know it & its been a long time since they showed it. The room is "tolerable" as to shower you might as well be blind, there is ONE light in the bathroom but the shower curtain literally is a black out curtain & you cannot see hardly anything when the shower curtain is shut-so use the liner ONLY and just wipe up the floor-otherwise it is DANGEROUS. It is impossible to shave your legs, etc with such little light. The door literally hits the toilet and you have to shut the door to squeeze around to enter the shower. Someone needs to redesign the restroom and it couldn't be soon enough. When the neighbors use the water next door my plumbing rattled in my room, as did the porcelain top to the toilet tank-so I'm NOT sure what system they have between the walls-but it is NOISY in the bathroom at ALL times IF you have a neighbor. I did see security ONCE on the floor which was re-assuring; although I wish I had seen him when the neighbor two doors down had his music blasting SO loud I had to leave my room-couldn't tolerate it any longer. Overall, nice people and how much time do you spend in your room. So IF you are just going to SLEEP there-its fine-despite the battle with the AC system - either TOO COLD or TOO HOT - in 3 days could not get it just right....a place to stay while attending a convention, wedding, etc- OK. To go away and use it as YOUR "vacation spot" - look elsewhere because Vegas has so much better to offer! The furniture is dated but tolerable and I have seen MUCH worse for MORE money. It overall just depends on your health & age (can you HIKE all the way to your room) - are you thin enough to get around the bathroom and tolerate the DARKNESS in it - bring a LARGE COOLER so you don't have to HIKE all the way down to the ice machine to get ice twice daily (LONG WALK) and be sure to have your laptop loaded with Norton, McAfee and everything possible and then CLEAN it immediately upon leaving the place of the spam, cookies, virus, Trojans, etc you are definitely going to get while there! In the past year, they have removed 1/3rd of the games and took out MANY of the most popular so that took me off the casino floor faster than normal (which is better for me). Payout is better than it has been in the past few years-not like it used to be in 2006/07 - but much better than it has been (the locals call it the donation station) --IF you can get for a good price (and there are a multitude of various prices for the same date depending on where you look-so look around as they are the Master of price changing from what I have seen) - book SMART and spend time to get the lowest because you still have to pay that extra $15/day for the "resort" fees - play a game with the family and see WHO can find the pool the fastest too - I finally saw it after 7 yrs of living here and staying here numerous times - it is NOT convenient to ANY part of the "resort" at all - NO access from the "resort" but only from the exterior parking lot area - strange! But -the employees just need some smiles from those that are there because they are NOT treated that well from Sr. Mgmt at all - but are the nicest people - that is why we go there and spend time - someone has to cheer the staff up and mgmt. doesn't do it at all! Be kind to those around you and it will be returned to you~ enjoy yourself in Las Vegas -

Room Tip: Ask to be placed CLOSEST to the elevators otherwise bring WALKING SHOES because it is one LONG HIKE - the ice and pop machines on each floor are ONLY at the elevators so IF you need ice - prepare yourself for a HIKE! There are NO Bell Hops to help you - I brought my OWN dolly but did see ONE while there for 3 days - NO ONE offered me assistance at all - though handicapped with a service dog! So if handicapped or elderly you may want to reconsider! Check multiple sites as the room can vary by $50 for the same day on different sites-HUGE difference and that is DECEITFUL to customers in my opinion and does not build "trust" - but that's Vegas-always a GAMBLE!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Our golf group got together in Vegas in early March and stayed 4 nights. The casino is nice and the staff is friendly. It's a long ways from the Strip or even downtown which didn't bother us, as the restaurants in the hotel were very good. The rooms were clean and quite, but need some updating, as the bathrooms were very small. All in all, we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Arrived in Las Vegas late on Monday, March 31, 2014, after leaving Carson City/Gardnerville at 9:00 a.m. Receptionist/Front Desk Clerk "Tammy" was very nice but she indicated that there were no $29.99 rooms available (at least three billboards prominently displayed on US95 with this price); despite the parking lot being only 25% full. I was told that room 502 would cost $89.99 and that amenity tax would take the total up to approximately $115.00. My debit card was charged well over $200.00, the additional $100.00 apparently being for some kind of deposit. Why would I be charged a deposit when I'm paying cash? I have been to many hotels but I have never encountered this situation before. By the way, I'm not sure if Tammy was new, but no mention was made of the deposit at the time the room was booked!

While the room was nice, the ADA bathroom was not very clean. Hand towels were covered with make-up and there were stains on the bathroom mat. No shower cap was provided. Keeping in mind that this was an ADA bathroom, the shower was terrible. the shower curtain was floor to ceiling and made of extremely dark material. If closed completely, you literally could not see. It was like trying to shower in a closet! Also, there were no shelves for the soap or the shampoo. Lastly, the adjustable shower spray was so high (over 6 feet high) that my wife could not reach it, even standing up.

We had stayed at the Carson Valley Inn and the Topaz Lodge earlier in the week and we paid less, had better food, and we were treated like family. Staying at Santa Fe Station Hotel was like the opposite end of the spectrum.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel! Drive the few extra miles to the strip.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Michael A
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I'm not sure exactly where some of the previous posts stayed, but, I can tell you that we had nothing short of a GREAT experience staying at this property during the first 5 days of March Madness. Granted, it was myself and a buddy and we were there almost exclusively to bet and watch college basketball, but the hotel is the perfect locale for that. Having lived on the NW side of town until 2002, I was very familiar with this hotel-casino. The sports book is outstanding. Our room was clean and comfortable, (although I admit it could have had at least a small refrigerator). There was no hint whatsoever of the "smoke smell" that so many of the other posts alluded to. We did stay on the 5th floor which is a totally 'smoke-free' floor. The food in the buffet and restaurants was excellent and VERY inexpensive. A perfect property away from the strip madness for what we wanted, yet, a very short drive to the strip or downtown when we wanted to go. For $39/night, (base rate for the room, but as with every hotel in town, there are some extra charges for 'hotel conveniences'). Our total bill for 5 night stay was $296.00. An absolutely GREAT deal. For a few or a bunch of folks going there for the reasons we did, we couldn't have asked for a better property.

Room Tip: The front desk told us that there are only 25 rooms that are now 'smoking' rooms, but, to insure the 'non-smoking' preferences of most, ask for a room on the 5th floor. That entire floor is 'non-smoking'.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends