“Nice Modern hotel in Las Vegas”

ARIA Resort & Casino
Ranked #15 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed January 26, 2012

This is a newish, modern hotel in Las Vegas. The hotel and its casino have more of a regular hotel atmosphere than other Vegas hotels that I've stayed in. This can be good and bad. Apart from the slot machines, it doesn't feel like Vegas within this complex. While this can be refreshing after spending a few hours on the strip, in some ways I enjoy the Vegas-like atmosphere in hotels like Ceasar's Palace and the Bellagio.

Rooms are well equipped with electronics, however there are no tea/coffee making facilities. The bed was very comfortable and overall the room had a luxurious feel without being over the top. We had a City View room, however I think it may not be worth paying the extra price for these rooms as the windows are very dusty. The view is ok, but not spectacular.

Overall, service was as expected at large Vegas casino hotels - obviously don't expect personalised service that you'd get from a boutique hotel. Front desk were polite and helpful.

However, it can be frustrating to arrive back at our room at 4pm and find the room hasn't yet been cleaned. On one day, we got back to our room late afternoon, the room still was not cleaned. We were getting dressed to go out that night when the cleaners arrived. We asked them to return in 10 mins. However when we arrived back later that night the room still was not cleaned. We had family staying in another room at the hotel that had the same experience. This needs to be improved. I think they are either understaffed or badly managed.

We used resort credit to eat at the buffet for lunch, as the other restaurants were closed at the time. I'm not a huge fan of buffets, however the food was quite nice.

Like most places in Vegas - be prepared for long walks everywhere!

Other than that, Aria is a good base in a relatively convenient location near the middle of the strip. I'd recommend for regular Vegas visitors and those who prefer a more regular hotel experience while still staying at a casino on the strip.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TheWasabiPea
There are newer reviews for ARIA Resort & Casino

Reviewed January 26, 2012

I'm not a fan of Vegas yet for some reason, the industry I'm in goes there all of the time. At least 20 times in the last 20 years. I've stayed at most of the "themed" hotels in Vegas and I'm just not into the fantasy. I prefer real marble, wood, and iron to plaster of Paris, veneer, and and styrofoam. Aria's different. It's what it is and not posing as something else. Surprisingly, the combination of concrete, glass, stone, fabrics, and wood - not what I would put in my own house - worked and worked well. Many boutique and trendy hotels have so much style that substance and functionality are completely lost. Irritating really. Aria was user-friendly and comfortable. My wife accompanied my on this business trip.

In the hotel, wear shoes that have at least partial rubber soles. No leather bottoms. As with most Vegas hotels, they are big and walks to get anywhere are unusually long. The highly polished stone floors make it hard to walk in leather bottom shoes. I attended meetings in the hotel and the journey from room to meeting room takes a while. Count on at least 10 minutes. Good news: security is tight. Attendants do a good job screening people going to the hotel's elevators and making sure it's registered guests only.

The room was smartly styled and as I said before, user friendly. Super-comfy bed. Most of the room's systems -drapes, TV, thermostat, lights - are controlled a pad next to the bed as well as by the TV using the remote as well as wall switches. Sounds complicated but it was really easy to use. We had a great view looking north with the lights of Rio blazing at night and the barren mountains to the northwest during the day.

The bellhop who brought our luggage was really helpful. Among other things, he told us to make sure anything we "removed" from the fridge couldn't be out of its slot for more than a minute or we would be charged for it. I had always wondered how much time one has with those devices. We didn't eat or drink much from mini-bar, very expensive, but my wife did pick up the "romance kit" which we put back in 30 seconds. Ahem, we had our own provisions. The bathroom was well-appointed, great towels. The commode had an opaque glass enclosure and door. The shower/bathtub was rather funky. A glass door leads to the shower and the tub is in the same enclosure deeper in the "bathing closet." Is to take a shower then jump into the bath? Or my wife could have been taking a bath at the same time I'm taking a shower? Or maybe I should take the bath and watch my wife take a shower. Oh, I get it now.

Yes, as with all Vegas hotels, from the lobby to your room, you have to walk through a smoke-filled casino. Gag. At the hotel, we had a snack at Chill's, dinner at Jean Georges (very expensive) and the breakfasts in the meeting room were quite good. Of course, the complex has many opportunities for shopping. Important to note that there is a train that connects with Bellagio. (Goes south too, don't remember where it goes.) Long walk to the train but much shorter than walking to the Bellagio. It is my understanding that the same company that owns Aria owns the Bellagio. A tour operator at another hotel said that Aria is losing massive amounts of money and its future is in question. I don't know about that. I do know that of all the hotels in Las Vegas, I actually enjoyed Aria. I don't drink or gamble - I'm not a fan of the shows - so enjoying the hotel is important.

So, if one must go to Vegas, Aria is an excellent choice.

6  Thank Pramstroker
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Was in town for a conference and stayed on property.

Pros:
Hotel room was easy to get to convention center.
Convention center was easy to navigate.
Convenient to get to Vdara, Cosmopolitan, Mandarin or Bellagio.
Check in/out quick and easy. Bell staff and bag retreival also quick and easy.
Free wifi in room.

Cons:
No AT&T or Verizon service on property. I mean zero. Had to go outside to phone.
Hotel room was small and understated for the money. The Venetian, or the Palazzo have mammoth rooms with all the same functions for the money.
Gaming area felt confined. The ceilings were lower than other casinos on the strip.
Smoke hung in the air. Didn't see many (or any) non-smoking gaming areas.

What else can I tell you?
Sports book was ok. Small for sure, but the lounge chairs are cool. Negative: can't order food while watching the games.
Skybox Grille has great buffalo wings.
Room service is prompt and got the order right.
The room has auto blinds and some other tech which was convenient.
The blackout shades don't exactly black out the sunlight - FYI.

On balance - I don't think I would stay here if I was paying. But for a convention center facility - it wouldn't be awful if they can resolve the phone issue. That - is a big reason to go with the Venetian.

Room Tip: 4th floor is where you have views of the roof. You want to be a bit higher than that.
Reviewed January 26, 2012

My best friend and I stayed here for a girls' weekend trip to celebrate a birthday. We both loved it! We were upgraded and had a lovely plate of massive chocolate covered strawberries and macaroons delivered to our room in honor of the celebration. It was a nice touch. We found the rooms very peaceful (given how loud and noisy Vegas can be!) and the decor was very relaxing -- made for an excellent night's sleep! Everything in the room is operated with a remote too - kill the lights, draw the drapes -- and we had a stunning corner view of the strip - it was the best. Granted the bathroom wasn't terribly spectacular...it was nice and I liked the glass and the separate toilets - but these types of amenities are de riguer these days in Vegas. I think the service, the peaceful setting, and the service made it great. I also like that they check "guest only" access to the rooms - you have to show your key card to get to the elevators. This is a pain, but then also prevents weirdos from coming up the elevators with you. I found the hotel extremely manageable -- as compared to walking miles and miles for an MGM room or Bellagio. I would defn stay here again - and it's adjacent to the best shopping and several delicious restaurants - JP, Serrano and Blossom were terrific!

Room Tip: If you're celebrating anything - speak up! Take advantage of their hospitality!!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank globikeki
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Loved the customer service this hotel had! Our luggage were carried up to our room. 5 minutes later we get a complimentary tea with fruits and snacks. The room lighting, electronics, and curtains were controlled by a tablet beside the beds and there's even a master on and off switch near the door. You don't have to hang a privacy door hanger because they have a button for it already. The area was walkable distance to the strip. City Center mall in the same complex. Although the mall was mostly high-end brands. Casino just down the elevators. Variety of food place in the complex. Easy access to cabs. 10 mins cab to both South and North Premium Outlets. Room was clean and bathroom had 2 sinks, marble walls and floors, glass doors to shower and tub and toilet. I really liked the 2 sinks because my friend and I didn't have to wait for the mirror and sink to get ready. I actually don't know how much the rate was because it was a birthday present. =/

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mayreese
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Really liked the Aria hotel. It was new so that meant very clean. Everybody was very nice and that included all of the dealers. My experience in the past all of the dealers in Vegas did not like there jobs or like dealing with customers. Arias dealers seemed to be having fun, well about as much as you can at work. We went to the Elvis show and thought it was so so. I have seen Beatles, Zoomanity, and others and would but the Elvis show at the bottom. They comped the buffet for breakfast and it was Great. I did see the price they would have charged and it would have been $75.00 for 2. Dont know if I wont to spend that for breakfast but if it is comped jump on it!! Also ate at Julian Sarrono (sp?) and it was very good. You also cant beat the location or the Tram that will take you to the Bellagio.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KB-TTU
Reviewed January 26, 2012

This was my first stay at the Aria, and overall it was pretty good. Nothing was terrible, but nothing blew my mind away either. I stayed 2 nights on the 19th floor. Asked for a room with a view, and managed to see the roof of the adjacent conference center, and the pools as well. Nothing spectacular. The rooms are spacious, clean and modern, definitely a plus.

The one complaint I have for this hotel, is the distance required to get anywhere! I literally had a 5 minute walk from my room to the elevator! The hotel is simply too big for only one bank of elevators. Also, the gym facility is more or less off site from the hotel.

The hotel wireless service (tried to use it with my blackberry) did not work very well either. Every time I tried to access it, it pointed me to a hotspot, and then a frustrating blank screen! Annoying.

Overall, would I come here again - maybe.

Room Tip: Ask for something closer to the elevator.
2  Thank CGToronto