“Good but not great” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Good but not great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed for a birthday trip with friends, the hotel is very modern, room was as expected though the beds are worth a mention, absolutely excellent comfort. Not blown away by the eating options at the hotel, there doesn't seem to be enough capacity to cope. No obvious option to get a quick drink or bite to eat, unlike other strip hotels which seem to have many options, also no real good bars at the hotel, found ourselves always being out anywhere other than the hotel. That said the pool area is very good and we enjoyed relaxing there during the day. Overall it was good but will probably try somewhere else next time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,237)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sparks, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is my second stay at the Aria and I love it even more then the first. The staff is so friendly and helpful with anything you need. The room was very nice...completely up to date in all aspects. Being on the strip and in the location it's in makes it so accessible. All you have to do is walk out the front door and you're on the strip. It's also connected to other properties via a tram system which makes it so easy to visit the other places.
Will be back for sure!

Room Tip: the higher the floor you're on the better the view! Ask for a room as high as you can get it!
1 Thank divetravlr
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I had a great stay, the room is great, the location is great. I don't review much on here but I forgot some of my stuff in the room and the hotel's lost and found department were a great help and got my all my stuff back in no time. Really appreciated this and it saved me a lot of time and money.

Room Tip: Great view of the strip on one side but have seen the mountain view from the other side and that'...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

As a long time Vegas visitor who has stayed at most of the big names along the strip, we were excited to try out a newer player in the field. We had a beautiful suite with a great view of the City Center and the strip. The room was very high tech with a master control that handles all the lighting, blinds, temp, etc. Beautiful bathroom and bed was terrific. The check in process was good but that is where it ended. I have NEVER been in a casino with such boring, non interested dealers, wait staff, patrons, in my life. This casino had NO energy. The dealers bordered from non responsive to out right rude. It was like they were doing us a service taking our money. Many of the servers just went through the motions. When I pay $15.00 for a drink, please ask like you appreciate my business!There was no live entertainment in any of the lounges. There was a piano in the View bar but no one playing. I asked when the music starts and was told never. The piano was being taken out...Why? Had great meals but service in Julian Serrano's place was slow. We enjoyed our stay but will not be back. The Bellagio or Wynn just do things better. If you are going to pay high class prices, you should feel and be treated in a high class manner. Its funny, we went to the Bellagio for a drink and met a person in the bar that was also staying at the Aria and she mentioned the EXACT same things we did....

Room Tip: Corner suites are beautiful
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Garland, Texas, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

My friend and I stayed in this hotel and enjoyed it. We got adjoining rooms, which were wonderfully decorated. The casino smoke smell wasn't that bad when passing through. The hotel has wonderful technology tied into the tv that controls everything in the room. The staff was helpful and friendly. One of the restaurants was open all night for late night food. We enjoyed out stay and look forward to going back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

We are a couple in our mid 50's and traveled to Las Vegas February 12th - 16th for Valentines Day. This was our first time staying at the Aria. First off let me say that although this is suppose to be a strip hotel it is not, its is about 2-3 blocks off the strip. They offer strip view rooms for a premium but we were upgraded free of charge. Their strip view rooms do not have a good view of the strip because you are back off the main drag and there are other taller buildings all around you so you can get a distant view but if you plan on sitting in your room watching the neon on the strip you will be very disappointed as we were. We booked thru Southwest Vacations and took Bell Trans for the shuttle service. All the shuttles drop you off at the back of the hotel and you walk thru the underground parking area which we thought was tacky. We arrived at noon and were able to check in right away, we booked a basic room but inquired about a strip view and they offered us one at no additional charge. The 1st room we were given was 29106 (29th floor) we opened the door and the curtains opened automatically, the lights came on, so did the TV and music started to play. The problem was the room was not as pictured on their web site at all! The bed spread was gray nylon, and completely snagged. There was a Birthday Party balloon from the previous guests still in the room, the carpet had not been vacuumed, there was stuff missing from the mini bar and the glass's were dirty. My fiancé called down stares and they said they could not move us as nothing was available. I called about 10 minutes later after we talked about it and got a very nice person (Becky) who moved us with no problem. The new room 30164 (30th floor) was a whole lot nicer décor in browns as pictured on the web site and clean. The only problem with this room was the control thing. The would try and turn on the TV and the curtains would open, tired the lamps and the TV turned on nothing worked like it should of. We kind of got a laugh out of it after a while, but the worst was trying to turn off the TV as noting seemed to work. Its a nice concept as you have the control right next to the bed but again nothing worked right and it was frustrating. We ate at the Steak House Restaurant. He had a steak $62.00 and I had a 8oz Lobster $65.00, baked potatoes were $12.00 each (nothing comes with the main choice of meat/seafood everything is extra). Pepsis $4.50 each. They did serve a bread basket with 4 different breads that were very good, and the service was amazing but you pay for it. Our bill was just short of $200.00 and that was not including a tip. The food was very good but was over priced. If you go be sure to dress up, I only brought jeans and felt very out of place. We also ate at the Buffet for Breakfast $40.00 for the two of us. We got there at 10 and breakfast was over at 11am so they also had some lunch items out before we left. I really enjoyed the buffet salad station (they create a big salad for you with your choice of stuff), and there were other things I really liked, I am not a big meat eater and enjoy trying new things, however my fiancé is a all American meat & potatoes man and did not like the buffet at all as he felt it catered to, too much ethnic stuff and not enough American breakfast items. We also tried pastries at Jean P~ he got an éclair and I got a Strawberry Lemon Cup Cake and both were amazing $14.50 for the two things. Over all I really liked the Aria my only complaint was the distance from the strip walking wise and the lack of a nice strip view. I don't think we would stay here again because of this.

Room Tip: There are no rooms that offer a clear view of the strip
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank cwondrasek
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

My husband and I booked a trip to vegas, decided to stay at the Aria hotel... WOW!!! so glad we did! The lobby was amazing.. so much to look at! The service was outstanding... our guest service agent checking us in was Leah (liah)?.. Leah if your reading this, you made our trip one of the most unforgetable experiences ever!! She upgraded us to a suite which was breathtaking.. the view was something that cannot be explained. The Casino was huge! and the restaurants were beyond fantastic.. We will definitley be back and we will most definitely recommend this hotel! Thanks so much for making our anniversary one we will never forget. See you next year!! Love Tammy and Scott Frederick.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple