“Best bed ever!”

ARIA Resort & Casino
Ranked #16 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed November 3, 2010

Just stayed at Aria - this bed was the best I have ever experienced. It was a softer mattress, which I prefer and the pillows were perfect - I think maybe they were memory foam?

Staff was incredibly friendly and helpful and the rooms are gorgeous. I love being able to customize all the controls and wish I could have stayed there longer to enjoy everything.

Only downsides for me were the weird shower/soaker tub combo - the tile was really slick and its just odd to have that in one enclosed space. And all the glasses in the room were really dirty. But those were both really minor - especially b/c the bed more than made up for it!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed November 3, 2010

In my opinion this hotel exemplifies all that is wrong with modern Las Vegas. The hotel is so big that even high end customers feel lost in the flow. Technically it is exceptional. Decent food, world class casino, new rooms and a Cirque show. But it lacks heart.

The dealers are apathetic, the front desk people seem overworked and short. I was ticked that even though my suite was prepaid by my company the hotel took almost $7000 in authorizations on my credit card durning my 10 day stay, regardless of the fact that I never actually billed anything to my room.

The people running the place had no idea what was going on in the area. I hate to know that I probably have a better functional understanding of the area then they do. The bartenders were lackluster and overall I was underwhelmed.

The suite was lovely, but I like Vdara more. The bathroom was large and had a nice view of the strip. But at $450 per night, it was overpriced for what you got.

The worst thing about the hotel is that it competes with other MGM properties. They poach guests from Mirage and Bellagio, but are not nearly high end enough to take away Wynn loyal patrons.

There are better places for the money.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank roadwarrior2010_10
Reviewed November 2, 2010

OMG this place is AMAZING (don't know where the negative reviewers were staying - must have been confused with somewhere else!!) Aria is the newest on the Strip and it looks great. The rooms are HUGE, modern and the bed is the best ever!! We stayed for 8 nights and can't wait to go back there! Check in and check out very quick and efficient and we were offered express check out. It is only 3-4 mins walk from the strip (no different from the Bellagio and Caesars!) The rooms are sooooo much better than Bellagio - more modern and larger! Dble sinks in bathroom and great shower cubicle. Tram great between Aria and Bellagio. Hotel seems smoke free (even though it isn't) I cant wait to go back here...would definitely recommend without hesitation
The best place we have ever stayed at and we have travelled the world!!

1  Thank irishkiwi1
Reviewed November 2, 2010

Traveled to Las Vegas on a vacation with my wife at the end of October this year, and chose the Aria as our hotel for a few reasons -- Location is central on the strip, it is a new, modern hotel, and it is green certified. As a plus we were able to get an excellent rate through my wife as she is a travel agent and is "in the know".

Upon arrival we were more than impressed. The lobby area is amazing beautiful, and the scent of vanilla that gets pumped into the lobby is great (if a little TOO strong). It was so nice to come back to the hotel after a long day sight-seeing and not be inundated with a "theme" as so many of the other hotels have.

The room couldn't have been nicer. We were placed on the fourth floor of the hotel, a non-smoking floor, and were pleased with the cleanliness of it. It would have been great to be higher up to have a better view, and our "mountain view" could have been a bit more "mountainous", but that's what you get on the fourth floor. Next time I'll go for the "pool view" option.

The room itself had a massive bathroom, double sink and low-flow toilet, as well as walk in shower and tub combo which was more than big enough for two. A nice touch was that after a day of wandering about the room attendants had placed all our toiletries on little "placemats" so as to keep them off the marble tops. Impressive!

The bed was great, if a little soft, and the pillows were perfect. We considered purchasing two for our own bedroom back home! Each time the room attendants came and cleaned the room we came home to an absolutely spotless new room!

We only sampled the buffet once, for breakfast, and were very impressed. At $14.95/person we thought it to be very reasonable. The pool area was very nice as well, although we just passed through and didn't have a chance to sample the supposed "death ray"...?

The concierge staff were great, and they helped us arrange to renew our vows Vegas style. Remember to tip your concierge! We valeted our car, and were happy if not blown away by the service. Again, tip your valets!

We aren't gamblers, but it was fun to watch others and walk in and around the various tables. We didn't find the casino too smokey, but it was apparent.

Over-all, if we ever go back to the madness of Las Vegas, we will definitely stay here. It's a wonderful little oasis away from the more traditional craziness of the city.

1  Thank Adam_at_hello
Reviewed November 2, 2010

Aria Las Vegas. A young hotel, for sure, but an innovative one as well. This hotel combines classic luxury traveling with new guestroom technology as well. I came here for a leisure trip, and I would come back here anyday.

Rooms: This might be one of the best aspects of the hotel. I stayed in a Deluxe room, and I have to say I didn't have most of the problems people have been complaining about (unclean rooms, etc.) The room itself was very lavishly decorated with nice furniture, decor, and such. But something interesting happened. When I walked into the room, the lights came on, the curtains opened automatically, and the TV turned on to a screen where you could set your preferences for the room. However, this wasn't a one-time experience. The entire room is automated, the curtains, the lighting, the temperature, even the privacy sign! This can all be controlled by a small, bedside control panel, and I have to say that this made the trip a lot more convenient.

Amenties: This hotel has some great amenties. Not only does it feature a wide variety of restaurants, some being an American Fish restaurant, a breakfast buffet, and an Italian restaurant, just to name a few. The Pool was great. Everyone knows Las Vegas is a hot place, and the pool is a great way to cool down. Not only that, but there is an exclusive adult-only pool that opens up only at night, and it's pretty nice. There's also a cirque-du-soleil show featured at the hotel, but I've never been really into that.

Service: This is my one complaint about the hotel, and it's the one thing keeping me from giving it 5 stars. The service is downright atrocious. I live in LA, and I decided to drive to Vegas to save money on airfare. We get to the hotel at two in the morning, the family's tired, and I walk up to the check-in desk hoping for a quick check in. I got the complete opposite. I had ordered two rooms, on a non-smoking floor, one room with a king-size bed and another with two queen-size beds. However, what I got was 2 rooms on a smoking floor, both rooms with king-size beds. I have a real problem with smoking, so I ended up spending over an hour negotiating with the front desk about getting a better room. I had to wait until next afternoon to get the room I wished for. However, this is the only problem I had with this hotel, and I'm sure since it's a young hotel (it was opened in December '09, and I visited June '10), it's still working out the problems in the management.

This was one of my best stays in Vegas. Despite the terrible service, the rooms were great, the food was excellent, and my family had a great time. If you're going to vegas anytime soon, I suggest giving this place a try.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank ddavtyan
Reviewed November 2, 2010

Great rooms, great food (kinda expensive food) service was awesome and i have nothing bad to say about Aria. We would absolutely go there again!!

Reviewed November 2, 2010

Just came back from spending a week at Aria. We were very pleased. The hotel is modern and beautiful.

Check in went quickly. We had arrived several hours before the official check in time and there were no nonsmoking rooms available. We wanted to settle in right away so we took smoking rooms and they were fine, not smoky at all. The rooms were very comfortable. Housekeeping did a fine job all week. The hi-tech controller was pretty easy to operate and controlled the drapes, tv, lights. I have more trouble working my phone. The conectivity panel for the tv has connections for HDMI, S video, composite, ethernet, USB, and two electric outlets. The in room safe is big enough for a laptop but is fairly shallow. This was possibly the nicest hotel room I had ever stayed in. The hotel is big but we learned our way around within a day.

We had a rental car; the location was good for us. Easy access from the highway via Flamingo. The hotel is situated on the Strip (LV Blvd) between Flamingo and Tropicana and we had no problem getting in and out. Currently, construction at the nearby Cosmopolitan has the sidewalk closed off. You can detour across the street via the pedestrian bridge. When leaving Aria headed for north on the Strip, you can also cut through Vdara and Bellagio. No matter what, be prepared to walk. People with mobility issues will have no problems within the hotel itself (other than the fact that the place is huge), but the surrounding complex might be tricky. There are stairs, but also escalators and elevators. The tram is most helpful when going between Bellagio and Monte Carlo.

We had breakfast in the buffet almost every day. We liked it. We also went to Bellagio's buffet and Vdara's Silk Road for breakfast, both were very good also. The Todd English pub in Crystals was great for dinner. The Viva Elvis show was better than expected. I had seen bits of it on TV but it was much better live. A real crowd pleaser too, our audience gave it a standing ovation.

I would gladly stay here again and would recommend Aria to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends