“The rooms have a fantastically new feel, seem technical”

ARIA Resort & Casino
Ranked #15 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Wyoming
“The rooms have a fantastically new feel, seem technical”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I was surprised when entering my room to see the curtains open and lighting turn up. The controls throughout the room are elaborate - a techie could go hog wild here. The guest elevators are not too far from the lobby. The British Pub just outside the lobby is great, and the restaurant breakfast was above average. I was here for a conference, and the layout of the casino, guest rooms and conference center were quite easy to navigate. The exercise room was huge, and had great equipment.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,391)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

I attended a conference at the Aria Conference Center. The hotel room was just beautiful- very modern. I liked the shower/tub area and it had excellent water pressure. I was on the 15th floor and had very little street noise. The only issue I encountered is that I was originally given a room where another occupant had been smoking. I reserved a nonsmoking room, and the inventory showed that my room was a nonsmoking room, but the smell of smoke was strong. They wanted me to check out, stand in another long check in line, and take another room. I just told them no- that I would be waiting in the room while they re coded my current keys to a non smoking room, and then I would go to that room directly. I was tired and not doing that line again. They did as I asked, showing that if you push back against unreasonable requests, sometimes it works out!

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia, Usa
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Aria Resort is one of the BEST in VEGAS. The service is excellent everywhere you are in the resort. The location is just fantastic, you are close to most atractions in the strip. Food and beverages are really good.
I could spend the whole day writing about this incredible place. I personally recommend this place to everyone.

Newton, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I've been coming to Las Vegas for around 25 years and stayed in all the old time classics. This April I stayed in the Aria for the first time. I was very impressed. A beautiful property in a convenient location on the strip. It's practically brand new and very well maintained. Everything is very tastefully done. Best of all are the rooms. It's a marvel of technology. Through the TV I set it so that at 7 AM the TV turned on to NBC so I could watch the today show, the curtains opened, the light by my side of the bed turned on and the room temperature came back up. Cool!! I'd love to see this in other hotels. The AC system was pretty decent too and the fan could be set to on all night Yeah baby! That's the way I like it. (Of course in the super-hot Summer I don't know if it will perform as well.)

The only negatives for me were that I've seen better movie options in other Las Vegas hotels (not a big deal but an easy fix), and, something else you see elsewhere in Vegas too but which drives me nuts -- there's no coffee maker in the room. You're forced to go downstairs to a bar or to Starbucks. Not the end of the world but just not as convenient as I think it should be and is at practically every other hotel in the country. Put a Keurig in this hotel room and it's the perfect Vegas room as the bed was just right (not too hard)-- I hate a hard bed) and there was no noise from adjacent rooms (also very important to me).

Finally, and this was the straw that made me limit the rating to 4 instead of 5 stars -- I needed some toothpaste, I went down to the Sundry store in the hotel and found out it cost $8! For a medium sized tube of toothpaste. Sure, there's a CVS on the corner of the hotel by the Strip but really? They have to stick you for a travel necessity like toothpaste? That's the one and only real downer in an otherwise excellent stay.

By the way, I had no problem checking in midweek around 1 PM but I did see, later in the week, long lines at registration that had people upset (not uncommon in Vegas though).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank scannermaster
Merimbula, Australia
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We arrived at about 11pm to the Aria hotel. First they tell us they don't have the King room we booked available in a non smoking so we have to settle for 2 queens but all the staff were nice at check in and check in was quite speedy at that time of night (no huge line ups like in the day).
We got to our room after a 150m walk from the elevator which would normally be ok but my partner badly sprained his ankle and was having trouble walking so it was quite a hassle.
After unpacking some of our stuff in our room i noticed that our toilet was not cleaned from the previous stay so i called the front desk and they said just call house keeping so i called them and they said it would be a 30min wait which at this point i told them to come tomorrow morning and clean it.
Because of my partners ankle i went to get ice from the ice machine which at that time of night has run out of ice so i call front desk and they say they can't help me but i may get some through room service which will probably charge for it.
At this point i was quite annoyed with the service but it now being 12pm i just went to bed.
Next day we leave and see the sights of vegas so house keeping can clean our bathroom properly. We get back that night only to see that house keeping did nothing but put fresh towels in our bathroom and give us a toilet roll because there wasn't one on there the day before when we checked in. We were going to see a show that night so i didn't make it to the from desk but the next morning we spoke to a lovely girl who gave us a $75 food and bev credit and made sure they cleaned our bathroom. This time the bathroom was immaculate which was nice for the last night of our stay.

Food and Bev

The drinks were overpriced everywhere in the hotel especially by the pool.

The cafe vettro was very expensive for a basic breakfast and so were drinks like coffee and juice.

The Sirio Italian restaurant was lovely. Good value and great red wine. The service was amazing. I highly recommend it.

Javiers mexican restaurant was amazing. Great food, service and wine. Amazing decor in restaurant.

Jean Philippes was the yummiest and cheapest way to do breakfast in the Aria. Great coffee and food.

Might not stay at the Aria again because it my eyes its 4 star so save your money and just book a 4 star hotel to begin with.

Room Tip: Near the elevator or with a view of the strip