“Fell short of expectations”

ARIA Resort & Casino
Ranked #14 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Hercules, California
“Fell short of expectations”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

My sister and brother-in-law were visiting without their kids so it was a perfect time for me and my husband to take them to Vegas. I chose to book at Aria because it's relatively new, and we've never stayed there before.

When trying to find Aria's self-park garage, use the Mandarin Hotel as your landmark. Once you turn in that corner, you will see the signs to Aria's parking. We were able to park close to the elevators but the walk to the check-in desk was really loooong....it was on the opposite side of the parking garage hotel entrance. Upon entering the hotel from the parking garage, walk to your right to reach the lobby...it's a relatively shorter walk. There was a long line at the check-in desk but it moved pretty quickly. We were assigned a room on the seventh floor.

The website claims the hotel room greets you as you enter the door -- the lighting and the window shade open, the music starts playing. Unfortunately, none of those happened when we entered our room. And it truly was unfortunate because we didn't realize the blackout drapes didn't work until we were getting ready for bed at 2am. We called for service and were told somebody will come shortly. We fell asleep waiting for service that never came. Come morning, I couldn't go back to sleep because it was too freakin' bright! We called for service again. Someone from the service department immediately called us back and apparently, it was the first time they received the work order! A technician came a few minutes later. He was unable to repair the broken mechanism on the spot, but he offered to manually close the blackout drapes so we were still able to sleep some more. He also arranged a time when they would come back to fix whatever needed to be fixed. To his credit, he was very polite and professional. And they did repair it as promised. They even gave a courtesy call to make sure we were still amenable to the scheduled time.

The room itself was spacious. There was a mini fridge which we couldn't use for our personal stuff (unless we pay extra!) because everything in it had a sensor that if you so much move an item, it automatically charges your account. They had plush robes provided but it would have been better if they provided slippers as well (especially since my bro-in-law forgot to bring his own!). We brought our own toiletries so it didn't bother us that they didn't have toothbrush and toothpaste in the bathroom. I was surprised that they didn't have a coffeemaker available in the room. I guess they wanted people to buy coffee from the in-house Starbucks where the line was always loooong. The beds were comfortable, and I totally loved the pillows!

My husband's hip injury got worse with all the walking we did in Vegas so he called the Fitness Center to inquire if they had foam rollers. They had them so he went there to do some floor stretching using those rollers. He didn't bring any workout shoes but I appreciated the staff's flexibility in still allowing him to stay when he indicated he just planned on doing some floor exercises.

We were also able to use Aria's pool facilities. We were surprised they didn't have shower facilities in the pool area. There were plenty of available poolside lounge chairs. I wasn't happy with the poolside food and drink service though because come lunch time, I only saw 2 servers serving the entire pool area, one on each side. It took me over 30minutes just to flag someone down. My husband said earlier in the morning he was approached a number of times just to ask if he needed anything. I think they should assign more staff during peak hours.

I was able to print our boarding passes through the Concierge. I had to wait in line a bit because there were only a couple of staff members available, but the person who assisted me was genuinely nice that I couldn't help but not be mad.

I wanted to try checking out by text but I remembered we had some resort credit so I opted to check-out over the phone to ensure all charges and credits were accounted for. We didn't encounter any problems with check-out.

Overall, our stay at Aria was just okay because it fell short of my expectations. With so many hotels to choose from, Aria needs to get things right the first time every single time if they want repeat customers. And since they didn't quite get it right, I'll be looking else where on my next visit to Vegas....unless they have an unbeatable deal price-wise.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Fuchsiapower
ARIAResort, Director of Guest Relations at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thank you so much for choosing ARIA as your resort destination. It is great knowing you had an enjoyable stay and that you were pleased your spacious guestroom, our custom-designed Sealy® mattresses, and the excellent service provided to you by our Facilities, Fitness Center, and Concierge teams. Additionally, I truly appreciate your comments pertaining to our mini bar policy and coffee makers in our guestrooms. Please know your feedback is very valuable and is well noted.

I would also like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay and I would like to conduct further research. As your reservation is not linked to Trip Advisor, my Guest Relations team will be contacting you directly to gather additional information.

Thank you again for your feedback. I look forward to reviewing your comments.

Best regards,

Director of Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,293)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cave Creek, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

You will not find a more accommodating place to stay in Las Vegas. Clean, Luxurious, wonderful staff, fun beyond your dreams. This is the place to be on the strip. Everything far exceeded expectations.

Room Tip: Get a room with a strip view!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Alan,

I am thrilled you received superlative service from our staff and that you had such an incredible experience at our resort. At ARIA, we strive to provide the highest level of options and amenities throughout our property.

Your kind remarks are sincerely appreciated and I look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

I've been to Vegas five times, and have stayed at the ARIA three of those times. There's a reason I keep coming back to it - it truly is one of the best hotels in Vegas. It's modern, very clean, has some great amenities, and the staff are all helpful and friendly. Its located right on the Strip, with excellent connections to the Cosmopolitan, Bellagio, and MGM Grand. My most recent stay was with my boyfriend in February 2014, and wow, did we ever enjoy our time. When I did my booking online, we got two free tickets to see Cirque's Zarkana show (!) which I could not recommend more. The hotel must have known we were at the show, because when we came back to our room after it ended, our room was cleaned (for the second time that day), with some nice touches like chocolates and slippers laid out for us. It was something very small, but made us feel so special and really left a lasting impression.

