Santa Fe Station Hotel
Trump International Hotel Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$138
Aria.com
$179
Bellagio.com
  • Restaurant
Treasure Island - TI Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$87
$138
$135
  • Pool
Signature at MGM Grand(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$410
$189
SignatureMGMGrand
  • Restaurant
MGM Grand Hotel and Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$189
MGMGrand.com
$20
  • Pool
All reviewslocal casinomovie theaterfood courtminute drivecocktail servicetable gameshotel and casinooff stripbowlingfreewayshowroomgamblingbingoplayers
Reviewed March 22, 2014

On our last night of our trip we stayed here since the Strip's prices were way too high and I have a friend who lives in the area. It's a nice, quieter place away from the Strip. The room was comfortable and the bed was decent. The bathroom was a little too small and hard to get in and out of with the door. The casino was nice though. We don't normally gamble, but my friend got us to play $1 Keno and we had a blast. There's also plenty of attached restaurants and a food court along with a night club if you're into that sort of thing. If you're looking for a place away from the craziness of the Strip, this is a good place to go.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I stayed at Santa Fe for a week with my wife and infant daughter. We had read a lot of negative reviews about this hotel and were concerned about the room and casino being smoky and the room being unclean and in poor repair. Our experience was completely different. We travel to LV regularly and have stayed in many hotels and this was one of the nicest ones within this price range. Our room was clean, comfortable, and spacious. We had plenty of room to navigate with the stroller. All of our requests were met within a timely manner (refrigerator, extra towels, assistance with the closed captioning on the TV, extended checkout). The staff were professional and pleasant. We had low expectations for the buffet, but it worked very well for us. We ate there daily and were impressed with the options to eat healthful food while on vacation. My wife, who is vegetarian, had no problem finding plenty of food and praised the availability of fresh fruit, steamed vegetables, and vegetarian protein sources. The casino did not seem smokier than any other LV casino. We appreciated that there were two family restrooms in the casino, one near the buffet and one near the registration, which made it easy to change the baby when we were on the main floor. We had a mountain view from our room. The hotel is located within a 5 minute drive from groceries, TJ Maxx, Dollar Tree, and Lowe's, so really just about everything you need. We did not have a chance to see the movies or use the bowling alley at the hotel, but it was nice to know they were there. All in all, a good family hotel.

Room Tip: We liked being near the elevators. Request a room with a mountain view, but be prepared that you may be looking over the roof/maintenance area as well.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 22, 2014

My wife and I stayed in room 317 last night. I called and asked at the Hotel if there would be a charge for internet service. The person who at the Hotel assured me, who spoke very poor English, there would be no charge. At check in time the clerk said every room is charged a $14.55 with tax amenity tax, no exceptions. When I got to the room not one of our four electronic devices would connect to the Hotels server. I spent 30 minutes on the phone with the Hotel IT person but I finally gave up and did without internet service. No coffee in the room. Avoid this Hotel.
Santa Fe Station and all of there properties should just add the fee to the room rate not add it on later and make it a surprise. My wife and I will never stay at any of these properties again. It is also 12 miles from the LV strip. I am sure there at cheaper alternatives closer to the strip.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Douglas P
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Santa Fe Station was the closest casino to my home when I lived in Las Vegas. We often went to the movies, buffet, and sports book here. At first I didn't want to stay here because of that - It's my old neighborhood. But overall, I was very pleased with my stay. The coupon book is excellent, my room was nice and quiet and clean, and we actually had a distant view of the Strip :) I forgot how smoky the casino floor is. I felt, and know, that I smelled like a casino. But, that's the case at all of them. We enjoyed the convenience this hotel offers regarding access to the freeway. It will take you about 20 minutes to get to the Strip when there is no traffic. It's also super easy to get downtown, which was a major highlight of my trip. Also close by is Retro Bakery, so if you like cupcakes and you are staying here, you MUST GO. It is worth the effort. And, consider driving up to Mt. Charleston to hike. You are halfway there and it's so beautiful up there. Loved BINGO. We went to the 9:00 am session, and it was pretty amusing.
Hospitality was wonderful. I, as other reviewers have noted, was confused by the wifi thing. They say it's complimentary but when you try to retrieve it, it says there is a charge. Pretty sneaky. I just gave up. As a guest, you shouldn't have to ask for refund on something.
Great stay. I love Las Vegas. It has half of my heart.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Groupeventplanner
Reviewed February 11, 2014

...by the low rate offered online. it really doesn't include the taxes and resort fees. so that cheap room I booked for $21 really was more like $40. and the wifi that was 'included in the resort fee' was 5.99. when I inquired about this the next morning, I was told it would have been reversed. I could have worked that night... it was centrally located in the northwest community, food nearby. the hotel was smoky and the rooms a little smelly. it was quiet on the Tuesday night I was there. would I stay again, probably, going in knowing what i'm getting is best.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo