“Best Vegas Experience Yet”

ARIA Resort & Casino
Ranked #14 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Vista, California
“Best Vegas Experience Yet”
Reviewed July 3, 2011

I can't say enough good things about my stay at Aria. Room was large with beautiful view. Lights and blinds can be operated via TV remote. