“Our Vegas Homebase”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Monterey, California, United States
“Our Vegas Homebase”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We have been to Aria 4 or 5 times. It is centally located, with in walking distance of the major casino/hotels, as well as the free trams that can get you to the Monorail a little easier. The casino is clean, with hardly any lingering smoke. Plenty of slots of all denominations. Most of the staff is friendly, but every now and then, there is a less than helpful member.

Restaurants: We have enjoyed all that we have been to. This last trip we dined at the Cafe, Buffet, Javier's and Sage. Javier's had great Mexican cuisine with great service. Sage was awesome, we did the Chef's special menu with wine flight. Very good food, decent proportions for a tasting menu. The wine was selected for each option, not for the course, a nice touch. Service was empecable. The Buffet is overall good, but it really depends on the menu options for the day. Excellent dessert choices.

Bars: Manny at the View bar is awesome, will make a drink based on your liqour of choice and flavor preference. Friendly as well, Go see Manny! The cocktail list is also very good. Wines by the glass at the bars can be pricey, but offer a higher end selection. The two for Deuce drink coupons that they hand out is a waste. Horrible well liqour out of the gun, the coupon is not good for wine or their specialty cocktails.

Rooms: If you want a great "Vegas" view, than Aria is not the place. No grand strip views. Rooms are good sized with very comfortable beds. The rooms darken well too.

The Aria has it all, and is a great place to call home for your time in Las Vegas!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jefe831

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,420)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed September 1, 2013

The Aria hotel is one of Vegas' finest. Clean and well maintained. Staff friendly and helpful. Use of the latest technology in the rooms (everything is remote controlled). Beds are THE most comfortable beds I have EVER slept in in any hotel. Awesome!! Well worth the stay.

Room Tip: the most amazingly comfortable beds !! First class hotel all the way
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank VLS111
Dix Hills, New York
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Came here for a long weekend and to renew our wedding vows after 15 years this place is absoutely gorgeous. Thanks to the reviews here and a 20% discount on cheaptickets were able to afford it. The hospitality and customer service is beyond excellent. The room was absoutely amazing with the ability to control the lights and curtains. Plus the bathrooms with robes and spa quality. The best! I stayed in room 24119

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank SexyMom71
North Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed August 31, 2013

This is my 2nd trip to sin city, first time we stayed in a bit of depressing hotel at the far end of the strip, so when stepping into Aria, by comparison, it felt heavenly.
The hotel is right in the middle of the action, with all sorts of restaurants and a big high end shopping center connecting to the lobby. the casino is nice and big, everything looked very new and trendy. The French bakery is excellent, we tried to have breakfast couple of times there but the line up was pretty discouraging. We only managed to get some pastry and coffee in the afternoon when there were few people at the counter.
Our room was good size, over looking the swimming pool, which we didn't use. It was a Accidentally, we got a smoking room(our fault) but I didn't smell any odor, the room was clean, but there were couple of things not working, not a big problem though. The service could be improved, I had to make 3 phone calls to order a kettle, and it was not free ($25).
Over all, I would stay here again. It has everything you need at walking distance.

Room Tip: There is a machine in the hotel lobby to check you in and print your boarding pass for your flight
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Stayed at the Aria for 5 days from August 18-23. The hotel itself was very nice - awesome location, great restaurants, gorgeous pool area, & very comfortable rooms (the beds were amazing). Our only complaint is that even though we had booked 3 months before the trip, we we didn't end up getting the room we booked (we were 'downgraded') because they were so busy. They said they were just placing us in the room (that we ended up staying in) temporarily, & when someone checked out the following day, that someone would contact us - after following up a few times & getting no response, we just gave up. Luckily all their rooms are nice, but it would've been nice to actually get the one you paid for. Because of this experience, the Aria probably won't be our first choice, but if the price is right, we would consider staying here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank alxndrabgb
Marina del Rey, California
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stayed from Aug. 24, 2013 to Aug. 26, 2013 and had a great time!. We stayed in room #30114 which had two deluxe queen sized beds, dual closets, dual sinks, dual plush robes and an attached bathtub/shower with separate toilet. There was a safe in the room, hairdryer, and awesome toiletries that do NOT contain phthalates, sulfates or parabens (which all can cause cancer). I loved the toiletries, but I left them for my friend since she wanted them. :)

The room was an upgrade from our original reservation, so we had a great city view of the Strip and it was very beautiful at night. Everything was controlled via an Ipad type device in the room. My friend and I had fun pressing all the gadgets and buttons. It was like "Oh, what does this button do?" or "Oh, what is this for?"......Lights, tv, curtains, air conditioning, room service, music were all controlled via this tablet device. Once you get the hang of it, it's easy and fun. But, for the older generation (like my mom or grandma) or those that can't read English, I can see how this might be extremely annoying. The room was very clean, quiet, spacious compared to other rooms on the Strip. The beds were ah-ma-zing!!!! We slept like babies and I really didn't want to get up every morning. The beds were soft and fluffy like a cloud!