On our second night in Vegas we had dinner at Julian Serrano, which is by far the best restaurant I have eaten at in Vegas. If you like tapas, this is as close to authentic Spanish tapas as you will get (my boyfriend is Spanish and he was very impressed by the food!)

On our final night we dined at Sirio and had some delicious Italian food. It's not as good as Julian Serrano, but we were still very impressed and left the restaurant satiated and happy.

Of course I'll be back in Vegas again, and there's no doubt I will be staying at the ARIA.

Ps. Have breakfast at the ARIA Cafe (previously Cafe Vettro). The service and food is phenomenal and of very good value.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tamara T
ARIAResort, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Tamara,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor and for your continued patronage. It is pleasing to read you had such a wonderful stay and enjoyed so many of our dining varieties including Julian Serrano, Sirio, and the ARIA Cafe. Additionally, I am elated to learn you found Zarkana very entertaining and our resort amenities truly gratifying.

I would also like to thank you for taking the time to recognize our welcoming Five Diamond Award-Winning staff. Thank you again and I look forward to exceeding your expectations on a future stay.

Warm regards,

Shannon McCallum Crawford
Executive Director of Hotel Operations
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

I helped my Grandmother book a five night stay here for her and her three daughters. I just now heard about their experience and am incredibly disappointed. First, there was no staff at the entrance to help with luggage despite four ladies struggling to get bags into the hotel. Second ,we booked two rooms with two queen beds each weeks in advance only to be told on arrival that all such rooms were booked. We were given a cot for one room which had to sit in the entrance hallway. The other room was too small for a cot so we had to share a bed. The hotel staff promised to try and move us, but never even so much as mentioned it again for the 5 nights we stayed. In general, the staff was rude and indifferent throughout our entire trip. We have never received such poor service in any hotel anywhere, let alone a 5 star. We will never stay at this hotel again and will have no reservations sharing our bad experience with any of our friends and family.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
11 Thank Jeff B
ARIAResort, Director of Guest Relations at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear Jeff,

I truly appreciate you taking the time to share the experiences of your family on Trip Advisor.

Additionally, I would like to apologize for any inconveniences that were encountered at check-in and with the desired room type. Your input is greatly appreciated and will be shared with the rest of our team.

As the reservation is not linked to Trip Advisor, our Guest Relations team will be reaching out to you directly to gather additional information. Thank you again and I look forward to reviewing your comments.

Calgary, Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

Stayed at Aria in mid-May with my wife while attending a friends wedding. We arrived just before 4PM and our room was not yet ready, so we ended up having to wait until nearly 5PM, which for a property this size seemed odd. While waiting we went to the lobby lounge and the service was pretty poor, we had to go to the bar to order a drink and the bar-tender said he can't serve us but that he'd send a waitress. It took nearly 20 minutes for a waitress to finally arrive and take our order. Other than that the rest of our stay was pretty good. The rooms are well designed and full of amenities. The casino and the bars and restaurants are all well laid out, all easy to find. The pool is great and the spa is excellent. All in all, except for our bad start, we had a good time at the Aria and will probably stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank DHSS
Thank you for sharing your feedback, and for posting your review on Trip Advisor. It is great to read that our well-equipped guestrooms were satisfying to you, and that you found our dining, pool, and spa options to your liking as well.

Please also know that your comments regarding check-in and the Lobby Bar have been noted with our team. Your correspondence is much appreciated, and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Warm regards,

Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

Stayed during a conference. Room had nice modern look with a view of the strip. Restaurants in the hotel are great...and really enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere of the English Pub outside the hotel, right behind the reception desk. Easy walk down to the strip at a decent location. Only downside was that I was trying to catch a NFL game and all the close sports books were full...so had to go in search of a decent bar with plenty of seating and TVs (which I wasn't lucky enough to find).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
ARIAResort, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you posting your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to know you were able to discover so many aspects of ARIA, including the amenities in your guestroom and our central location on the Las Vegas Strip. I am also overjoyed to find that you experienced the breathtaking views and vibrant offerings of our resort.

Additionally, please know that your comments regarding our Race & Sports area have been well noted. Once again, thank you for your amazing feedback and I look forward to welcoming you on a future stay.

Kind regards,

Shannon McCallum Crawford
Executive Director of Hotel Operations
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I love Vegas. We go there typically once a year. Aria is, by far,my favorite hotel so far. It is absolutely gorgeous! The rooms are nice, spacious and have neat technology (like electronic shades, what?!) The staff is always friendly and helpful. The spa I highly recommend, loved their wrap and facial! Perfect location right on the strip. Overall, I really have nothing negative to say, will definitely be staying there on future visits.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for your review. It is exciting to learn that you found our resort top notch and that you received the highest level of service from our staff. I am also pleased you enjoyed your luxurious guestroom and the in-room technology within. Your feedback is truly appreciated and I look forward to your return.

Best regards,