“Stay at Aria”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
La
“Stay at Aria”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Excellent hotel, very friendly staff and nice accomadations. Only complaint was paying full price for kids 10 and under at the buffet. Kids eat half of an adult at best. We took this as a punishment for having small children and to offset those who over eat.

Room Tip: M-Life membership is worthwhile to have
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
ARIAResort, Director of Guest Relations at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear David,

Thank you for your review and being a Mlife participant. I truly appreciate your recognition of our resort, the amenities within, and the Five Diamond service of our staff. I do apologize for the disappointment you incurred with The Buffet pricing. Please know that your comments are much appreciated and help us to improve our services. Thank you again and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to ARIA on a future stay.

Director of Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,393)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed July 19, 2014

I stayed at Aria for 2 nights last weekend. Very nice property! One of my favorites in town, but I hadn't had a chance to stay here before. I had a nice deal in my Mlife account so I went ahead and booked it. I checked in a little early, and I got a room on the 3rd floor (technically first floor of rooms)... I was like really? The lady just said "yea, it's busy" and sent me on my way. Wish I had tipped or something to get a better room. Luckily my room still had an ok view of Vdara and Cosmo and wasn't of the roof. After I settled in I realized my room didn't have the touch pad! I was kinda bummed about this. You could still control most of the stuff on the TV, but it was inconvenient and slow. Also my room never "greeted me" like it was supposed to. I mean, what's the point of paying extra to stay here, versus something like Mandalay Bay, if none of the special extras function and you get one of the crappiest rooms in the place... left me a little bit bummed out. Besides that, the room was good, it was clean, the bed was comfortable, bathroom was clean.

I also went to the spa which was beautiful! It was only $30 for a day pass, I really enjoyed that. I liked the meditation rooms. The buffet and the cafe are also great.

The casino is really nice and big, large variety of games. I did notice it was rather smoky and the awesome scent they used to have seemed to be gone.

Then check out took kind of a long time, I wanted to settle a few things at the desk and it was a hassle. They have plenty of ways to check out, but if you need to see a person expect to wait. I think they make it easy to forget this is a HUGE hotel, so there is just people everywhere! Just overall for a 5 star hotel, I didn't think the service was impeccable. Overall I would stay here again, but I would make sure I secured a nicer room, maybe go midweek when it's less busy.

Room Tip: Get a high floor. I'd go with any room above the average deluxe room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank MurtleCake
ARIAResort, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide me with such an elaborate review. It is relishing seeing how much you appreciated the comfort and serene atmosphere of your guestroom, revitalizing visit to the Spa, and exquisite meals at The Buffet and ARIA Café. I am truly honored to learn ARIA is one of your favorite resort destinations.

I would like to thank you for your patience upon check-out, as well as apologize for the disappointment you experienced upon arrival to your guestroom. We work hard to provide a setting that delivers an everlasting impression on our guests and I truly apologize that we fell short in this instance. Please know that we value all guest comments and that I will absolutely be sure to share your review with the appropriate areas. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you again in the future.

With gratitude,

Tennessee Ridge, Tennessee
Reviewed July 19, 2014

First time I have stayed at Aria, the room was great and stocked with amenities. I visited the Fitness Center and nobody was behind the desk. Fifteen minutes later I was approached by Sarah who was rude and unfriendly and told me: Gym is closing in 15 minutes, you need to come back tomorrow!
She needs to learn some manners and receive customer service training!
Aria was good but next time I staying at Encore, thanks to Sarah!!

6 Thank Helen M
Dear Helen,

Thank you for selecting ARIA as your resort destination. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your guestroom and the amenities within. However, it is disheartening to learn that your stay was not entirely gratifying.

I would like to take this opportunity to learn more about your experience and ensure that this does not reoccur at our property. My Guest Relations team will be reaching out to you directly to obtain additional information. We look forward and await your response.

New York City, New York
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Arrived on Sunday evening at about 6:00 and it took fewer than 20 minutes to reach the desk. I was given a room on the 7th floor, but asked for something higher up. After about ten minutes of talking to what I assume were managers the very sweet lady who was handling my check in came back and gave me a room on the 50th floor...Wow! The room and the view were beautiful. I've stayed here before and knew that I wanted to spend most of my days at the spa. I did and The Spa at Aria didn't disappoint... Well worth the $30 charge after a workout in the reasonably well appointed fitness center. The restaurants were fantastic. You can sit at the bar at Sage and get the full tasting menu. I recommend it. Todd English Pub always has fantastic oysters and an excellent beer selection. Even the cafe was pretty great. Perhaps a bit spendy, but hey... when it's 7:00 a.m. and you want a burger and a beer before you go to bed then you're happy to have it.
Anyway, I have really enjoyed my two stays at Aria and look forward to going again as soon as possible. The staff, in my experience, is universally friendly and helpful. The casino is clean and fun and although everyone seems to be smoking, I didn't find the air quality offensive at all. The rooms are well appointed and beautiful (try to get a high floor).
Highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank YoAntny
Thank you for sharing such a phenomenal review. It is pleasing to read that your stay went satisfactorily and that you were able to indulge in the wide variety of dining options here on the ARIA campus, such as ARIA Café, Sage, and Todd English’s Pub located at The Crystals. Moreover, I am exceptionally delighted to read you enjoyed the breathtaking view from within your 50th floor guestroom and the award-winning Five Diamond service that was extended to you by a number of our staff.

I am glad that your experience at ARIA was exceptional and I would be elated to welcome you back.

With gratitude,

Cancun, Mexico
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Everything was perfect. How can you not be impressed. Even though the resort is huge, I felt treated as special. Staff always friendly and helpful. I was worried about the line at check in, but went fairly fast and our clerk was outstanding, and accommodating. Room was beautiful, spacious and I loved the remote control blinds, ect. Especially loved the bathtub. I've stayed at several resorts in Vegas and the Aria is now my favorite.

1 Thank Cindy952
Dear Cindy,

It is wonderful to read you had a fantastic stay, and that you received the most fabulous service from our dedicated staff. Thank you for commenting on your excellent experience at check-in and your enjoyment with so many of the amenities in your stylish guestroom. I am honored to know that ARIA has earned your loyalty and I sincerely look forward to greeting you on your next visit.

Best regards,

Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed July 19, 2014

With full disclosure, I should mention that I typically stay at Wynn or Encore. I love it there, and typically stay in the Tower Suites and am used to exceptionally attentive service. However, I received two free nights through MyVegas. And free is free, so I thought "why not, I'll give this a try".

There are parts of the hotel that are pretty. The front valet, the lobby, and various pieces of public art throughout the resort are quite lovely. The casino lacks any sort of character in my opinion. I'm not really a fan of generic modern, where everything looks like a Moxies. Places like Julian Serrano are beautifully designed.

The room is nice. It reminded me of a nice Westin hotel (Sydney for example). Comfy bed (perhaps a bit too soft), nice design, etc. I wouldn't call it luxurious, but stylish and comfortable. It has one element over Wynn and Encore, and that is in the technology in the room, along with the design of the in-room safe. It is a newer hotel, after all. So if that's your primary criterion in a hotel, then you'll be happy here. But, I seek service and luxury. Little things like not having to wait for a bellman for very long (which we did at Aria), being greeted by a valet immediately when you pull up to the front door (which did not happen very quickly at Aria). Things like that. While I found the staff to be pleasant, they just didn't exhibit that extra touch that is found at a place like Wynn/Encore.

If I use MyVegas points again, I'll likely go up to Mandalay Bay instead of staying here again. But it was enjoyable. I'd just rather stay at Wynn or Encore.

Room Tip: We had a room at the end of a hallway. It is the longest hallway in the world. I'm sure of it.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review, and for taking the time to share your candid feedback. I am pleased you found our resort to be aesthetically pleasing and your guestroom so well-equipped.

Additionally, I do apologize for the circumstance you encountered with the level of service from our Valet and Bell Desk staff. Please know that I take all guest feedback seriously and will share your comments with our team. Thank you for your valuable input and I hope for the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Kind regards,

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Was a quick and straightforward ($25) taxi ride from the airport at approx 5:00 pm. Had a Deluxe Queen room with City View for 2 (friends) adults - 2 separate beds. We were so happy with this experience! After a long day of travelling, the line at check-in looked intimidating, but it moved quickly and fairly efficiently -- at least when we were there (approx. 6:00 pm on a Monday in July). We were instantly impressed by the curtains that automatically opened to show a complete wall of floor-to-ceiling windows! On the 19th Floor, our view was great. We enjoyed playing with the electronic remote control features. Heads up: Stay away from the minibar unless you want to be charged $$ -- anything you take out for over 60 seconds (even just to view) will be added to your bill. Great bathroom with an amazing shower/tub area - lots of room. For 2 women friends traveling together, it was nice to have enough room (and 2 sinks) for all our "stuff". Enough closet space and robes and the like. Beds were a very soft, perhaps too soft for some but we slept fine. Heard not a peep - very quiet - and the blackout curtains successfully shut out the lights of the city at night. We had no issues with our room at all - it was large, clean, and comfortable. The pool was peaceful - could be because we weren't there during a busy time, I'm not sure. We bypassed the family pool, and stuck near the adult pool. No need for us to go to the LIquid pool as there was no "party" going on when we were there. We had the luxury of a cabana rental; probably not entirely needed as the pool was so quiet HOWEVER that being said, the cabana was a great way to spend a hot Vegas afternoon and we enjoyed the experience, the cocktails, and the service. Wi-Fi worked fine in Aria's hotel room, which I would expect as it was part of the mandatory daily "resort fee" charged. The Aria is situated in a very handy location, nearby many shops (including some on-site) if that is your thing and it is quite elegant looking. Concierge was helpful with making reservations and suggestions, and attendants working the bell desk/taxi stand (etc.) were quick, friendly, and efficient. There were a number of restaurants on site, though the only ones we had time for were Javier's for a wonderful Mexican dinner and the smaller Jean Philippe Patisserie for a decadent treat. Can't comment on the casino - we simply walked through it as gambling isn't our thing. The only complaint, and that is minor, is the online check-out didn't seem to work properly so we had to wait in line upon check-out to clarify our bill, and that was a pain. Other than that, I would definitely stay there again for the room quality, convenient location, and quiet elegance - it just didn't seem as "in your face" loud and crazy as some of the other hotels we walked through on our trip.

Room Tip: High floors city view gives great view
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your remarkable posting on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled to read you had a memorable visit at ARIA and that you were able to enjoy all of the accommodations in your luxurious city view guestroom. Thank you as well for commenting on the excellent service from our Concierge and Bell Desk, and for sharing your delight with our Jean Philippe Patisserie and Javier’s.

Moreover, your remarks regarding our online check-out options have been noted and I look forward to your return for a future stay.

Warmest regards,