“never wanted to leave”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
torrance,ca
“never wanted to leave”
Reviewed June 19, 2010

I got a great "summer special" at the Aria, which consisted of a room, 2 free buffets, and $50 in freeplay because I have an MGM players club card. Loved all aspects of the hotel, and the buffet was wonderful. Great beds and quiet hallways. The pool has nice quiet music and mellow people, not like the MGM Grand.
Another nice thing was that they let me check in before noon.
I will definitely come back if they continue to offer deals to players club members!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank W.O.F.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,393)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 19, 2010

Aria was the best hotel I had ever stayed. From the moment we arrived we were greeted by a guest service gentleman. He opened our taxi door welcomed us to the hotel then took our luggage and told us that someone would bring them to our room after we checked in. He then directed us to the lobby to check in. As we entered the main lobby we were amazed. the hotel was beautifully designed from the The floors, carpet, and decor. What a magnificent array of artistic work. No waiting in line! Asked for a strip view they upgraded us to a city view NO Charge! Beautiful site view from the the 35th floor in our deluxe room. although, I thought room could have been more roomier. The buffet restaurant was above and beyond. You're going to love the selection and the food tasted GREAT!!!! Jean Phillippe pastries outstanding. Had the chocolate crepe. The pool looked like a tropical paradise. Great location!!!! Across the street alot of bargain shops. Be sure to check out the Tram. It takes you from Aria to Bellagio, Monte Carlo and Crystals for, FREEEE! Casino was a site to see. no luck on slots for me. Loved the security check to enter the elevators to your room. I can't say enough about this place. Must see for yourself. I will return for another visit soon. Our stay Jun 15-18, 2010

• Stayed June 2010
Maspeth NY
Reviewed June 19, 2010

Rooms at Aria, we had standard rooms and I found the room to be a little on the small side. Beds are very comfy. Housekeeping was excellent. The techie stuff is nice, if you have a need for it, but I can just as well touch the on/off button for the light and the open/shut drapery button when I need it, I don’t know, maybe if the room was huge like a couple of suites I’ve stayed in at the Mirage/Bellagio/Palazzo, then you might need to set up lighting, etc. But, hello, reach out and touch the button, it’s only 6” away when you enter. Most annoying, to me, is the blue and green lights they have on all of the switches in the room, to let you know where the switch is, you can’t make them go out! It was like being on an airport runway, you shut everything and they are beaming, I like it very dark, not going to happen in those rooms. The rooms are also lacking outlets. B needed a fridge for her insulin and they just dropped it in the middle of her room when she was gone, did not plug it in and for good reason, because the only outlet was somewhere behind the desk. But, they do have an assortment of plug-in chargers on the desk for your laptop, ipod, blackberry and whatever other device you travel with right on top of the desk. Bathroom sink could use a little more counter space – two sinks with little space to put all, in my case, necessities, but I managed. Understandably, it is eco friendly, hence the no pressure on the shower, okay, I managed that too. For those interested, the AC in the room was just adequate, which I found to be about the same for the whole hotel, again, you know, save energy, can’t say more, and wouldn’t want to upset those crusading environmentalists. But, this is Vegas and it is known for its excesses, but you know, must adapt.

The casino is not brightly lit, but i didn't mind it. i just wish the machines paid out just a little! Very nice pool area, music is at a level you can relax with, why go to the pool to relax and then have music blaring?

It's not that inconvenient as far as walking – considering how far you have to walk in the Bellagio from the guest elevators through the casino, through the shopping area and across one of the bridges – that can be a hike and I walk everyday 3-4 miles for exercise. I should have ventured from the gambling sooner but it took me 2 days before I ventured to find Crystals (walkway is on the left side facing the check in desk) which is really a relocated Madison Avenue shopping center, and you either go right or left and come out on one end or the other of the complex on the strip – I went to the right and couldn’t believe how quickly I got to the strip and the monte carlo was up the block.

I would rate it right up there with the Bellagio/wynn/venetian – all excellent properties. I just wanted to try out the new guy.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis
Reviewed June 18, 2010

All I can say is WOW! This resort is unbelievable! The location is great, centrally located on the Strip between The Bellagio and Monte Carlo. The rooms are fantastic, large and bright with full floor to ceiling windows. The bed was very comfortable and the room itself was spacious, the bathroom was really nice--double sinks, deep soaking tub with seperate shower. The entire room including the lights, curtains, TV, room temperature was controlled by a large touch screen panel, which you can customize to your own personal settings---a little intimidating to program at first but was fun to play with!

I stayed at the resort for a large multi-day conference and the conference center and catering was also very good. Didn't have a ton of down time so I didn't get to play in the pool but did sit out in between sessions and it was very nice, large area with several pools.

Connected is the new City Centre/Crystals mall which has all the high end stores and shopping you could want. Great restaurants also, ate at Mastro's Ocean Club and the filet was butter knife tender and melt in your mouth delicious!

You will NOT be disappointed if you stay here!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank jworm23
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed June 18, 2010

Casino new and full of smoke, dark and you have to walk and walk to get anywhere. The rooms small for the two beds choice. Dark hallways going on and on to finally reach your room. The pools are ok but they are only opened till 8pm and by 7 pm are telling you that they are closing. In the desert it is best either real early or late and this is not a choice in this hotel when it comes to the pools. The doors to the handicapped do not fully open and it is not friendly for disable people. Food too expensive and not very good.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
7 Thank toniecal
Montreal
Reviewed June 18, 2010

We've stayed for four days in it was just wonderful. It took five minutes to check-in. I called because we had a minor problem with the in-room safe: 5 minutes later somebody was there to fix -it. The rooms our spacious and so is the bathroom. A remote control is all you need to manage all the electronic and electric features. Don't worry: you can also operate them the old fashion way: with the switches on the walls. The pool area is very nice. A must see with the City Complex and adjoining towers.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
oakville, Canada
Reviewed June 18, 2010

I was not going to write a review but last night I saw a article on TA about the managers reading the reviews and making changes to Aria. One of the things they are going to change is the buffet and we LOVED the buffet and had eaten at Wynn's buffet the night before and Aria's was so much better. Also no line up to get in and not squashed beside the next table. Great crab legs and everything fresh. The only complaint was they were short of table servers and the older gentleman who was looking after our table was run ragged he had such a big area to cover. This is not a complaint against him he busy the whole time but felt it was very unfair of management not to have sufficient wait staff. He had to take abuse from customers who insisted on immediate service and I felt sorry for him. The night we were there you could have lobster if you paid extra and the lobster was so small it was not worth the time to cook it. Lesson learned...do not bother with the lobster but everything else was so good.

The hotel was just beautiful. I am not big on modern design but this hotel was great. We had a comp'd room in a tower suit and it was just so nice. Prior to staying at Aria we were comp'd three nights at the Palazzo so I had a good reference point for comparison. I thought Aria was superior. I just loved the seperate bedroom with the floor to ceiling windows right beside the bed. The bathroom was beautiful and loved the frosted sliding doors to the bathroom. The layout of the bathroom is different from the discription I have read about the regular rooms. The little extras made the experience so much better. A small box of toothpaste and toothbrush, a box with a shaver plus all the usual stuff. The bed was so comfortable we contacted Seally when we got back to Canada to see where we could purchase a mattress like it. Another bonus about the suit was the fridge it the bar area. It had it's own ice making machine so we did not have to go in search of ice....Just loved this hotel room.

We thought Crystals was great, it was like walking inside of a actual work of art. I never had a problem walking around with out a place to sit. I always find the walk from Encore to Wynn a long haul and have had to stopp numerous times because if have a problem with my hip.

When we arrived there were not a lot of people waiting to be served and there was a host who assisted us to the next available registration clerk so check in was efficient. Our room was not ready and this is the first time in all the years we have been coming to Vegas that we could not get in our room early but this is only a compent not a complaint.
After we registered we asked the host if there was someplace we could pick up our room key with out standing in line again and he said we just had to come to him and tell him and he would get us in the next available line.

Restraunts.....the 24 hour cafe (can not remember the name) was good for breakfast but were not impressed with lunch or supper.

Staff....all the staff with one exception were very friendly and helpful. The man at the players booth was kind of condesending. I had trouble getting my free play to work and it was a long walk from my slot machine back to the players desk to get it fixed and he seemed annoyed with me but everyone has bad days. The players desk was sufficiently staffed and the casino wait staff were excellent and never had to wait for a drink. I was looking for a particular slot machine and asked a staff member and he walked me right to the machine which I thought was great.

OK so now I will tell you why I will not return to Aria. I love to play the slots which is why we get our rooms comp'd. I will play for hours on penny machines which are around $3.50 a pull for max bet. I did not like the set up of the slot machines. They do not give you the option of picking the number of line you want to play or how much you want to bet per line. Instead its bet 50 or 100 or 150 ect. I like to be in control of my betting and be able to change the number of line and value of the bet if I feel the machine is to tight or in a winning mode. I really hated this new way of betting and gambling is a big part of my Vegas vacation. I play were i stay so the casino needs to meet my gambling requirements and this casino does not. I did not mind the darkness of the casino and even liked the darkness but gambling experience was not good so I will return to Palazzo for future visits.

I also loved the pool area, lots of room and did not seem to have the loud drunken party type of guests.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple