“Modern hotel, prime location”

ARIA Resort & Casino
Ranked #14 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Toronto, Ontario
“Modern hotel, prime location”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We've stayed at the Aria for 4 days. It's a beautiful hotel equipped with modern technology. My experience was not perfect but better than other hotels that I've stayed at in Vegas. It’s at a prime location right at the center of the Strip, which takes about 5 minutes of walking (outdoors) from the hotel to the Strip. You can also get to the Strip by walking indoors, through Crystals Shopping Centre.

As soon as you walk into Aria, you can immediately feel the AC on blast mixed with a pleasant scent of faint vanilla. We got to the hotel around 10 pm on Wednesday night and waited about 30 minutes in line to check-in. I wished they had more associates at the front desk. Despite the wait, the Associate was friendly and apologized for the delay. The check-in process was pretty quick and got our keys within a few minutes.

Like most hotels on the Strip, Aria is huge so be prepared to do some walking from the room to the elevators and to hotel amenities. We were on the 17th floor and our room was facing South West with the view of the pool area, Monte Carlo, Excalibur, the Luxor, and Mandalay Bay. As soon we walked in the room, the lights automatically turned on, the blinds opened and the TV screen was on displaying icons of room features. The control pad/tablet was on a night table and control panels were available on either side of the bed, beside the door and on the wall across the full-body mirror. Although we didn’t find instructions on how to use the technology, it was pretty intuitive and learned to use it fairly quickly. Also, the Wi-Fi worked flawlessly in the room. We were warned about the sensitivity of the fridge so we didn’t even touch it, hence no extra charges on our bill. The bed and pillows were absolutely comfortable. The washroom was clean, had good lighting and useful toiletries. Cleaning services are done on a daily basis; we were able to turn it down by turning the privacy light on.

Aria has 3 pools, 2 whirlpools and Liquid Day Club. We had no problem finding lounge chairs. An added plus was the service; they delivered my drinks promptly. A Starbucks was conveniently located near the Spa. However, there was always a lineup so I go to the one at Crystals. Jean Philippe bakery on the Casino level had decadent desserts. If you have a sweet tooth, you gotta try this place. I enjoyed clubbing at Haze Nightclub. They treat you like royalty if you’re staying at the hotel and got in expediently.

Overall, my experience at Aria was great. I highly recommend it for those visiting Vegas.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise
8 Thank Jane W
ARIAResort, Director of Guest Relations at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear Jane,

Thank you for providing such a detailed review. At ARIA, our goal is to create the single most significant resort experience in the world and I am pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay, in addition to the warm welcome you encountered upon entering your guestroom, the comfort of our custom designed Sealy mattresses, and your memorable experience within HAZE Nightclub.

Additionally, thank you for your patience upon registration. I am delighted to know we have exceeded your expectations and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Director of Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,282)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 25, 2014

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, the service was outstanding. I love the fact that it's a Casino, but it's not loud like the other casino and the smell of smoke does not overlook it. The restaurants, the bars, the facilities, they are all minimalistic and great. We LOVED the Panoramic Corner Suite. My husband and I will definitely come back.

4 Thank NormaC1910
Dear Norma,

Thank you for choosing ARIA as your resort destination. It is a pleasure to read that you appreciated the ventilation of our casino, the award-winning Five Diamond service that was extended to you by a multitude of our staff, and the luxuriousness of your beautiful corner suite. I am delighted that you have left our resort with an everlasting impression and I would be elated to welcome you back.

Best wishes,

Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We love Bellagio, but Aria is just as impressive. Aria is more modern and high tech. The resort layout is nice and not confusing compared to others in the strip. Beds are very comfortable and the bathroom is awesome. The Japanese style toilet is great!

4 Thank sincityagent
ARIAResort, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
It is a pleasure reading such an extraordinary review. I am pleased you enjoyed your guestroom accommodations and that every aspect of your stay was spectacular. I look forward to exceeding your expectations during your next stay at ARIA.

Warmest regards,

Shannon McCallum Crawford
Executive Director of Hotel Operations
Chula Vista, California
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I was in town for an event and one of the shuttle stops was for Aria. I normally stay at Encore, but that was not an option for this trip - and I wanted to see what all the hype was about. Maybe this would be another option for me in the future???? After staying there, I can say it will NOT be an option.

At first glance, everything looks nice and new. Upon further inspection, everything is pretty shoddy. The restrooms in the casino, again at first glance, look good. But then you see the scrapes and broken pieces on the doors and the way the tiling is "finished". It looks like they were on one of those home improvement shows that they do as much as they can in a small amount of time, hoping that the "homeowners" won't notice all the mistakes. Near the pizza place and sports book, tile was cracked on the wall, wallpaper was starting to come off, and you could see their tile work. (pictures attached)

As we checked in our room, several things were wrong off the bat. The remote control worked intermittently, the "black out" shades did not black out, the bathroom door had a high pitched squeaked and you could hear the day club downstairs. When I called about the noise, I asked for ear plugs. (This was going to be a trip that I was going to be up all night and was planning on sleeping all day.) I was told that they could buy ear plugs for me, but they would charge my room. (other hotels give them away for free). I was also told that the club ends at 7:00pm and I could sleep then. I called later and asked to speak to a manager. I told him of my concerns and he offered to move me to another room, but I wasn't about to pack and unpack 5 days worth of stuff. I asked for the few problems to be fixed. Well, the remote was never replaced and nobody ever fixed the squeaking door. As for the "black out" shades, an employee came up to look at them. We told them that it was a design flaw. He did have a solution to the problem and was going to come back to fix it - apparently other guests also have complaints about the light that filters in. Well, he never returned.

The bathroom is also a HUGE problem with this place. The toilet is enclosed with the trendy frosted glass...which makes it gross when somebody is sitting on the toilet. I really don't want to see anybody on the toilet while I'm getting ready. You definitely don't want to stay here with friends or somebody that you're not very comfortable with. The lighting is terrible and the mak-up mirror was falling off the wall. The counter space is also very limited! You only have about 18 inches to spread toiletries on when getting ready. As for storage, there is 1 drawer that is 10 inches wide that you can place items in. There are shelves about 10 inches deep under the sink, but those are for towels. (there is no place to hang a hand towel or anything else.) When I tried to store my make- up bags on the shelves, the maid would move them daily.

Which leads me to the cleaning services... EVERY night/morning when I would return to my room, they moved my personal items around. My curling iron would be somewhere else, my make-up bags moved - and not just in the bathroom. They would move it to the closet area. In fact, one day, they took out make-up from the drawer in the bathroom, so they could "display" it and in return, they left cleaning rags in my drawer - not towels, cleaning rags! I was also staying on a non-smoking floor. Granted people make poor judgments when they're in Vegas and throw stuff on the floor...but there was a cigarette butt and a plastic lid to a cup in the hall outside our door, it was still there hours later, even after 2 maids past it at least 4 times. The elevators always had trash in them or stickers stuck on the doors or floors. One guest mentioned that she had chicken wings in an elevator earlier that day.

The food is also mediocre. Granted, I did not go to one of the fine dining restaurants, but the Cafe food was bland, the pizza place was ok ($5 for a can of Coke) and the room service was sub-par. Also noted, when ordering room service, they will not automatically give you a glass or pitcher of water. Apparently, you have to ask for it. Again, every other hotel that I've ordered room service at, gives you glasses of water, like a normal restaurant does. The paninis at JP Patisserie were the best items that we ate at this hotel.

I guess if this hotel was in another city, I wouldn't be so harsh. But, with so many great hotels in Vegas, this is pretty sad. Just because they have the "latest technology" doesn't mean that they have the best service, rooms, etc. For the price and considering what other options are available, do yourself a favor and stay down the strip with Steve W. or in Italy. You'll thank me later!!!

Room Tip: For a good room, go somewhere else ;)
3 Thank jmiller73
I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your review.

Additionally, I would like to apologize for any inconveniences that were encountered with your guestroom and with the service of our staff. Your input is greatly appreciated and will be shared with the rest of our team.

As the reservation is not linked to Trip Advisor, our Guest Relations team will be reaching out to you directly to gather additional information. Thank you again and I look forward to reviewing your comments.

Glenwood, Md
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Aria's staff went out of the their way to be friendly. The hotel was immaculate throughout. The high-tech room took a day to learn all its features, but it was lovely, comfortable, and welcoming from the first moment. The fancy Japanese toilet took a bit of learning, but we mastered it.

Room Tip: Don't panic, anyone can learn to operate electronic drapes. And the fancy, heated toilet seat? J...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank BGM328i
Thank you for posting your review to Trip Advisor. It is wonderful to read that you experienced a fantastic visit at ARIA, and you were met with the most welcoming service from our dedicated staff. Also, it is pleasing to know that you took so much comfort with the selection of modern amenities in your well-appointed guestroom. I sincerely look forward to greeting you on your next visit.

Best regards,

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Aria is the best casino/resort in Las Vegas. As a member of M Life you receive several special offers throughout the year. They have some of the best restaurant options on the strip. If you like Mexican food try Javier's. The new five 50 restaurant have great pizza and salads.

Room Tip: The bathroom is great - double sink and very spacious.
2 Thank Chet M
Dear Chet,

Thank you for your enthusiastic review of ARIA. I am overjoyed you had an exceptional stay and appreciated so many of our resort offerings, including the variety of options at Javier’s and Five50. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to mention the rewards of Mlife membership and for your kind words about our resort. Thank you again and I look forward to exceeding your expectations on a future stay.

Warm regards,