There was always a security guy by our elevator entrance checking our room keys so I felt very safe that no stragglers or unwanted individuals that didn't belong at the Aria, could access our rooms. Just always have your room key ready to show for security purposes.

This hotel has a lot of high end places to eat at by well known chefs and also a 24 hour Aria Cafe where you can get great food for reasonable prices. There also is a very convenient sundry store to buy toothpaste, floss, contact solutions, band aids,etc. I had a feminine emergency (girls, you know what I mean), so I was FREAKING out until I found the sundry store for the products I needed.

Attached to the hotel, there is also a free tram that takes you from the Monte Carlo to the Bellagio, which came in handy since it was so hot outside. Saves you taxi money and a long walk encountering crazy/stupid people on the Strip. I have a very short tolerance for smelly, sweaty, drunk/intoxicated people on the Strip.

At the end of my stay, Czarina from the front desk closed down my folio so that I can settle my room charges the night before I had to catch a flight. This was very convenient as I hate standing in line the day of my check out with a mass of people. Do settle or close your room charges the night before so you can avoid the long lines at 11am the next day for check out. It's like a massive exodus around 11am every morning. Avoid if possible, unless you're very patient. Czarina was very friendly and had excellent customer service. It was 1158 pm (close to midnight) but she didn't give me any attitude and was great.

My fave place to eat at was Jean Philippe's Patisserie located on the Casino Level. I am a gellato lover and love crepes as well. Very delicious!! Awesome crepes, gourmet sandwiches, pastries and chocolate. It is to die for if you're a chocolate lover or sweets lover.

We didn't hit the pool scene at all as I avoid the sun like the bubonic plague. NO skin cancer, thank you. But we did hit the Aria Spa which was small, but relaxing. There's also an arcade for the kids, if you have children.

Overall, this hotel has everything you might possibly imagine so you will feel pampered. Please be advised that around 11pm, you will encounter a million women dressed in little, short outfits looking like prostitutes. They are the female club goers ready to "party" and you'll encounter the young 20 something men as well that surround these ladies like moths to a flame. I avoided these people and made fun of their non-classy outfits instead (yes, I'm mean. If you dress like a hooker, I will make fun of you.) For us more established people, I just gambled. :)

I will stay at Aria again. I usually stay at Caesars Palace since I visit Vegas on a monthly basis for spas and the food. Aria has won me over and I guess it's time to switch my loyalties??

Green Features: Awesome that this hotel is green. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the non chemical toiletries!! Kudos for Aria for thinking about toxic crap you normally would use on your skin, face, and hair. Totally gross. Aria gets an A+ in my book for the biodegradable toiletries.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Vaughan, Canada
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I stayed a week, some business, some personal. A beautiful hotel with all the amenities but the check-in line was ridiculous as was the checkout line. They were very understaffed for a mid Monday. Excellent room but you really don't get much for the daily resort fee ($25.00) so be prepared for this...I wish they would just put it as part of the room cost from the start as I wasn't told this when I booked. Rates are cheaper early in the week double by weeks end. I stayed extra as my wife came in for a few days (last Vegas trip was 2000). I booked the Zarkana package, paid a little more for the room and got 2 free tickets but I was charged and it took me 3 weeks to get this resolved. I especially want to thank Cynthia Garcia of guest relations who went out of her way to settle my ticket issue and get me my refund very quickly. A special mention to Ronnie Miller as well for his assistance. Please note that if you have anything delivered to the hotel, they will charge a service fee for this (never been charged by any other hotel in the US) and they don't mention this at check-in or reservations. The hotel is centrally located and close enough to the other resorts and restaurants. The hotel restaurants are excellent but very pricey and the pool area is very large. Separate entries for those will follow.

Room Tip: Hi floor away from the elevators
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business