“The only place to stay in Vegas”

ARIA Resort & Casino
Ranked #14 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Boston, Massachusetts
“The only place to stay in Vegas”
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Returning to Las Vegas after a four year break I was pleasantly surprised that the city didn't look like it should have if you believed the horror stories about real estate values there. Aria is a proof that's Vegas is moving upstream. To me the hotel is a perfect balance of location, luxury and "lasvegasness". Since I booked through the Priceline I couldn't specify what room I wanted at the time. When we finally arrived (took us an hour to wait in line for a taxi - can't they just expand that monorail service to the airport from the Strip?!), I told the front desk that we had an extra person with us and wanted a bigger room. We were oferred to purchase an upgrade to a corner suite. All the way up in the elevator and while walking to the room I thought that the price was kind of high until I opened the door: the only better view I had in Vegas was in Bellagio. To make a story short I got Aria almost by accident (my pretty low bid on Pricline got accepted!). I had to cancel my existing reservation to always very safe bet in vegas: Bellagio. No regrets. I would still consider Bellagio or Wynn for my future trips to Vegas but only if Aria is sold out.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank yurvlad

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,321)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 19, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel, the rooms were superb and the decor was fabulous, I could not fault the luxury of this hotel at all. My issues lie with the service and the atmosphere.

Atmosphere, well there was none, all the casino staff were miserable and for first time gamblers who didnt know how to play, we felt very intimidated at the tables. Besides this we noticed that in comparison with all the other hotels that minimum bets were extreamly high, and to top this at the weekend they increased. This led to us leaving the hotel every night to find alternative casinos with a little more excitement and a little bit cheaper for beginners.

I was also very disappointed with how the hotel treated gifts for our mothers birthday. We had ordered flowers to be delivered to our mother and fresh strawberries. The hotel wanted to charge us $10 to allow them to be delivered, needless to say when they realised we were not happy, this fee was waived but we were angry they wanted to charge us in the first place. The strawberries went missing and each department was blaming each other only to find they had been signed for and told that no-one was staying at the hotel under that name. They were found 2 days later unrefrigerated and all mushy.

The icing on the cake was to come back from a day trip to find the door to our room had been left open by housekeeping. After speaking to the supervisor, (who once again didnt want to accept responsibility by his department) his answer to this was to leave a comment on the comment cards in our room!!.

If you have lots of cash to spend and you are not bothered about atmosphere and helpfull staff then by all means book this hotel, it was luxurious and with views that will stay with you. However my advice for familes looking for an atmosphere and not to be ripped off is to stay further up the strip. This hotel came across as very money orientated, looking to make that extra $ anywhere it could.

Room Tip: Ask for a room above the 10th floor or you will get a view of a brick wall.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Laura M
The Woodlands, Texas
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Before, I was not inspired to stay in the hotel. The Aria’s “signature fragrance” (which I learned is lavender and vanilla) and the industrial feel (what do they have against fabric?) did not appeal to me. HOWEVER, Aria’s “M Life” casino services offered us great rate ($79) and we thought we would give it a try. Glad we did! Fast check-in, very friendly staff and attention to detail will have me coming back. The architectural elements alone are worth coming to see. I wished I had more time to spend in their workout facility and beautiful spa. The hotel’s location was very convenient – we walked more than we hired taxis. The fragrance became refreshing and the clean lines appealing.

I will agree with earlier review, the deli and buffet were crowded and expensive. Plan on going early and/or buying snacks at the CVS on the nearby corner. I strongly suggest making spa and dinner reservations before you arrive at the hotel. I can recommend Aria’s Blossom restaurant.

Compared to the other 5-star hotels on the strip we have experienced, the Aria’s deluxe king room seemed small and the view not the best. I will ask for a corner suite next time.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a corner suite if you can.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank GottaRun
Avon, OH
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Traveled to the Aria for my birthday in April. Is that the most important reason - NO! My wife and I love to gamble and the $5 slots are the greatest! Drink service on casino floor was outstanding.

We do pay some attention to the accommodations, dining, etc. but that is secondary to the gambling. I ordered a refrigerator upon arrival for medication, and it arrived at the room ten minutes after we did - and worked our entire three night stay. Express comps, free play, point play - all make the gambling experience even better. We stay at the Aria at least three times a year. Went to Jean Georges for steak on my birthday. Best steaks in town! Also, the waiter surprised me with a wonderful complimentary dessert. Used express comps for dinner and left a cash gratuity. Ready to book for five days in July!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Jerry M
Ferndale, Washington
Reviewed April 17, 2012

About the only negative I can say about this resort is it's tough to eat here. Alwyas packed small food service places and spendier than some at nicer places but it is not too far to a nice food court at a neighboring connected casino. The rooms are roomy and very nicely appointed. You can open curtains, turn on TV, adjust room temp. all from wireless controller at your bed table.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Hikestick
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed April 17, 2012

The hotel is really beautiful, and the rooms are new and high-tech. Everything was controlled by a control panel - TV, lights, blinds, thermostat, alarm clock. That was a neat feature once I figured it all out. It was nice to wake up to the blinds opening rather than the sound of an alarm clock. My 2nd room on the 12th floor was very nice and was roomy enough with a king bed, 2 sitting chairs, a desk and interesting bathroom setup.

The shower and tub setup is interesting with the shower next to the soaking tub inside of one big enclosure. The water pressure from the shower head was weak and I agree with another reviewer that the Aria bath products didn't foam up or rinse off well - especially in the shower.

The front desk did seem a bit clueless every time I spoke with them - at check in they couldn't find my reservation because my last name was spelled incorrectly and seemed annoyed with me that they had entered it incorrectly as part of a group reservation. When I had to move to a new room because my 1st room on the non-smoking 30th floor reeked of smoke and vomit - the front desk sent someone up with air freshener before they would move me to a new room (which they finally did at 11:30 at night when I INSISTED after a 1.5 hour process). Even when I did have to pack up and move the front desk didn't apologize, and didn't offer me anything for my trouble even though there were over 20 of us staying with them via my company. Odd service.

I did like the shuttle to the Bellagio because it was a convenient way to see the fountains there.

Food and drinks were RIDICULOUSLY expensive. I am not cheap when dining out, but these prices were just too much for me.

One small thing - the pool deck was very slippery. My friend nearly fell just walking from the pool to her beach chair one morning.

Not sure if I'll stay at Aria again when there are SO many other choices with good service and more reasonable food and room rates.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank EvieDTX
San Francisco, California
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Recently stayed 3 nights at Aria and have mixed feelings. I am puzzled by the number of “AMAZING” reviews.

First I’ll start with the pros:
• Beautiful modern architecture
• Warm and friendly front desk, concierge, and bell staff
• Stunning lobby and public spaces with impressive artwork
• Central Strip location
• Clean, spacious, and quiet rooms
• Comfy bed and nice linens
• Well-appointed room
• Awesome unlimited champagne brunch (Ruby provided EXCEPTIONAL service)

Cons (where to begin?)
• Cheap bathroom toiletries Jergens? Sauve? Kirkland?
• Rough, sandpaper-like towels - the bed linens are so nice? Why the disconnect?
• The highly marketed/promoted technology in the room – which takes several minutes to figure out – is complete overkill. Sometimes, it doesn’t even work and you can’t determine if it’s user error or the device. In my experience it was both. Motorized curtains are cool but the novelty wears off after a few uses. The lamp situation is laughable. It’s more convenient to flip a switch than to donk around with a touch screen when you need to turn on a light.
• The $28 resort fee is a complete insult! The Aria should simply bundle that fee into its room rates so the guest doesn’t feel like he’s being taken advantage of. While the Resort Fee covers use of the pools and fitness facilities, it also covers wireless and wired internet access among a few other items. The WiFi service was either extremely slow or completely unavailable many times throughout the property. Although we were made aware of the fee at check-in, little did we know that the WiFi service is available to anyone who walks into the hotel. Why are paying guests subsidizing free WiFi to any Tom, Dick, or Harry who walks off the street? Granted, it has to work first to be a free-bee. While I don’t have a problem paying for something that works, I resent having to pay for something that doesn’t work. The Aria did, however, refund the resort fees at my request.
• My iPhone (and everyone’s iPhone in my party) was rendered completely unusable throughout the entire property. I couldn’t text, phone, or email my travel companions from my room, the casino, the lobby, or elsewhere in the Aria building.
• There are NO docking stations in the rooms. The Aria website claims that guests are able to play their iPod/iPhone through the TV sound-system. This is misleading. The Aria fails to mention that a specialized cable is necessary. (That nobody owns.) Oh wait! The Aria offers the special cord in the “Technology Kit” in the In-Room Bar for $25. “How convenient.” If it smells like a rat… I’m glad I brought my own docking station with speakers.
• Outlets. There are few. And there were none near the bedside tables. The nearest outlet was across the room. I keep my phone near me when I travel so I can 1) use the alarm clock, 2) have easy access for incoming emergency calls, and 3) listen to streaming radio.
• $25 average wager on tables before they’ll go to any trouble to track your play.
• Rude bartender who, snarled that I need to play the max to get free drinks. Wow. Um hello I've been coming to Vegas for years. Thanks for the lesson Professor! I think he needs a vacation.

I want to convey that it’s not the staff. Except for a few grumpy dealers and that bartender, all the hotel staff was wonderful – everywhere! The check-out agent hoped we would return but I'm not sure - there are many many choices in Las Vegas.

Room Tip: Ask for a free upgrade.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends