“New and Hip”

ARIA Resort & Casino
Ranked #18 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Being the newest and hippest place in Vegas, i was excited to see Aria. I was disappointed with the interiors of our room,because it didn't match the coziness and appeal of the lobby. There was no WOW factor, very ordinary and functional. There are no complimentary bottled water or the usual coffee and tea station. Toilet amenities doesn't even cover the basics. I can't get quite the view of our room, since it is at an angle facing the strip and the other wing of Aria.

Our room was dusty, and we even found a bottle cap left by the previous occupants well exposed at the lounge chair. We stayed for 5 nights but our bed was only turned once. Having said this, i still commend their beds, because its the softest and silkiest bed i have experienced in a hotel. Love the centralized control panel for TV, lights, and curtains on my night table. The restaurants in the hotels were a variety, making it easier for us to dine according to our preference. The Jean Philippe cafe/bar is aptly located beside the guest elevator making it accessible for a quick grab of breakfast or take-out to bring to our room. The American Fish Restaurant is divine. Being an artist, i love that there are sculptures and galleries strewn around Aria and the City Center. Best of all, their lobby smells of vanilla.

Room Tip: As always Vegas Hotel's are humongous, with long walks to the elevators, entrances and exits. Ma...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (24,613)

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I have stayed at the Mirage, MGM Grand and the Wynn but this hotel beats them all hands down, from the reception to the pool, casino, rooms and bars the hotel shouts quality all the way through. The staff were great always had a smile and always polite and only too willing to help they were a credit , I have been to Vegas six trimes and thought I had seen most it had to offer abut this hotel and the City Centre Complex is just amazing and i would highly recommend it to anyone looking for the WOW factor.. A lit tip try the Todd English PUB or Public Urban Bar as they like to call it btween 3pm and 6pm they serve good food and great beer (wanted a decent pint after 3 days drinking BUD) which is mostly half price between these times.

3  Thank Peskypete
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

This hotel has highs and lows but overall almost as good as it gets in Vegas baby!

Ups.
Room is outstanding. As you walk in the curtains open. The whole room is controlled from a panel by the bed. It has every creature comfort you will ever need. Bathroom to kill for!

Location is just fabulous. Right in the middle of the strip. Could not be better located.

Hotel bars and restaurants are all good ( Vegas overpriced but expected)

Downs

Check in really long lines and slow. Expect 30+ min wait

Casino. Can I sell you some light bulbs. Very dark and dingy for a modern casino. No daylight anywhere on ground floor.

Taxi lines. OMG. Not funny.

Been here twice now and yes I am going back.

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank Neil L
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We booked a "corner suite" at high floor level in Aria Resort & Casino, which is much more pricey than a standard room or deluxe room, in expecting of a wonderful view as the website shows. However, on arrival we were arranged to a 5th floor corner suite, which is only a little higher than their shopping mall, so what you can see by the front would be the roof of the mall, and the tramway pass-by. We immediately went back to the front desk and insisted that we need to change another room if possible, after a long queue for almost 1 hour (yes their check-in process is a disaster!), they told us that it's not possible to change because all their corner suites were sold out. "There're only 2 corner suites per floor, you know." and they even said unless we want to downgrade our room to a standard or deluxe, which I don't know if she was just joking, without apology, without sorry or any compensation... Cold and indifferent, okay, I'm really disappointed, it's not the appropriate attitude and service that a "five diamond" hotel should have, next time I'll go to Mandarin Oriental or Wynn if I have the same travel budget.

Besides, the parking lot is toooooo far away, it takes more than 15 mins from the parking to hotel lobby, which means you have to pull your luggage from the car, walk in an up-and-down passage where is always crowded by passengers to the tram station, then you will enter the casino and walk for another 10 mins to the elevator... I would definitively be a nightmare if u have a large luggage to pull and suddenly find out you missed something in the car... well that's my true experience.

Good thing is that they accept check-out by TV, phone call or internet, which make it easier because I'd be definitively not willing to waiting in line for another 1 hour only for check out. Besides they have free WIFI connection, well I think we deserve to have it since they charged resorts fees as well, but we didn't have any chance to use their pool since it already took us hours for check-in.

Room Tip: Higher floors are much better
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vanelloppe
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We wanted to change it up this visit to Vegas and try somewhere new, have stayed in many of the bigger strip hotels but usually favour Elara (formerly PH Towers) or Planet Hollywood. We choose Aria based on being brand new and it's great location on the strip. Very lovely hotel- enjoyed the smell in the lobby, rooms were very clean and modern and the staff was very accommodating. Check in staff did our best to get our group in the same area of hotel even though we were an early check-in. The beds in this hotel are wonderful. So comfortable, best beds I've ever slept on at a hotel by far. Although our room wasn't strip view we had a nice view of some of the other big hotels.

We got a great deal on the price of our rooms on Expedia as a package deal with airfare. My only beef with Aria is that it can be very expensive to eat/drink there. Example: One day by the pool I ordered a diet coke from the bar, he poured me a fountain diet coke in a giant glass and charged me $10.81!! I think that is outrageous for fountain pop which costs pennies a glass. With that being said we did have great meals at Todd English Pub and Cafe Vetro that were delicious and well worth the money.

Overall I'd say our group had a great experience at Aria and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank CanadianMystique
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Aria for eight nights ending on the 7th October. Ok, the negatives;
We arrived at about 8pm on Saturday night. I was delighted to see there was no que for check in. However the lady that checked us in was really unfriendly, I was so dissapointed. She didn't smile or even say welcome. I felt like i was inconveniecing her. I was hoping we might get a nice view by mentioning it was my friends birthday during our stay but she didn't even acknowledge I had spoken. We were given a 5th floor view of the hotel enterance and the window was so dusty it actually obscured the view anyway.
There was a very rude staff member at the pool who actually shouted at me for not having my room key. I had left it in my bag by the pool as i had been there all day and I had gone in and out of the pool 4 times before without being asked for a key so I didn't know I needed one. Despite this security check a non hotel resident did his best to sell us timeshares.
Ok the positives, which are too many to mention them all! The rooms are lovely, amazingly comfortable beds, great bathrooms and best of all; quiet! All other staff were so nice, polite and a credit to the management. The buffet was great value with delicious food and amazing choice. The shop with super friendly staff, was very convenient, especially to buy a hotel suitcase to bring all the shopping back to Europe! Plenty of free sun loungers by the 3 pools. We Loved the English pub with outside seating and returned here many times to enjoy the warm welcome and warm weather. The casino is aimed at the higher end gambler. The poker room looked exciting, packed with players! I stuck to what I know best, the tables and slots. No. 7 never did come up so I will have to come back soon and try again! Would I stay at the Aria again?? I would hope the welcome would be nicer but I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Getmedown
Reviewed October 26, 2012

This hotel is faultless, from check in to departure, the staff and facilities are superb. Every member of staff will make you feel as though you are the only guest there, polite, helpful, friendly...

The room was large with a great view, the bed was exceptionally comfortable, spotlessly clean and in great condition. If I was to be really picky, i would say the shower was not powerful or hot enough for my liking but that was really the only thing.

The hotel is not quite on the strip but it is so close it really does not matter

2  Thank strawberryeater