“Great location and great atmosphere”

ARIA Resort & Casino
Ranked #14 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
“Great location and great atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

This is a great location. The rooms are amazingly comfortable and romantic at the same time. Very innovative. Eat at the Aria Cafe, the food is great, is great value for the cost and the SERVICE IS AMAZING.

Room Tip: Can't say enough about the rooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,293)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Leeds
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed at the Aria for our honeymoon and loved it!
It's a beautiful hotel, great view from our room and couldn't recommend it more to others.
We ate in the Aria Cafe, Buffet which were great, but Jean George's Steakhouse is brilliant! The best steak ever :-) just be wary the photos they offer you are very expensive!

1 Thank LD_Leeds
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

I originally was on the fence about coming to this hotel due to the reviews of ong line-ups and the cost. But I waited until the last minute to click the button and was able to obtain thursday, friday and saturday night for $987.00 for two queen beds. This was a savings of over $500 if I booked weeks in advance. I called in my reservation as I did not like the fact that I would only be paying for one night if I paid online as there was a disclaimer that prices could change without notice - so I called the reservation desk and booked and paid for all three nights at that time. I found out as well at that time that there was a convention at the hotel and this is why the drop in rates.

When we arrived I was expecting the line-ups that were mentioned in past reviews - but there was a gentleman who greeted us and another person who directed us to an open reservationist. There were approximately 8 reservationsits at their desks and we were immediately atended to and given our room within minutes. As well- everytime we would pass the check in area - morning, noon or night - there was never a line up and always at least 8 reservationists. - Perhaps Aria execs read these reviews! ... as they certainly get a 10/10 rating on checking in!!

The rooms were nice. The beds were comfortable and I liked the idea of having to show your room key everytime you attended at the elevator. However, one gentleman just stated to the gentleman asking for your key that he lost his key and was meeting the concierge at his room and was immediately let up the elevators ... not sure if he recaognized the young man but that was a bit disconcerning as I would have liked him to at least make a call and confirm this information.

The last two nights I awoke to a huge bang! ... I can only guess it was Zarcana which was playing at Aria. But it really scared me. Also when we first checked in and attended in our room the hotel alarm went off and caused a huge panic. People were running to the elevators. We left to go out for the day as we did not want to spend any longer listening to the alarm and when we returned it was off and we never had another issue.

The tv allows for music video stations - galaxy or sirius like - offering pop, country, 60's classic rock etc. which was a nice addition when waking up in the morning as well as the electronic drapes and lighting.

The pool was on the promonade floor and easy to get to without walking through the casino or loads of crowds. Just show your card, receive a towel and find a lounger. It was packed but we found two lounges together right by the pool. Very clean area and excellent cool pool. not too cold - not too warm. Just perfect.

Checking out was easy and showed you your bill before confirming check out. We didnt have any extra charges charged to us which was great - as I also heard if you move anything on the pay for use items you will be billed - my friend did just that and I freaked thinking we would be charged - but we were not.

The valet parking was perfect as well. We would call down for our vehicle and it would be there waiting for us.

Thank you for a wonderful stay Aria. And most of all for reading reviews and changing things which were problematic to past travellers.

I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Faversham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

This was our second time in Vegas, albeit briefly, and we wanted a better hotel experience than the Mirage (felt rather grimey), so I booked this based on past Trip Advisor reviews and we weren't disappointed! The room was huge (we booked a standard double), clean and ultra modern with automatic curtain and light sensors, huge bathroom with separate bath and shower & his 'n' hers sinks.

We were warned that if we even touched anything from the mini bar it would be charged to our account (weight sensors), and in fact the note in the room said a 50dollar charge would be incurred for use of the fridge for personal items which I felt was rather over the top. So we were unable to keep our water cool.

We only had the one night so didn't get the chance to check out the pool or restaurants. The check-in & out staff were extremely friendly and polite, and the location on the strip is ideal.
The most annoying thing for us was how far away the car park seemed to be! It took us over ten minutes to get from the car back into the hotel, through the casino and to our room. However I guess many of the Vegas hotels will be similar as they are all so huge.

All in all, a great hotel and I wouldn't hesitate to book here again if were going back to Vegas again.

Brick Township NJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

This hotel is big IMO too big. I never saw the same personnel twice apart from in restaurants. Annoying when it came to chambermaids as requests had to be repeated, though in all fairness they would comply! Never able to establish a rapport and I sure hope they pool tips. This is the curse of the part time work employers.

Additionally, our room was situated toward the back of the hotel; Good in terms of extricating yourself from the smoky casino where smoke seems recycled into the air conditioning systems, bad in terms of hiking, I mean total hiking to elevator bank. Now, I like a good walk, but some financial wiz, no doubt sat down and figured that this place could squeeze in a few dozen additional rooms if they eliminated elevators. EVERYONE, in our party of conventioneers complained. It was a total hike, not a walk to elevator bank (one) ....very inconvenient, very unreasonable. We lost a couple of hours performing this trek twice a day or more. Quite obviously intended to cater to bottom line, not guests.

The room was accommodated with lots of technical gadgetry. Twenty seven lights but nary a single functional bulb in terms of illumination. These rooms are dark unless you want to leave the electronically controlled drapes wide opened.

When are hotels going to get it that in order to reuse towels we need more than one towel bar to hang and dry them? This is an obvious complaint, but given the ecology one that should be rectified. Same thing for the constant overuse of pillows. Both issues here at Aria. The smoke is an issue I take with Vegas in general. In catering to the addicted personalities they are losing out on the average majority who have to walk through this respiratory filth to get anywhere. I would have loved to play some blackjack, but the smoke is disgusting.

Pools also are only wading pools at three and a half feet. Thankfully this did not affect the beautiful Vegas weather. Aria is all new, all glitzy and glassy, but to me not very comfortable. I prefer a more traditional hotel setting. I give kudos to the Tapas bar and staff who were friendly and where the food was excellent. There is an in house Thai Restaurant that was also quite good. American Seafood Grill was just okay. Again, the opinion of several in our party, not my sole experience.

Room Tip: Stay away from back of hotel or get a luggage cart to transport yourself daily. Pack a lightbulb if...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
ARIAResort, Manager at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Hello Kay,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent visit to ARIA. We would like to thank you for choosing ARIA & do apologize for not meeting all of your expectations during your stay. We work very hard to provide an outstanding experience to all of our guests, and your feedback is very helpful in this process. Thank you again.

Regards,

Derek
Manager
Hamilton, Bermuda
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stayed at the Aria for 3 nights while celebrating a friend's 30th bday. I am not usually a fan of large hotels, but I thought this one was quite nice. Upon entering my room, the curtains were drawn (automatically) while music played softly in the background. I was impressed! Room and bathroom are both very hip and modern. Bed was extremely comfortable so the rooms get an A in my book for aesthetics and comfort.

There are a TON of things to do in this hotel, but everything seemed expensive. There's a spa, plenty of restaurants and bars, a night club, bakeries, shops and of course casinos. The hotel is situated on the strip, and for where we were going I found the location to be acceptable. There is an upscale mall attached (with high-end labels) to the hotel and Fashion Mall is about a 10 minute drive. I would recommend making a trip to the outlets (15-20 mins drive) as there are some great bargains to find.

I am not a big gambler, so I didn't spend much time in the casino. I will note however that minimum bets are higher than some of the neighboring hotels. Believe the minimum was $10 or $15.

You'll find lots of groups travelling together for bachelor/bachelorette parties, bday parties etc. Seemed to attract the late 20's to late 30's crowd. It was a bit annoying passing through the casino at night (only way to get to elevators!), as there are several people working for the hotel's night club who try to entice you into going.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel. I will not be returning, only because I didn't really care for Vegas!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bermy80
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Everything with our stay was great...the staff, the restaurants, pool party it was well decorated and was a perfect choice for a great price. Everyone was beyond friendly and all of our needs were resolved. The view from the room was great. Cant wait to go back

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Simplywp
Hello,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your recent visit to ARIA. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay, and appreciate the kind words. Our dedicated staff works very hard to ensure that every guest has a memorable stay & it’s great you were able to experience this firs-hand! Thank you again, and we look forward to your return.

Warm Regards,