“Sparkling Clean and Hi-Tech”

ARIA Resort & Casino
Ranked #14 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Danbury, Connecticut, United States
“Sparkling Clean and Hi-Tech”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

The Las Vegas strip has no shortage of AAA hotels and resorts, and the Aria is comfortably among the best. From its sweeping entrance with enormous soothing waterfalls to its soaring lobby, the hotel is welcoming from the very start. My room felt very spacious (room 21066) but had only a moderate view of the Guggenheim-like Crystal shopping center below, the strip, and the mountains off in the distance. The room itself though sparkled, the modern decor felt trendy and luxurious. But what stood out to me the most was the room tech which reminded me of some Crestron systems I've seen in homes. A master on switch next to the door turns all the lights on, and a "goodnight" switch next to the bed turns everything off... including the window shades and TV. A touch screen next to the bed also controls everything in the room. The king-size bed was very comfortable; I slept soundly.

Aria also has lots of glitzy restaurants, though I wasn't terribly impressed with any of the ones I tried. I ate at Blossom, Javier's, and the Buffet. The service was good at all of them, but the food was only moderately good. Jean Phillipe's does serve up some nice French pastries for breakfast or dessert.

I finally used the swimming pool complex on my last day, and the kids enjoyed the pool with fountains. The area was very clean, nicely landscaped, and well-served by pleasant staff members. The bathrooms were among the cleanest I've seen for the typical bath house. Compared to other pool areas I've seen on the strip, though, I'd say Aria's is a bit plain vanilla. No waterfalls, slides, islands, etc. Just a few basic pools. Still, a pleasant area to relax in Nevada's warm sunshine.

Room Tip: room 21066 is handicapped-accessible, which made for an extra spacious bathroom. It doesn't, ho...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,282)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I left my MasterCard in the portfolio with a signed receipt at the Lobby Bar at the Aria..... Never did I expect to have it returned.......... Not only was it returned, there were NO ADDITIONAL charges on the card.. Thank You Aria staff.

The lost credit Card was in addition to a wonderful stay....

Room Tip: When you do get your room. Take the time to program your room to awaken you. You will never forget...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Bill B
Phoenix, Arizona, Usa
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Gotta check out Liquid Pool Lounge.
Haze was way too packed but good music, gotta get there early to avoid the line. lounge bars arent very exciting. The interior is very nice, a great place to bring your significant other. We went as a group of guys and had fun but the the highlight of the weekend was the pool (Liquid).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank J M
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 18, 2013

This was my 3rd trip to vegas, I decided to book Aria as it was very well priced and had received good reviews. Once we got there I realised I had made the right choice, the hotel is very modern, open and airy with amazing rooms. The in room technology is great, everything can be controlled from touch screen computer!

There are many restaurants to choose from, we ate in a few and the food was amazing! The sushi bar in the shopping centre is worth a visit. The food is reasonably prices but the drinks are very expensive. Our bill for 4 people came to $350 (only $100 was food!)

The staff couldn't be anymore helpful, hats off to them!

Would stay here again!

Room Tip: try and get one close to the elevators!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AChohan
Houston
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Hubby and I went for our first trip together to Las Vegas. Arrived during the weekday at the hotel. Valet was very helpful. Check in was quick - not a lot of people. Asked for a high floor, non smoking king bed room. We got a room on 28th floor. As soon as we walked in, the curtains opened and TV turned on. The room came with this iPad like thing that controlled everything electrical in the room. It took me day 2 to figure how to just turn off TV. Loved the iPad remote control- makes one lazy- love it!! The room was spacious and clean. Loved the soap/shampoo/body wash/ moisturizer. It smelled good. Because I have back issues, I can only sleep on firm beds else with wake up with back pain. The bed felt soft but was firm if that makes any senses. It was super comfy and I loved the pillows- so soft. The house cleaning staff were really nice - I think it helped that we left small tip every day. Our soaps were always refilled. The hotel is huge- wear comfy shoes. The decor is very clean looking, modern, beautiful. We walked through the lobby of Bellagio, Cosmopolitan, Caesar's Palace, Paris, and felt that Aria surpassed all in beauty- fresher smelling lobby ( not smoky), clean, well light, large space with lots of slot machines. Also the margaritas served during our time playing slot machines was generous in alcohol and tasted great- larger glass than Caesar's and Paris hotel.
There's a backery called Jean Phillipe right next to the guest elevators. U must try their almost croissant - a buttery, flaky, almond butter piece of heaven. We ate that every day- I am still dreaming about it.
Upon check out, we asked if they could waive the resort fees since we didn't use those amenities - they said no. Strange since I read other reviewers got theirs waived. Please remember those fees add up- $112 for 4 nights which is high, especially if u don't use the amenities and to charge tax on resort fees seems a little too much for me. Also, upon check out, they tried to charge us for two Fiji bottles of water which we did not use. I have to say an issue I had with the room was that there was this loud popping noise every 3 hours which woke me up. At first I thought a bird flew into the window since it scared the crap out of me the first time. But I watched the windows and no birds. I have no idea where that noise came from. The view from our room was beautiful. I appreciated the front desk being able to accommodate our requests. The only other issue I had was that I started breaking out really bad from buttocks to ankles. I was so itchy every day and had red bumps/welts on my skin, especially my legs. I don't know what is was. I put lotion on every night to alleviate the itching. At first, I thought bed bugs but the hubby didn't have any issues that I had. But of course, being a man, he is hairy and if I was a bug or flea- that would take too much work. We have been home and the itchiness has gone away. I don't know what caused the itching- maybe the body wash and dry skin?

The one thing I really liked is that this hotel didn't smell like cigarettes. It actually smelled clean with a slight flower scent. For people who are allergic to smoke, u will appreciate this when u visit the older hotels that reeks of smoke.

If we are to return to LV, we might stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ch C
Los Angeles, California, Usa
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Aria has THE MOST COMFORTABLE bed and pillows in the world. I sleep better there than even in my own home. The service was incredible - everyone is incredibly nice and accommodating. The rooms are great but you won't spend much time there as there's so much to do. Love it!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jinga34
Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stayed at ARIA last November and it was very comfortable and clean. Staff at the front desk weren't very helpful, but they were efficient at check-in . Great location on the strip. Ate mainly at Vettro and our servers were very nice and the prices were reasonable. We also dined one night at Lemongrass and it was delicious. All-in-all, a very good experience and I would recommend staying here at least once. Not as crazy crowded as the other strip hotels.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple