“Great Hotel But Could Use Some Coffee”

ARIA Resort & Casino
Ranked #15 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Niagara on the Lake
“Great Hotel But Could Use Some Coffee”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Great location near the center of the strip. Not a themed hotel so if you are looking for a nice place to stay without all the special effects this is the place. In most ways very similar to many better ranked four diamond flagged hotels I've stayed in... cleanliness was ok but not great. Very friendly and attentive staff. The casino is very tasteful and elegant, the pools are excellent, attached to shopping, you name it, its got it.... except in room coffee (at least not in our room anyway). For me there is something sort of special about having a coffee in the morning without having to leave or call for room service so it was a sorely missed amenity. We did get a good rate on the room so I'm not going to cry too much about it and I'm sure if we called down to request a coffee maker they would have brought us one (we just never got around to it). The value for money on this stay was pretty good... Overall I would recommend it as a good place to stay in Vegas... and yes there is a Starbucks on the concourse level to give you that morning jolt if you need it...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,391)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We had read so many reviews about Aria and other hotels on the strip before finally deciding on Aria and did not regret it. It was our first time in Vegas and from the moment we stepped in, we felt it was a great choice, great location (short of booking a room by the sidewalk, not sure how close to the strip people want to be, I'd hate to stay somewhere like Flamingo where one feels assaulted the moment you step out of the door), great room (even the basic room, mountain/pool view was beautiful) buffet was very good, great restaurant choices, service was friendly and attentive (really helpful conceirge), overall we thought it a very stylish hotel, Bellagio, Cesare's Palace seemed like 1940s glamour if you like that sort of thing. Not giving 5 because of a couple of niggles, pricey pool-side drinks, not quite spotless housekeeping, and they need better vent system for smoking rooms, but the whole thing is so lovely, you forgive certain small things and to be fair for their daily rates, it's value for money (though everything else is quite pricey, so expect to spend if you buy a lot in the hotel). Would definately stay again

Room Tip: Go for 20th floor upwards, sooo quiet.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 25, 2013

As it was our wedding anniversary trip the hotel upgraded us to the sky suites which made our stay truly amazing. The hotel itself gives a feel of a luxury. Everything is very new and fresh in comparison to some of the other "older" hotels on the Strip. The location is in the centre of the Strip with easy access to everything around. Coming back after the day of sightseeing or gambling is a true pleasure. If I was visiting LV again I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: Sky suites are true luxury
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Interesting hotel in the City Center Area of the Vegas Strip. This area is not for a family with kids. The pool Area is not that good so don't go and expect a swim or even a dip. The rest of the Hotel is fantastic. Great Casino. Good Eating Areas. Everything new and automated. In your room there is a master iPad like control that works lights, curtains, Tv, and Sound System. This is definitely a place for couples or a group of adults in for some R&R. I would definitely stay there again

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elevators. If you get one on the ends it is a pretty good walk
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Stayed here for hubby's birthday. I believe this was our 6th trip to Vegas in the last 5 years so we are a bit well versed in the various hotels on and around the strip. First off, location, location, location! This hotel sits in the heart of the strip in the middle of all the action and is perfect for easily getting aorund Vegas whether on foot or car. We enjoyed our city strip view which looked out onto the strip. We never wanted to close the drapes and slept a few nights with them open. Such a wonderful view we spent alot of time in the room because of this and really didn't leave to go out as much as we normally do in the evening.

The hotels is very large with lots of rooms so be prepared for the walk to and from the elevators depending where your room is located. The rooms are nice, high tech, and state of the art. The room is a decent size. The bathrooms are double vanity which is nice and has a jacuzzi.

The staff all are amazing. The front desk is very accomodating and check-in on a Friday night was shorter than I expected. Housekeeping...amazing!!! Very accomodating and did an excellent job with cleaning the room and organizing our things. I was very impressed it's like housekeeping got even better by the day. The only thing I would change was the ability to use the mini-fridge for storing things already purchased outside the hotel. I believe there was a note that said they would not remove items nor could we put anything inside the fridge. There was no microwave but they brought us one for use very quickly. Staff was just amazing.

The only on site restaurant we ate was the buffet which was average, not bad, some items better than others and much smaller and less selections than other strip hotel buffets. Lots of pools to accomodate most guests although a bit crowded but what can I expect in the middle of the summer in Vegas?

Casino is nice and hubby even won a couple hundred dollars. You cannnot smell any smoke though I don't know how they do it. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ATLGAPeach
NYC
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We decided to stay at the aria b/c of all the great things we heard. We had to be moved 3 times b/c they did not have the correct room that we requested. The service was not as good as other hotels on the strip. The only good thing was the blackjack tables. I went on a few really good runs :), however, this is not something the aria can only offer if you know what you are doing.

The concierge put us on the guest list for the club at the hotel. We arrived at the club around 12:30 AM only to find out that the guest list closes at 12:00 AM. They were rude at the club and told us to wait in line and pay the 30 dollar cover charge. We walked away and were extremely upset. At a minimum the concierge should have told us to arrive before midnight to get in using the guest list.

The pool was nice, but the drinks were horrible. They did not know how to make a mai tai...Their pina colada was not right. Seemed like they over did the pinapple in the pina...

The hotel looks amazing and the room was nice, however, the touchscreen functionality was not all that. It took so long to do something, and the touchscreen wouldn't move so you had to be on one side of the bed to reach it. We bailed on even using this and just used the buttons on the walls.

Unfortunately, I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: The corner suit was nice, but not worth the extra money. They are only at the ends of the halls so...
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed July 25, 2013

The hotel was beautiful and has great amenities. I must also complement the Bell staff, each and every gentleman I encountered was friendly and helpful. However, the rest of the staff leaves a lot to be desired. I went for a business trip. When our reservations were made, we had to send two credit authorization forms to ensure we would not be required to present a credit card. Upon arrival, we were asked for a credit card to pay. I advised the young lady, Katie, of the situation. She was rude and demeaning, so I requested to speak to her supervisor. I was horrified by the attitude taken by the supervisor, Norema. In addition, the housekeeping staff entered my room while the privacy sign was lit on three separate occasions without knocking. Half the lights in my room did not work properly. I had to personally fix the shower head in by bathroom because it was installed wrong. The carpet in my room and in the hallways was filthy. I had expectations of better treatment and was very sadly disappointed. I feel because I am not an avid gambler, I was not seen as important enough to the snotty staff to waste their manners on! I visited several other resorts while in Las Vegas and received much more positive and friendly service. If you are planning a trip to Las Vegas, I would recommend the Bellagio or Cesars Palace!
Carrie W.
West Virginia

Room Tip: Don't book at this resort. If you must stay with the same chain, try the MGM Grand!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
ARIAResort, Manager at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Hello Carrie,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding you recent stay with ARIA. We are very sorry that we did not meet all of your expectations during your time with us & for the negative experience during check-in. We work very hard to provide an outstanding experience to all of our guests & we missed the mark in this situation. We would also like to thank you for the kind words regarding our Bell Staff! Your feedback is very important to us as it helps us to maintain the high standards ARIA is know for.

Thank you again.