“Beautiful hotel. Too bad the service is not up to par.”

ARIA Resort & Casino
Ranked #18 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is beautiful. The pool area was a mess. Towels and food debris, plastic cups, leftover food not cleaned up, it littered the area. I had to clean up an area to have a place to lounge.
I realize Vegas is all about the $, but this is not an inexpensive hotel, and there was no coffee maker in the room. Their is a $50 charge if you store anything in the mini bar,and if you pick up anything from the mini bar, you bought it!
The good, the room was nice and the gym was great.

• Stayed: August 2013
ARIAResort, Manager at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with ARIA. We are very happy you enjoyed our Fitness Center. We are, however, very sorry that we did not quite meet all of your expectations, especially in regards to your experience at our pool. We work very hard to leave a positive impression with all of our guest, and we did not achieve this with you. We appreciate your feedback.

Thank you again.

Best Regards,

Derek
Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (24,613)

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Rooms - bigger than on the Pictures and suitable for a Family. Very new and therefore to be recommended.
Swimming Pools - nice pools, but like everywhere in Vegas during the day too crowded.
Check out - annoying, took me 20 minutes, becaouse of incompetent and not enough personnel.
Location - to get to the parking lot, it takes every time 30 minutes, because there is only an entrance from the Strip, where there is always traffic jam ! Therefore the Weekend Needs to be avoided.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ursula M
Reviewed August 18, 2013

The Aria is the most modern of the hotels we have visited on the strip its modern layout might put some, looking for the traditional resort style, off but go with it. The staff are great and even if you are not in the casino all day helpful. The rooms are awesome - a good size and with all the technical wizardry you could hope for. Great leisure centre and the deck is laid out so that you don't feel completely hemmed in. Good transport too, jump on the monorail if you want to avoid the heat when exploring.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank towtaylor
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I just returned from 3 nights at Aria with my husband, and I absolutely loved it. Aria is luxurious without being snobby. The rooms was plush, with probably the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. It was hard to get up each morning! There was a large bathroom with a separate toilet area, and a glassed in shower with soaking tub. Everything in the room is controlled by one panel - the curtains, the temperature, TV, and lights - and I liked the convenience of being able to control it all from the bed. The pool area was large and fairly quiet - it was never a problem finding chairs, and the water was the perfect temperature. I ate at several restaurants around the hotel - Sirio, Five50, and Julian Serrano - and really enjoyed all of them. Even though Aria is quite large, it never seemed overly crowded and noise was never an issue. I didn't use the gym but I did look at it and it was huge, modern, and immaculate. I did purchase a $30 day pass to the spa, which I would recommend to anyone as a great value. The location of the hotel is great as well, an easy walk from pretty much all of the south and mid Strip spots. My only (very) small complaint is that checking in took around 45 minutes. In short, we had a great stay and would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank abbalish
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My spouse and I stayed here just one night in July and were very impressed with the property. The rooms have touch controlled lighting and curtains and a large tile floored bathroom with separate bathtub and shower. We found the king size bed and pillows to be very comfortable and the air conditioning at it's lowest setting, to be almost cool enough for us (we like our rooms cooler than most other people). We tried the casino and found it to have many different slot machines and various amount minimums. I don't believe any of the major strip casinos have a very good percentage on their Slots payouts. Go off-strip for better chances to win at the Slots. We did not try the table games. We also sampled the $39.99 dinner buffet, for which we had to wait in line only about fifteen minutes. The food was quite varied, with fresh seafood and all the crab legs you could eat, Asian food, Italian, which included pizza, Mediterranean, Tandoori, Latin, a carving station, American food, salads and sweets. It was quite good, but for the average eater, no great bargain. There is no coffee maker in the room, but there is an Aria owned Starbucks on the same floor (Promenade) as the buffet. Being Aria owned, it is only a dollar or two more than a regular Starbucks. The only negative comment I have is that the property is almost too big, it seemed to take us quite a while to get to our room from the front desk, or the casino.

Room Tip: You might want to ask for a high floor room, but not too far from the main elevators.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bostonrl
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Be sure to get a confirmation number on your invited guest offers, because they will not know who you are on checking in day. After several phone transfers and the person who help me was Maria at the invited guest desk. Thank you you saved that trip

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Darrin D
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Our trip was 4-9 August with all 5 nights staying at the Aria. We arrived at the Aria seeing a long check-in line, which I expected to see based on other reviews on TripAdvisor. It took about 20 minutes to get through -- almost all check-in areas were filled and there was a hostess helping to keep the line moving. Stephen, who checked us in, was very nice and took care of us when I told him we were there for my birthday. We got an upgraded room (50-140 - great view of the strip!) and chocolate covered strawberries sent to the room. About the room location - it was the second to last at the end of the hallway. We timed it and walking casually/slowly, it took 1 min 15 seconds. Not sure about others who said it was a super long walk to the end of the hallway. Maybe different floors are longer? It didn't bother us. About the room - no problems. It was a nice, quiet room, loved how you can hit one button and turn everything in the room off. I know people rave about the comfy mattresses. I prefer a firmer mattress so it was just o.k. to me. Oh - and because our flight home wasn't until after 5 pm, we got a late check-out of 2 pm, which I greatly appreciated!

One reason we stayed at Aria was because of it's central location. It was easy to walk to either side of the strip, or get a cab for not too much money. Also, I thought that because it's not a themed hotel, I didn't think others not staying there would visit it. This seemed to be a correct assessment. It seemed more lowkey than some of the themed hotels nearby and lowkey was perfect for us. We spent some time at the Cosmo next door also. It's a beautiful hotel but louder at night.

Concierge: Very friendly and nice. They made us reservations one night for Delmonico's (Emerils steakhouse at the Venetian -- VERY GOOD!) and didn't try to sway us into staying at the Aria for dinner. They also were great for suggestions on things to do, especially since it was my husband's first trip to Vegas and I haven't been there in a long time.

Food: We ate at the breakfast buffet the first morning we were there and it was a good spread. We also got slices at the Aria pizza place and twice had breakfast at the Aria Cafe. For dinner one night we ate at American Fish. I had the Lobster Pot Pie which was the best meal I had during this trip. Loved this restaurant! We also ate at Todd's English Pub directly next door and loved it. Stopped by here one night for a drink as they have happy hour specials after 10 pm. Great beer prices though my strawberry mojito was still $15. A little pricey but it was very tasty!

The casino was less smokey smelling than any other casino we went to (and we visited most of them along the strip). It was also less raunchy/busy than other casinos. If you're looking for a party scene, I'd go to Cosmo. The scene at the Aria fit our personalities more.

Due to seeing tips from other reviews here, we went to the nearby CVS for drinks/snacks to keep in the room and didn't touch the mini-bar.

Overall, it was a great trip. I'm glad we chose the Aria!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple