“Expected more for the price point”

ARIA Resort & Casino
Ranked #16 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We reserved a corner suite king room for 3 nights and paid over $300/night when adding in taxes and resort fee.
The resort itself is beautiful - plenty of room, lots of places to shop, eat, drink, and walk around including a very nice pool area, and a fairly large casino. The room itself, and the views were amazing (we were on the 23rd floor). You open the door to the room and enter into a small foyer - the lights come up and the curtains open and you are blown away by the views. There is a 2 piece bathroom off the foyer, and a bit farther ahead there is the mini bar area to the left and a comfortable table with four chairs to the right. Further into the living area there is an L shaped sofa coffee table and a large dresser/work desk and large flat screen TV panel - all framed with floor to ceiling windows. The bedroom and bath area are tucked behind a pocket door and a wonderful retreat. The bed is soft plush and very comfortable with plenty of fluffy pillows and the room is lined with floor to ceiling windows on each exterior wall. There is a dresser, king bed and two nightstands so the bedroom area is not very big. Around the corner is the bathroom which is very large and spacious and also with floor to ceiling windows. There is a jetted tub which fronts the window, along with a flat panel TV , separate very large walk in shower, large vanity with double sinks and WC area. The toilet seats are heated and have a built in bidet feature and they have very nice toiletries for guests (dental kits, shave cream, hair dryer shampoo conditioner, lotion, bath salts, body wash and hand soap).
Now for the issues which prevented me from giving this a "5"
There seems to be some deferred maintenance which needs to be done. The curtains in our bedroom were torn from the rod in the corner so they never closed completely. We were faced with sunlight streaming right into our faces pretty early each morning. The soap dish in the bathroom had been used as an ashtray at some point and was covered in burn marks. I placed it in the center of the vanity to hopefully bring it to the attention of housekeeping, however the soap was changed and it was put back without being replaced. The TV remote in the bedroom also stopped working after the first day, and housekeeping never threw away our trash (which was too big to fit in the tiny waste can) the first day.
Also since this was a suite I did expect a coffee maker and maybe a microwave, but no such luck. There is the ridiculous mini bar refrigerator that you fear even opening for being charged, and we did also have another small refrigerator next to this and just hope it wasn't part of the mini bar b/c we did store our things inside it. I think for this price point and suite designation a coffee maker, with some coffee should have been included. With the amazing views and comfortable sitting area it would have been nice to open the curtains and sip a hot cup of coffee in the morning instead of having to get dressed and go down to the Starbucks or other coffee shop and stand in ridiculous long lines for a cup of coffee. I think as well it would have been nice for a bellhop to show you into the room and show you all the technology (and how to use it) when guests first arrive.
We ate at the cafe one evening and the buffet one morning. The food was very good, there was great variety and the wait staff were very helpful - our issue was with the wait times to get in. We waited over 20 min to get seated in the cafe (with about 4 parties in front of us and LOTS of open seating available) Also there is no where to sit while waiting so for elderly people I could see where this was difficult and saw a few couple leave. I am not sure if they were just short staffed that evening but either way I felt it was a longer wait then it should have been and felt they should at least provide seating for guests that may need it, or if there is a long wait they should use pagers for the guests.
We had a similar issue at the buffet one morning. When we arrived the line was not very long (3/4 of one row was filled with people waiting) and there were LOTS of empty seats in the dining room (I would say close to 1/3 or more were empty) yet we stood in line for over 35 minutes. When we left the line was snaked down several rows and can imagine that the wait for those people must have been well over one - 1 1/2 hours..
The final disappointment was that the portable back up drive for my computer went missing. It was in my computer bag and the morning we left I went to back up my files and it was gone. Searched the room (even though I knew I did not take it out) and it was not found. Grant it, I probably should have placed it in the safe so I do take part of the blame, it is just sad that you have to feel like you have to put everything under lock and key and can't trust that people will respect or leave your things alone. Returning early one afternoon we did notice several doors propped open by housekeeping using the manual dead bolt and we're not sure if the rooms were occupied rooms but if they were it would have been very easy for anyone to enter those rooms without being noticed.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have great views. If you can get a corner or sky suite
1  Thank zaney
ARIAResort, Manager at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Hello,

Thank you very much for writing a review of your recent stay with ARIA. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay, and we apologize that we did not quite meet all of your expecations. We work very hard to provide an outstanding experience to all of our guests, and your feedback is very much appreciated. Thank you again, and we certainly look forward to your return.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

The best part of my trip was staying at Aria. I slept very well. My friends stayed at a different hotel and in comparison, my boyfriend and I appreciated our room even more. Our elevator wait time was fast, the room was clean and welcomed us, the staff greeted and smiled when we passed in the halls. I'm truly impressed. This is a review from a guest whose family says I'm a difficult person to satisfy. Thank you Aria for a pleasant trip.

1  Thank Duyen N

Hello Duyen,

Thank you very much for your review. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay at ARIA, and appreciate the kind words. Our staff works very hard to ensure all of our guests have an outstanding stay, and we are happy you were able to experience this first-hand! Thank you again, and we look forward to your return.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Arrival welcome was none existent and we basically had to carry our own luggage to the check-in queue. We queued for 30mins. This frustration quickly disappeared as I asked the clerk for an upgrade and was given one for free (no dodgy $20 tip needed)! Room was fantastic on the 26th floor with Strip view. Really convenient hotel with free CityCenter tram (although this is paid for in your $25 daily resort fee). Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for upgrade. Higher floors are best.

Hello,

Thank you very much for writing a review of your recent stay with ARIA. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay. We work very hard to provide an outstanding experience to all of our guests, and your feedback is very much appreciated. Thank you again, and we certainly look forward to your return.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We got our room based on a website promotion that was sent to us. We didn't know if we got a very small room due to the discount offered or what but we got a "V" shaped room with the wider part being where the door and bathroom were at the front and the window area being very tiny and narrow. Our window was in a corner and was half the size of the two windows on other rooms we saw around us-so we got 1/4 of a real window. The décor of the room was very nice and modern but the lighting is very dim. There is no overhead lighting, just lamps. We liked the long desk and large closet area. The bathroom was very big and well decorated and we had a walk through shower to the bathtub which was different. We liked the make-up mirror and the full length mirror and the scale (yikes!) in the bathroom. Good to weigh your luggage before you fly but not yourself! The king size bed was very comfortable but the headboard was chipped. For the most part it was a comfortable yet not spacious room for the two of us. There was no coffee maker which we usually look for. The casino is very nice and the location is great (center of strip). Easy walk or tram ride to everything. The chocolate/pastry shop in the lobby is the best-same as in Bellagio (Jean-Philippe I think)! The only issue we had was upon check-in, they did not have the resort credit as promoted on the website. Luckily, we had a print out to show them so it was honored. We would stay again.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is standard size as all other rooms especially when you get a discount.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Hello,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay at ARIA & your feedback is very important to us. It is good to hear that you enjoyed dining at Jean Philippe Patisserie! Thank you again, and we look forward to your return.

Regards

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Upon arriving at the Aria you are greeted by a fountain show and wall of water. It is very impressive. The water features and art collection make this property unique.

Reception is located to the right of the main entrance. Behind the counter is an impressive metal replica of the Colorado River by Mia Lin. The front desk staff were extremely helpful. They honored all of my requests.

The concierge organized a terrific itinerary for me. They responded promptly during my trip planning and kept everything organized despite days off and multiple staff involved.

I was in room 33140. It faced the strip and had a decent view. The new construction has limited views as everyone goes bigger and more expensive. The room was large with a large bathroom with shower, tub and double sinks.
The decor is modern with neutral tones and accents of color. The coolest thing about the room is the control panel for lights, TV, temperature, and curtains. It is a bit slow to respond. Seems like some bandwidth or processor issues. It did work and was nice.

I believe the resort is four years old. The furniture is starting to show some wear and tear. Some pieces had the veneer damaged.

There is plenty of space in the room and tons of closet and drawers. You would have enough room for a ten days' worth of clothes for two. Plenty of hangers too. The drawers are deep too.

The bed was comfortable as were the pillows.

The desk was right in front of the TV. An interesting location. I'm leaning toward not liking that arrangement. Would be better to switch the minibar and desk. The desk chair is comfortable but it sits too low. It is the correct height but the cushion gives several inches making the proportions mismatched.

The lighting is sufficient. If you want it bright you will find it hard to get there.

There is a tram to take you to Bellagio. I think it is six of one, half dozen of another between walking to the tram and just walking to the Bellagio. If you bring kids they will enjoy the tram. Bring a stroller.

The pools are nice. They are zero entry and have a depth of 3' 6". Plenty of chairs available during my visit. There were also shaded areas for those wanting to experience the pools without direct sun exposure. Fairly unique for a Vegas resort.

You feel a bit isolated from the rest of Vegas. Different from the other resorts save Mandalay Bay. I enjoyed my stay. It was worth the visit.

Stayed: August 2013

Hello Todd,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of your recent stay at ARIA. Your feedback is very much appreciated! We work very hard to provide a memorable stay to all of our guests, and we are happy you were able to experience this first hand. Thank you again & we look forward to your return.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

First Class accommodations at a very reasonable price. Upgrade to corner suite if available and not too much $$. They are awesome. A little less posh and pretentious than some of the other 5 stars, but very nice, very upscale and attracts a better crowd than some. Location cannot be beat! Crystals shops on sight. Cosmo next door and Walgreens a 5 minute walk. Right in the center of everything!!

Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Didn't come to Vegas to gamble but to soak up a bit of the atmosphere and relax, drink and eat in luxurious surroundings. This hotel ticked every box for us. From the moment we dropped our bags off with the bell staff (we had to drop our rental car off) it was smooth sailing.
Check-in: Short queue but staff quick and courteous. Asked for a room with a view and got city view room.
Room: Lovely modern interior with touch screen controls for lights, curtains etc., loved the massive bath and shower room. As others have said be careful with weight controlled mini bar. Would have loved at least a free coffee machine but I guess that's the nature of the beast, Starbucks available downstairs so was all good.
Pool: Had a fantastic day by the pool. Both a bar there and waitresses. I liked the fact there were 3 smaller pools, had a chance for a wee change of scenery. Loads of loungers, we were early but didn't see anyone struggle to find a space. Left our bags and stuff a few times to go for a wander and felt very safe.
Restaurants: We ate at Julian Serrano's Tapas place and ordered lots of different dishes. All were amazing. Favourite for me was the white fish cerviche and hubby's fave was the scallops.
Aria had everything we wanted from a Las Vegas hotel; casino, shows, numerous amazing restaurants to choose from, pools and great bars. On top of this the decor was modern and had a much more contemporary and luxurious feel than a lot of the older hotels on the strip. I would love to come back again!

• Stayed: August 2013