“Sophisticated Hotel”

ARIA Resort & Casino
Ranked #18 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed February 22, 2010

Spent a night at the Aria in Las Vegas and it did not fail to impress. State of the art hotel...all controls are computerized. The bed is one of the softest we've ever slept on. Staff are nice and accomodating.

Reviewed February 22, 2010

Pros:
1. new
2. central location on the strip
3. high tech room
4. eco-friendly construction
5. nice bathroom (nice tub & two sinks), eco friendly low flow shower heads and toilet.
6. food was very good in all the restaurants
7. nice view from our room
8. they allowed us to check out one hour later w/o problems
Cons:
1. Housekeeping stinks - a staff member knocked and walked into our room two times while our privacy light was on, they did not replace our towels properly (the sign said they would not take away towels that were not on the floor to save water but they did it anyway and forgot to replace them all leaving us short face towels or hand towels on occasion), glasses/ toiletries were not properly replenished; & finally they threw souvenir glasses away but let our other fast food cups sit in the same spot for two days (not that we wanted to keep the souvenirs but some ppl like those souvenir cups mine was a yard long Eiffel tower!),
2. not completely eco friendly w/ all the technology, no recycling, did not really seem to enforce vip parking for low emission/fuel efficient vehicles in the parking garage &, too many phones (3 one of which was cordless & we were not even in a large suite!)
3. no coffee maker
4. refrigerator was filled w/ mini bar items & no room for your own items
5. $35 per day per person to use the fitness facilities
6. although the view was nice, the windows were very dirty so it was distracting - a little nicer to have the sheer drapes mask the dirty windows
7. when the room adjacent to us was occupied we could hear them talking
8. bed is too soft
9. always a wait on the phone to talk to front desk
10. checking into the hotel was not that easy - nobody to help w/ bag and the doors did not automatically open & you have to navigate through the large casino to get to the check in area and then the guest elevators (we had to ask for directions to get to the elevators rather than automatically being directed to them by the person who checked us in)

1  Thank kvesq
Reviewed February 22, 2010

We have stayed with Aria's sister property, Bellagio before, and dropped over $100,000 our last trip there last year. So we decided on a whim to try out the newest hotel on the strip: Aria. Words fail to describe just how bad our experience was. Everything went wrong straight away; from the limo service to the hotel to the check in experience. The suite was nothing spectacular...but that's not really the point of my review. More importantly, it's that I was actually yelled at by one of their staff members. This was while I was searching for the ladies room, and didn't understand exactly where it was...it was confusing due to the fact that it's joined all within the same entry as the men's room and the companion restroom. I have multiple sclerosis, which is a disease of the central nervous system; this can cause me to have great confusion at times. Which lead to the employee of this hotel to YELL REPEATABLY at me, and to even go so far as to point me out to OTHER GUESTS, and make a very snide comment about me. My husband immediately went to speak with the hotel management about this employee, and they were allegedly "flabbergasted" at the employee's behavior. But then the management never bothered to do much more than to apologize to my husband for me. They never made a point to walk over to me to apologize to me personally. Furthermore, there is absolutely nowhere to sit in the casino, unless you spend money in a restaurant or at a slot machine. Doing these things is fine...but what about when you just want to take a break, and want to sit and relax without spending money for a few moments??? Sure, there is some granite benches (very few) located in the main lobby. But that's it. If you have a disability such as I do, you are just out of luck. It's a complete seperation of healthy people and people with disabilities. After thinking the experience over, my husband and I are strongly looking into a lawsuit against this hotel. We feel that no one should ever be yelled at by a hotel employee...especially not us, considering we have spent between Bellagio and Aria dollars well into the 6 figure range. Besides, it's important that this hotel management recognizes the importance of it's employees being instructed by their human resources department some sensativity training in regards to the Americans With Disabilities Act.

7  Thank Mzmink
Reviewed February 22, 2010

The architecture was stunning and I liked the poker room, but

- there was a 45 min check-in
- the room was dirty and had to be switched
- the keys didn't work even after many trips to the front desk and visits from the manager and facilities/security
- the player card I got in the poker room didn't work at the slots
- Haze was ghetto with $18 drinks
- express check-out didn't work
- the pool opened on Saturday but it took 45 min to bring food because there was no silverware

Like dating an unstable, bipolar model who is not on his/her meds... ...Aria is a hot mess. She's a one night stand and nothing more. I am returning to Vegas next month and I am not allowing my group to stay at Aria as originally planned. Friends don't let friends... ...walk into the same disaster.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank stayfunny
Reviewed February 22, 2010

We decided to stay at the Aria because it looked very nice and we figured it would be a different experience. From the begining it was different. It took over 30 mins to check in (doesn't included standing in line). It also took over an hour to get our luggage from the bell desk (spent 35 mins on hold). The room was neat to walk into because of technology reasons. When we got to the room the trash was not dumped and being in a smoking room seems like ash trays would have been there but there wasn't any. Finding the room was a hassle. Took 10 mins to get to the room from the elevator. Once we finally got our luggage and got ready to go out to the strip, it took over an hour to get out there. We did get $50 dollar comp for the mishabs so we ate at the buffet. It had a large selection but the food wasn't worth the price...thank God we used our comp. We decided to check out after one night and had a blast down on fremont street. This hotel is more for the people who want to spend time in the room or around the hotel. Since I'm young I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who wants to drink on the strip. However my mother checked out and said she wouldn't recommend either.

Reviewed February 22, 2010

I just spent Valentine's weekend at the new Aria Hotel and Casino. I have been keenly watching the construction of this facility for a few years now and I am glad to say that this hotel lived up to the hype. Beautiful state of the art rooms, wonderful decor throughout the entire hotel and excellent service.
We had an amazing Valentine's dinner at Sirio's in Aria. Best Italian Food Experience Ever!!!! My girlfriend had the gnocchi and I had the lasagna for entrees. I'm not much of a wine connoisseur but their wine list was huge. We were going to go with the 1986 Italian Red for $17,500 but decided on the Cabernet by the glass for $20. :) Also ate at the Buffet at Aria and Skybox Sports Bar and Grill.
Casino was great. Dealers and Pit Bosses were very friendly. Waitresses were serving you very promptly when gambling.
I did well at the tables so before we went out on the town for Valentine's, I treated myself to a Sportsman's Grooming Shave with Brian at the Spa. He has created a great old school barber shop right in the middle of this modern hotel. Highly recommend the shave boys!
If I had to have one knock on Aria it was this: We paid to upgrade our room for one with a better view. I was shocked to find that the outside of the windows were filthy. It was impossible to take a decent picture with the windows in this conditions. But I'll chalk it up to construction dust. Hopefully they will remedy this situation.
Great experience at Aria and I highly recommend it.

Reviewed February 22, 2010

My bf and I stayed here last week, and we were definetly impressed. Check in was a little long but worth it. Upon entering your room the curtains open, the tv comes on with relaxing music, and the lights come on. Talk about technology. Everything about the room was impressive. The bathroom was awesome as well with a tub and seperate shower. This was the cleanest room I have ever experienced. There are alot of snooty people in here. The slots are also for the high spenders. I did not noticed too many people gambling here. I lost a few hundred in about five minutes on the slots. That is not fun for me. I went over to Excalibur and a great time for hours and hours. I highly recommed this hotel if you are looking for luxury, but gambling is not desired for me here. The staff is also snooty I did not find one friendly staff member. I felt like they were robots. It also seems like they have a preference to hiring asains.

1  Thank theresa1970