“Beautiful new hotel with awesome technology.”

ARIA Resort & Casino
Ranked #14 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Carmel, Indiana
“Beautiful new hotel with awesome technology.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2010

This hotel had very few cons. It is beautiful and inviting, and the rooms are impeccable. I was nervous about my stay because of some other reviews I read, but you should not be hesitant. The technology in the room is not difficult to figure out at all if you've ever used a cell phone, Ipod, home theater system, etc. (which most of us have). And when all else fails, read the directions that are in the room!

All of the dining is very pricey, and we did not enjoy most of the food. The only good dinner we had was at Union, which is a pricey steak house. Pass the buffet and go back to the Mirage, because the buffet at Aria is terrible. My husband about died when he realized my margarita at the bar was $12!

The spa was absolutely amazing, and the fitness center was great. They have plenty of machines and bring you chilled towels as you work out. I was disappointed to find out that Pilates and Yoga were not yet offered (even though it was advertised on the website), but they promised that they are working on getting the contracts signed so they can begin to offer this service.

I had a facial and a massage at the spa. Their spa accommodations are beautiful! They have a steam room, cedar room, salt room, whirlpools, and a co-ed pool out on the balcony that is private for the spa patrons only.

All in all, if you want a clean, beautiful hotel, then stay at Aria. I promise that you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank tiffrun

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,293)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Charlotte
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2010

We just returned from 5 days at the Aria and it was EXCELLENT!!!
Every staff person we came in contact with was very helpful and courteous.
The concierge was very helpful and got us great tickets to shows.
Rooms are beautiful and clean and the technology fun!!!
When word gets out about the Aria, its gonna be hard to get a room there!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2010

My husband and I stayed here from Feb 5th through the 8th and had an amazing time. I was so worried about staying here after reading all the bad reviews, we even tried to change hotels at the last minute. So glad we didn't, this new hotel/casino has to be seen to be believed. Check in was extremely fast, no problems. Room was ready upon arrival and we upgraded to a strip view for $15 a night. Worth every penny. The room was the nicest I have ever been in. The remote that everyone complains about worked perfectly and it was the coolest thing ever. We ate breakfast at the cafe Vettro 2 days and it was spectacular (yummy eggs benedict). Our waitress Esther was awesome, she actually had our cream warmed up for our coffee before she brought it to us, it made the coffee so creamy and smooth, we loved it. The place was spotless, people were constantly cleaning and shining everything and all the artwork everywhere was so interesting. There is nothing to complain about as far as I am concerned. The casino was HUGE and they had all kinds of fun machines to play. The tram to Bellagio and Monte Carlo was quite convenient and nice. All in all, a super place to stay and we will be returning as soon as we make some more money!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sox04
new york, ny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2010

Stayed at the Aria hotel for three nights late January into February and absolutely loved it. I've been to Vegas a few times before, have stayed at the Luxor, New York New York, MGM Grand, and Bellagio and Aria is probably my favorite of all of them.

Why? Well a few things come to mind...First it's more of a low key place. Some may say this is a downer but not for me. I like going out to see shows and have a crazy time as much as the next guy, but it's kind of nice to come back to a hotel that's just plain comfortable and classy.

Second, the casino is easily my favorite in all of Vegas already. For some of the same reasons...not all crazy with people going berserk everywhere. Maybe it was a fluke, but my time in the Aria casino was fun and people seemed to be actually enjoying themselves...not being either depressed from losing or obnoxious. Again, your experience at the hotel may vary.

Third, the rooms are great. Big standard rooms with an entire wall being a floor to ceiling window. I was even in the back facing a construction site and didn't really mind it. Room tech is cool and not really that hard to use. I can see my parents having a problem with it but anyone who uses an ipod should be able to handle it easily. One downer: the ipod connection in the entertainment area requires some weird wire that you probably don't have, or didn't think to bring.

However the "connectivity console" or whatever it's called is pretty cool. Two USB connections for charging a camera or iphone or whatever. Some power outlets also and even a video input if you want to use the HDTV for something. Internet is about $15/day which is a downer but I suppose it's not too bad.

I guess the hotel is on the expensive side (my room was comped so can't comment on that)...the restaurants are pretty high end. I've heard the tapas restaurant is very good. I personally only ate at the buffet for lunch and at Jean Phillippe for morning pastry and sandwiches. Both great and both reasonably priced as far as I'm concerned. I should point out that I'm from NYC where everything is "expensive" compared to most areas.

I've also heard that there are great deals on room at the Aria if you look around. Vegas is dead these days and the Aria in particular seems pretty slow.

Summing it up: Great hotel, slightly expensive. I suppose if it's your first time in Vegas you should go ahead and stay at the Bellagio or one of the more themed hotels to have that experience. Others that just want a good quality high end hotel in Vegas should seriously consider Aria.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
7 Thank cubbiesx
milwaukee, wi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2010

My wife and I stayed here for 1 night last week due to a great rate. Its a very nice hotel. Drink service was good. The room was very nice, well appointed.

Pros: Room rate, drink service, room comfort

Cons: Casino is a little odd, decent game selection but it was just odd. Staff: The check in person was not very bright, I asked her what resturants were still open(it was about 10pm on a friday night when we checked in) and she had no idea and wasnt able to find out) . Then we asked the slot club person when check out was as our chick in lady didnt tell us, and she told us 11am, then in the morning I called to double check, and they told us it was 12. Nothing major but just odd that everyone didnt know the basics.

Food: Only ate at Cafe Vetio(sp?) as we had to use a food credit asap. We got the buffalo wings( maybe the worst wings i have ever had in my life, just terrible). My wife and I both had burgers, they were good, but definitly overpriced at about 20 bucks for a cheeseburger.

Overall: This is not the Wynn or Encore, but it is price accordingly. They seem to agree they are a 4 star hotel and as long as they dont pretend they are 5 star this place will be a good addition to vegas.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bran99
MA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2010

I stayed one night at Aria just to see what it was like (transferred to my usual hotel, the Bellagio, the next day). Check in was fairly quick and easy. Getting to the elevators was a bit of a hassle since you have to go through the casino and in between restaraunts to get there. Deluxe room was clean with no problems, but small compared to what you can get a Bellagio or Wynn for the same price or less. The room has a control panel by the bed that serves as a clock and a control for the tv, lights, etc. I am not the most tech savy person and it took an hour to learn how to work it (kept turning the lights and tv off inadvertently). Bed and pillows were the softest I have had on the strip. Noise from the hallway was ok, but not great. Can't really comment on room-to-room noise as nobody stayed next door. One really great thing for me about the room was that the windows were extra thick so even though I was over the rear entrance to the hotel, I heard virtually nothing from the taxis and people below (I love Bellagio, but the thin windows always lead to the outside noise waking me up early or keeping me from gettig to sleep easily). Bathrooms are good size, but sort of weird with a sliding door separating the bathroom from the rest of the room and a frosted glass wall separating the toilet from the rest of the bathroom (not the most private). Shower/tub was nice but water pressure was only ok and never could get good hot water, even at 5am in the morning.

The best thing about the hotel is the service. The airline lost my luggage and the people downstairs were extremely nice about making sure that when it was delivered I got it as soon as possible. They also made out a possible plan to help out my stay if my luggage were lost for good. Check out was very fast as a person in front of the desks was helping with any overflow; none of the lines were more than 3 people deep. Everyone was extremely courteous and it is obvious that service is going to be a main theme.

As for the casino and the downstairs (restaurants, lobby, etc.), Aria is a beautiful hotel. There were crowds downstairs even early in the morning since it is so new and everybody wants to see. A main annoyance was there were a lot of lound, drunk young people most of the time (could have just been leftovers from New Year's). Also, I just didn't get the same thrill as when staying at other Las Vegas hotels because it doesn't have a theme other than being expensive. Even the outside, with all the glass, just doesn't seem to fit in Las Vegas. Feels more like something from NY than from LV.

A good hotel with great service, but just wasn't as fun to stay at as other hotels on the strip.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
5 Thank vegasaddict99
Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2010

Short cab ride from the airport, just $15.00 (plus tip). Had to wait with about 30 people in line to check in. It was slow with only six desk clerks working until a seventh arrived to check us in. Service was pleasant and very thorough. Elevators are located midway through the 3+ acre casino but are monitored by security. Getting an elevator was never a problem since each cluster of eight is dedicated to 5 or 6 floors only. The hallways on the floors are extremely long and often had a very loud and annoying buzz/squeal coming from the utility room. Upon first entering a guestroom, the lights and TV come on automatically and the drapes draw open. The room itself is super-high-tech meets architect-on-steriods. The space is beautiful and artfully decorated. However, there is no electric receptacle near the nightstand. This presents a problem for anyone who wants to charge their cell phone overnight while keeping it close by. It is an even bigger problem for people like me who need a place to plug in a c-pap machine for sleeping. I tried moving the mattresses only to find that the lamp cord disappears behind a wood panel behind the nightstand. Eventually the front desk sent up two engineers who moved the nightstand (with safe inside) to gain access to an opening in the paneling which led to a receptacle. For the duration of our stay the nightstand remained about six inches from the wall so I could unplug without help when leaving. The engineers replaced some CFL light bulbs and had to have the TV rebooted. It takes a while to get familiar with the electronic controls. They are not intuitive enough for me and could be greatly improved upon. The bedding was super comfortable and the room was very quiet. There is no shampoo shelf in the shower and no aerator in the sink faucet which means the water comes out in a hard stream and splashes everywhere. Dinner at the Buffet was excellent except for an alarm of some kind with strobe lights and a loud recorded voice kept going off. Our daughter's room was not serviced at all one day. We've stayed at the Hilton, Paris and Wynn in the past. Will probably not stay at Aria again. I've checked the "not recommended" box with this qualifier - If you enjoy ultra-modern technology and don't mind spending some time learning controls and art is more important to you than comfort, you'll like this hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business