“ARIA - One of MGM's Greatest Resorts”

ARIA Resort & Casino
Ranked #18 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed December 29, 2011

My 3rd stay this year at the Aria & it's still as awesome as the first! Hit a couple of nice jackpots, enjoyed a comfortable room & bed, super nice technology & last but not least I still get treated like a very valuable guest each & every time I check in! Already making plans to return in the early spring!

Room Tip: Last visit at the Aria I was put on the 50th floor & wow what a view so ask for a high floor!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank chatter-box2go
Write a ReviewReviews (24,989)

Reviewed December 29, 2011

This is Vegas. You know what you're getting into. The room was nicely equipped and the bed was nice. But I didn't find it very clean. To me, everything in Vegas always lacks that 10% from being 'fabulous' and ends up being lackluster. This hotel was no exception. Not sure if I'd stay here again unless with a huge discount. Staying here was the equivalent of going to a Michelin star restaurant and finding a curly hair in my dish. It left a bad aftertaste.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Shawn O
Reviewed December 29, 2011

If you are poker player, the Aria is the best casino resort by far. This was my 4th trip to Vegas this year, and I've stayed most of the best resorts (Venetian, Wynn, Palazzo, Caesars, Bellagio, MGM, etc) but you can't beat the combination of location, service, action, style/ room amenities at the Aria.

Service: very friendly and accomodating: check in was 3pm Tuesday but I flew in late Monday, gambled all night and was able to check-in at 6am (very unusual) with a $20 tip.
Poker: I didn't play well, but there is plenty of action, very modern room with great seats, good dealers and great free drinks of course. Food service is outstanding. Over priced but they comp $2/hr for your play ($3/hr from 5am-10am) so that helps a lot. I earned over $80 in food comps during my stay.
Room: modern, WIFI signal was good (unlike Wynn), extremely comfortable bed.
Work out facility was also excellent.
The only downside is the stupid $20/nt resort fee but if you play poker 5 hrs/day the rate is $99/nt week nights. Outstanding for a 5 star on the center strip. Just get a player card and give it to the table dealer when you sit down. Make sure on your last to tell the poker host you qualify for the poker rate and they will put a note on your account.
Overall, I was very pleased: the only thing that could have made the trip better would be if I had won some money. :-)

• Stayed: December 2011
4  Thank FriscoDad
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Had a great meal at Julian Serrano's Tapas last night. Pre-ordered a special paella - it was ready when we arrived, hot and delicious. As for the hotel's main food service options, kind of a disaster: long lines, average service, average food.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Onlythebest4
Reviewed December 29, 2011

The property itself is excellent, very modern, clean and fancy etc. Spacious rooms. Don't think it can be faulted in this area.

We found some staff to be not very warming/welcoming, though I think this was hit and miss and some were very nice..I found that if you called front desk, concierge etc then they are very nice, when you walk to up staff it can be different. We found some staff at the restaurants to be very rude and on one occasion the service was terrible. The food itself was pretty good though. Just be prepared to spend 

I think the resort fee is a junk fee and should be eliminated. I would prefer they charge for Wifi, newspaper, spa services etc separately if customers want it. I did not use the Wifi as I have data on my phone. I found out at the end of the stay you have to go collect your newspaper from the store there, it isn't delivered to your room.. I did not use the spa services yet had to pay $100 for this during the stay.
Next time I visit, I will find another property to avoid the junk fees.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank itismeap
Reviewed December 29, 2011

My husband and I are frequent travelers to Vegas and we usually stay at the Palazzo as it is a luxurious, clean casino that caters to both us and our two toddler girls (ages 2 & 3). We had stayed at Aria before without the girls but we weren't sure how it would be if they were with us so we took a mini trip (2 nights - 3 days) right before Christmas and we were very pleased.

The casino itself has a very sophisticated, dark theme so my 3 year old wasn't too happy with that =) but the room was pretty nice. Not as large as the Palazzo though... the Palazzo has a separate space where they have couches, a desk, and entertainment center however at the Aria it's all one space. The beds are amazing.

We had a little bit of trouble with the housekeeping so make sure you're on top of that.

The cool thing about Aria is it's location. There is a large upscale shopping area called Crystals connected to the casino. There is a underground walkway that connects to Monte Carlo. There is a bridge that connects Crystals to Planet Hollywood across the street (but beware that the elevator wasn't working when got to Planet Hollywood so we had to get people to help us bring our double stroller down the stairs). Planet Hollywood has a huge mall with more affordable stores and tons of restaurants.

We took a trip to M&M world (walking distance) and the kids really enjoyed it. It's four stories and has a small theater that shows a 3D 10-minute movie... very cute! At the bottom floor of this building there is a huge gaming center (arcade) that would be fun for older kids.

All in all, we had a great time. Oh, and there are several art galleries near the Aria that are beautiful and a must-see.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get an angled room. It is very tight. A standard room or sky suite is best.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank shaq4545
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Rooms are clean. Bathrooms are huge. Air conditioning is very slow to respond. The hotel doesn't have enough restaurants, so there are long lines at lunch and dinner hours. Lots of fancy features--everything is controlled electronically, including door key. Front desk staff are friendly and helpful. The overall experience doesn't really justify the premium we paid for a five star hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends