“Beautiful rooms and so tech savvy”

ARIA Resort & Casino
Ranked #14 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Beautiful rooms and so tech savvy”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Rooms are modern and very tech savvy. If you are into this stuff you will be impressed. Location is great and meeting facilities top notch. Food outlets are pricey (but that's Vegas). Sports book is tiny, there during march madness and it was a joke. Tip:cvs around corner for bottled water etc.

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Lisa P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,327)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stayed here recently for a business function. The rooms were unique with high tech features such as the ability to open & close the curtains, change room temperature and adjust the room lights with either the television or an I-pad like device that doubled as a bedside clock. The bathrooms were spacious with granite countertops and tile floors. The room was kept very clean by the friendly housekeeping staff. They have a large Spa & fitness center plenty of cardio, free weights and Cybex machines that all face one of the very large pools. The food prepared by the hotel was better than what you would expect by a hotel, our group was over 1700 people and meals were delivered hot and flavorful. The event staff was very helpful and was instrumental to our successful week long meeting. I would highly recommend this hotel for the business event or the leisure traveler, if your going to Las Vegas you must consider Aria

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank 729
Oyster Bay, New York
Reviewed May 26, 2013

On a recent birthday celebration trip to Las Vegas, we were blessed to have stayed at the Aria. I'm not much for glass and chrome and from the outside that's what the Aria looks like. But inside- completely different- I was completely surprised. From check-in to day of departure, we were treated very well by everyone- from first class bars and restaurants to the great pool that provides both shade and sun- we had an excellent time! I loved walking through the grounds early in the morning to look at all of the artwork that is displayed in either shop windows or about the grounds. A map is available from the front desk that will provide a self guided tour of the art that is located all over the grounds.
One of the best features of Aria is that you don't have to walk for two hours to get anywhere- it's right on the strip if you want to stroll or there is a monorail that will take you from Bellagio to the Aria to the Monte Carlo and back again- for free. Even inside the hotel things are easy to get to.
The rooms were very nice- new, modern. and clean. Pretty high tech- so I let my "mad Russian" handle all the electronics. There was a "clock" in the room that controlled all of the lighting and the motorized blackout curtains. Our view looked west toward Red Rock and we had great sunset views. We never saw the cleaning staff but when we arrived back at our room, all was made perfect again. The Shower/Tub combination was cool- set inside a glass enclosure, the shower and tub were alongside one another. One morning, we filled the tub after a workout and watched an episode of Larry David on the ipad- just because we could...
The restaurants located in Aria were unbelievable- we ate at Todd English Pub, Julian Serrano, Cafe Vettro, and American Fish- (see reviews posted). All were great and the service provided was excellent. If you want to have a great meal, start right in your Hotel/ Casino if you're staying at the Aria.
On our trip to the pool, we were met by a friendly young girl who after seeing the fair skin of my lovely date, and my olive skin, found us a spot at the pool that provided a little shade for her and a lot of sun for me- right next to each other! A note about the bar service at the pool, don't be shocked when you get the bill for the first round of two drinks, and it's $51-- to be fair though, the drinks were in big cups (that you get to keep) and the drinks were delicious-- she had a skinny cosmo and I had a mojito.
All told, I was very pleased with this resort and casino- and I look forward to coming back again- In a town that has everything, the Aria really shines!!

2 Thank Royman32
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Visited Vegas for the first time and once you get out and start exploring some of the other hotels you realise just how modern nice the Aria is. Make sure you ring up and try to get a discount directly with the hotel. We ended up getting 20% off just by pointing out that it was cheaper to book via one of the online hotel booking websites.

There are a few good restaurants, the Spanish tapas one in particular was very good as was the buffet.

The three swimming pools had hundreds of lounges available although on the Saturday by lunchtime they were all taken so get in early.

There were two big disappointments when we stayed though. One was when I lost my room key one day and was told to wait in line at the VIP counter by one of the staff as the normal check in queue had a long line. The woman behind the desk could see I'd been waiting for 10 minutes to be served and then called someone else over from the main check in queue and argued with me that I was in the wrong area to get a new room card cut even though she clearly heard one of her co-workers tell me to wait there! I had to forcibly get her to do a new card up for me which took her a whole of 3 seconds. Not impressed that she was just out to prove a point and gave me attitude and tried to tell the other people she called over that I had pushed in when I'd been waiting there all the time. They should have an area just for existing guests if that's the case.

The second was one day neither our room nor my sisters room had been cleaned by housekeeping. We came back at 5pm and the guy was only halfway through so we asked if he could come back when we went out again for dinner. He didn't so at midnight I had to call to get fresh towels. On a second occasion I had to ring again to ask for new drinking glasses as these had not been changed. It was also annoying that there was no complimentary drinking water as the water out of the taps tasted disgusting. They give out free bottles at the gym so if you want to save spending $3 a bottle from the minibar head down there instead. For a fancy hotel and resort I don't think a couple of bottles of drinking water is asking too much.

The best experience we had at the hotel was by the guy who came to take our bags down when we checked out. He ensured we'd taken everything and was so friendly and helpful. They should put people like him on the front desk instead! He helped compensate for the other woman with the bad attitude.

Room Tip: Ring directly to get a discount - tell them it's cheaper to book through a booking website
3 Thank Clea700
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I stayed at Aria with my best friend to celebrate her 'milestone' birthday. The lobby is very pretty, the rooms are modern/contemporary and very sleek and clean. The beds were comfortable and the room service was quick and efficient and everything was hot. The resort is newer, so it did not smell smokey at all. The services provided and the restaurants and bar selection was very nice. We enjoyed that it was center strip so it was very easy to get to other venues such as Cosmopolitan, Planet Hollywood, Paris and Bellagio.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank wenpar
florida
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Great location and excellent rooms! Friendly staff, great restaurants and a great value for your money. Never stayed at Aria before, but I will recommended to my friends and I will stay at Aria again. If you want a great Hotel in the best Vegas location, this is the best choice.

Room Tip: Great rooms
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Maria33326
Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We are in our 50s and finally decided to try Vegas as part of a trip to Utah national parks. After much searching and information overload we landed on the Aria and it turned out to be a fantastic decision for our 3 nights in Vegas

Booked a May trip in Feb/March and got a upgraded city view room for $135/night (plus $45 in tax and resort fee) which wasn't bad for the first week in May (it seems if conventions are taking up lots of rooms in town then the room rates jack up quickly....the first week in May is busy convention time)

Walking in from the self park is a bit confusing, now I know you always have to schlep thru the casino with your luggage in most places. The only hassle was checking in, but the place has 4000 rooms so there were 10 to 15 staff checking people in so the line took about 20 to 30 minutes.
the room on the 21st floor was far from the elevator which was fine for us because it meant less traffic, we don't like lots of noise in the halls when sleeping, although we did get awakened the first night from some blood curdling screams at 4:30am, I called security but heard nothing further about it....so hopefully it was nothing.
The room is big enough, all remote controlled including the drapes, huge bathroom with a tub (can't remember if it was a whirlpool tub, we didn't use)
One complaint is the 'free internet - (not really free you still pay $25/day for a resort fee) is sloooow, much slower than you are used to but I refused to pay another $15 day for faster service. we made it work and weren't using that much, plus could use our smart phones via AT&T most anywhere also.

The staff is over the top friendly, from security to the maids to everyone else, casino workers at craps tables were all amoung the most engaging I have been around. We are not 'big' gamblers but 'when in Rome' so I played craps every day for 2 to 3 hours but played conservatively and had a blast...also left for home with a little bit of profit which is always nice.

We used the pool, pretty nice but nothing stunning, we didn't eat in the hotel, too much to do and see in vegas for our first time to hang that much in the hotel. Prices at the pool are pretty high, but in Vegas you get numb to the high prices, large diet coke $9, mixed drink $14, pitcher of mixed drink $48, hamburger $15...we prefered to drive 5 minutes to in-n-out burger for a fantastic value and tasty lunch for $11 for 2 people.

i did stand in a 20 minute line each morning to get 2 starbucks since there is no coffee maker in the room. Lines don't really affect me now since i can check email and text while waiting. We checked out the buffet menu. The prices for the buffer seemed fairly reasonable, they have a breakfast, lunch, dinner buffet option (different times)
We did not go to the Cirque show here, not Cirque fans (seen the Orlando version once) especially for the price. Not into paying $125 to $175 per person for that type of show. We got discount tix for $40 each for Vegas, the Show and that was fine and better than that Cirque chinese acrobat stuff (to us)

using self park was very easy, although it is a 10 minute walk thru the casino its simple to get in and out from this area of the strip, very close to i-15

But we really like it here, lots of security, the crystal mall is a buffer to keep the honkytonk of the strip further away, total customer service even at 5am, and we will be back.

Room Tip: try the mountain/pool view - don't pay extra for a city view.
1 Thank easyrider_1234