“Nice long weekend in Vegas”

ARIA Resort & Casino
Ranked #18 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We had a nice long weekend with Aria as our home base. Great location on the strip. New, clean, modern hotel. Rooms were well appointed and comfortable. Great pool, gym and spa facilities (no extra charge as we paid a dailly resory fee). Casino was clean, plenty of tables to play on and not too smoky. Did not eat at any of the restaurants other than Jean Phillipe which was great for breakfast, cofee, etc.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jo00
Write a ReviewReviews (25,006)

Reviewed February 20, 2012

I don't gamble and prefer small boutique hotels. So my readers are probably wondering what I was doing in Vegas. Was there for the experience and at Aria I had it at its best. This place is sheer luxury. All appliances are state of the arts and actually work. Wireless available everywhere, high speed and no passwords... Rooms are gorgeous and probably the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in.
But for me the highlights were the pool and the spa. Pool is free access to hotel guests, heated water. Did not know you could actually swim outside and sunbathe in Vegas in february, but you can. The spa is magnificent (there is an extra fee to access it, but it's definitely worthy). So, when you're tired of slot machines and smoking gamblers, retreat to the salt room, the hot stone beds, or a more traditional jacuzzi overlooking the city.

Room Tip: of course, the higher you get, the better the rooms. I believe I stayed in a luxury room (that shoul...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank SteNYC
Reviewed February 20, 2012

The Aria Resort & Casino sets a new standard of luxury and excellence in accommodations, dining, casino play, and service. Our standard, King Size, nonsmoking room reservation got us a "standard" room (no complimentary upgrades were available) on the 35th Floor, with incredible views to the West, including gorgeous desert sunsets each evening. The amenities in the room, especially the nightstand control from your bed of the automated drapes, TV, Music, temperature, and lighting made the stay even more luxurious. Incredibly soft bed and pillows. The shower and deep bath tub combitation was unique and the bath robes added to the experience. The casino is also on par with the Bellagio, especially the complimentary name-brand drinks offered (and in full-size cocktail drink glasses - the same as if you orderd straight from the bar, yourself) while gambling. We ate a Jean Georges Steakhouse - not to be missed, either.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Cardinal3
Reviewed February 19, 2012

This was my third stay at the Aria. The first time was awesome. I booked the second trip based on that experience and in a prior review, I detailed why it was so truly horrendous, missing customer service pretty much at every level. After complaining in a letter, I was contacted by guest relations and they offered a complimentary three day make up stay. From check in, to the room itself, housekeeping and the overall stay, this trip was, like the first one, truly first rate. I stayed 2 nights at the Encore before moving over to the Aria so I was able to compare the two directly. I prefer the Aria for its central strip location, the technological goodies in the room and without a doubt, the bed is the most comfortable I have ever slept in at a hotel. The room is a good size, the bathroom is luxurious and the finishes throughout are contemporary and comfortable. I had a strip view room which was nice, although, having stayed on the non-strip side, it is just as nice to see the mountains in the distance. The Encore had higher ceilings so the room felt larger and I am used to nine foot ceilings in my home, so for me, the Aria's ceiling does feel a little low, but it is standard height. I will say, if the Aria is on its game with customer service, honoring the room requests and housekeeping is doing its job, it cannot be beat.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor room and be sure to ask how far from the elevator the room is because its a h...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank DBinYak
Reviewed February 19, 2012

I have stayed at Aria twice now. The first time in a junior suite, which was gorgeous; especially the bathroom. Sitting in the jacuzzi bath with a breathtaking view of Las Vegas was definitely a highlight of my trip. The whole suite can be controlled from a tablet in the bedroom or by buttons on the wall which control the curtains, lights and temperature.

The second time we stayed in a Sky Suite which was breathtaking. We had a three sides of views over Las Vegas. The place was so spacious, clean, modern and well designed I didn't want to leave! The hotel itself has everything you could want; decent a la carte restaurants, shopping, a fantastic spa and gym. Right next door is Crystals, which has every high end designer shop you could want.

We ate at the Italian restaurant twice. The service was good and the food was fantastic. We ate breakfast both in the downstairs restaurant and the buffet (they gave us $44 off the buffet every day with our Sky Suites booking, which meant on weekdays breakfast was free)

Everything has been thought of; from the bath salts, toothbrush and shaving kit in your bathroom to the well equipped desk. Good selection of movies and a fantastic room service, and if you want to sleep off the jet lag just press 'goodbye' and the whole room will be pitch black and silent within seconds. If you're out and exploring each day the hotel is in prime position, if you want to hole up in the room and relax the gadgets, decor and staff will make you wish you could move in.

Room Tip: We had a sky suite on the corner of the hotel which had amazing views from three sides.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank CatLady1990
Reviewed February 18, 2012

The Aria is a beautiful property and in a great location. We had a one bedroom sky suite and it was very large with 1 and 1/2 bathrooms. The master bath had a jetted tub, large shower, etc. The living area had a round table with chairs and a wet bar with sink and both a stocked refrigerator and one that was empty for our personal use. The decor was brown, so while it was nice to come back to a calm environment after being out and about, I think it was a bit too dark.
Our daughter (over 21) stayed in the living room area and 2 nights in a row, she was kept up by a crying baby in the room next door. If we had it to do over we would ask that they move us or the baby's family
The service was wonderful, everyone was friendly, and our room truly was a non-smoking room. It had no old musky smoke smell whatsoever. The lounge for the sky suites was great and the drinks and snacks were nice to have at hand.
The closest shops are Crystals and they are high end designers like Harry Winston. Not in our budget but fun to window shop.
We had a glitch in one of the shops in the hotel. My daughter bought some clothing and when we asked to charge it to our room we were told we were only authorized to use our card for our room. It took several minutes to straighten it out and was embarrassing. We, in fact, had given them our credit card upon check-in and it was a mistake on their end. That and the crying baby are why I knocked it down by a star in the rating.
Oh, and the Jean Phillipe patisserie.......incredible!

Room Tip: The one bedroom sky suites on the 51st floor are a quiet location and nice city view.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jill P
Reviewed February 18, 2012

This hotel has all the bells and whistles with great electronic features in the super clean room.The linens,bedding and furnishings were excellent quality. Nice size shower and soaking tub. The rooms were quiet but would have liked a fridge although the ice bucket was the best I have ever seen and kept the ice from melting all night!.The staff was super friendly and the location is great. Casino had a nice selection of machines and the sports book was comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo