“Comfortable Opulence”

ARIA Resort & Casino
Ranked #18 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Aria is a mega complex . . . even by Las Vegas standards. And it was extremely impressive. Our three-night stay was wonderful. The staff were friendly and helpful. Our room was very modern without sacrificing comfort.

Yes, as others have noted, you must watch the rules on the mini-bar and be aware of the prices on items you consume. But we had no problems doing that. We dined in three of Aria’s restaurants and all were great experiences with delicious food.

All in all, it was a real treat to stay here and we plan to return.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jetalcott
ARIAResort, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Thank you posting your review to Trip Advisor and for letting others know about your luxurious visit to ARIA – from our delectable restaurants to the unsurpassed service you received from so many of our employees. I am pleased your experience was an unforgettable one and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Warmest regards,

Executive Director of Hotel Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (24,600)

Reviewed January 14, 2014

I had to come out to Vegas for business to attend CES. I hadn't been to Vegas in nearly 20 years and I wanted to see as much of it as I could (had to have a bit of free time too - why not?) since so much had changed. I split my stay between the Downtown Grand at Fremont and the rest of my time on The Strip at Aria so I could get the "full experience." The difference, as expected, was night and day. I travel on business a lot, and stay in a lot of nice hotels. But Aria was something completely off of my radar.

Check-in: Aria check-in was smooth as silk. I had booked through the hotel's website (got a great deal, too) and I was able to take advantage of the Express Check-In, so I was able to bypass the extremely long line. I was on my way to my room in less than five minutes.

Room: After taking a ride up to the 25th floor and went inside, I found the room to be simply spectacular. It was very, very spacious and the decor was very tastefully done. When I stepped further into the room, the lights and tv came on to the services/apps screen and the curtains automatically opened to reveal the most gorgeous view of the city that I'd even seen (I had a king Deluxe with City View). It was facing the Monte Carlo and the MGM and the intersection of Las Vegas Blvd and Harmon. With the mountain range out in the distance, the view was stunning. Gorgeous. I was a little kid at Christmas!

The bathroom was very nice and upscale (the shower experience was one of the best I've had in a hotel). The bed was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in, and the layout of the room was just perfect. I've read a lot of complaints about the Smart Room system being sluggish and ineffective, but I didn't have that problem at all in my room. It was very responsive, relatively easy to navigate and just a pleasure to deal with. I never wanted to leave the room LOL!

Casino: I'm not sure what the complaint from other reviewers was about all of the electronic slots and electronic gaming on the floor, but nearly every casino in America has moved over to this style of play. But there were still plenty of table games to be had, with lots of poker, blackjack, several craps and roulette and other table games available. My only complaint was the smokiness. While far less smoky than the other casinos I visited, it was still a little more than I cared for (I wonder how well a smoke-free casino would be received?).

I had far greater success in winning when I played at the casinos downtown rather than at the casinos on the Strip (which I came to learn as a general rule; casinos downtown have less of a buy in, the slots are looser and there's a greater percentage of winning than playing at the casinos on the Strip). I had fun on the Aria floor, but I'd recommend the Golden Gate on Fremont.

Dining and nightlife: I didn't frequent a lot of the restaurants within the hotel simply because of a lack of time, though I did check out a couple, including The Buffet and the Café. While the food in The Buffet was okay, it was way overpriced. I found selections at other casinos to have much more variety, much better food, and at a far more reasonable price. I did not go to any of the clubs within the hotel, again primarily due to time, but also because they seemed to cater to much much younger crowd. And played music that didn't really do much for me. I like house and dance, but I'm more of a jazz guy.

Shopping: Pretty much anything you want, it's all right there in the hotel. Back in the day, the hotels were pretty much islands to themselves but now, you can almost move from one to the other and never really have to go outside. It was great.

Check-out: Quick and painless. Aria gives you a ton of options for checking out via email, mobile device, etc. But I wanted to get some clarity on the bill so I went to the front desk. I was seen in no time and the attendant was quick and courteous. BE WARNED: If you pick up ANYTHING in the mini-bar for longer than 20 seconds, you'll get charged for it. They have sensors in the doors and on the outside items that "assume" that you've picked it up to use and/or take with you. Be sure you read over your bill before check out.

Overall, totally impressed. I truly did not want to leave. Unless someone gives me a reason to go to another hotel or Aria gives me an excuse to leave, the Aria will be the ONLY hotel I stay on my trip to Vegas. Totally worth every penny.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
7  Thank WorldViewer08
ARIAResort, Director of Guest Relations at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

I am elated to read you had a magnificent stay and were pleased with your swift check-in experience and so many of our resort offerings, such as your spectacular city view room accommodations and our casino.

Additionally, please know your comments on our buffet are well noted. It is great to hear you had a memorable visit and I look forward to welcoming you back on a future stay.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Very nice rooms, but everything is controlled with a touch screen. If you don't particularly want more "tech" in your life than this isn't your place. The casino is average at best. Some incredible restaurants.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your positive review. I am pleased you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and that you appreciated the innovative technology in our guestrooms. I look forward to your return.

Best regards,

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Have stayed at 6 other hotels in Vegas but I have found my new home away from home. The rooms were clean very modern the way I like. Love the touch screen technology (Control 4) used to control all the entertainment, lights, and curtains.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Don,

Out of the plethora of hotels in Las Vegas, I am elated to know that ARIA is your new home away from home and that you particularly loved the Control 4 technology in your guestroom. We work very hard to maintain the highest standards of luxury and your comments let me know that we are holding true to our philosophy of providing extraordinary guest experiences. Thank you for your kind sentiments. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Housekeeping staff and front of the house personnel are very professional and seem to care about quality. The location is convenient to restaurants, shopping and multiple grand casino hotels and resorts. Overall, a nice Las Vegas option.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner suite upgrade and for line jump passes to Aria Café and Aria Buffet
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Dear Renee,

Thank you so much for recognizing the award-winning five diamond service of our staff, including our Housekeeping team. At ARIA, we aim for excellence and I am delighted you had a memorable visit. I look forward to continuing to exceed your expectations on your next stay.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

amazing stay. went to celebrate husband's 40th and the hotel was top notch. the moment you enter you are greeted very cordially, the rooms are very nice. the bed, mattress and sheets superb. house cleaning was very cordial and did their job very good. will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lareja

It is wonderful to read you chose ARIA for your husband’s 40th birthday. It is always exciting to receive positive feedback and I am glad you enjoyed your modern guestroom accommodations and the outstanding service provided by our Housekeeping team. Thank you again for your review and I look forward to your return.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed January 14, 2014

The rooms were over the top! When you walk in the lights go on automatically and the wall you are facing when you walk in is covered with a drape from one end to the other that opens automatically the 1st time you enter to show a beautiful view of the strip.. Everything is 1st class and very clean, even down in the casino, restaurants and shops. The workout room is great me and my friends were their the week they were having the Mr. Olympia contest in Vegas and there were a lot of body builders working out in it but their was still plenty of free weights and machines to get in a good workout. Cant say enough about the place would stay their again!

Room Tip: ask for a room facing strip and high enough to see it.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank john196288

Dear John,

I am particularly pleased you were fascinated with the welcome feature of our innovative guestrooms and that you enjoyed so many of our resort offerings, such as our expansive fitness center. Thank you for your marvelous review and I look forward to welcoming you back on a future stay.

Best regards,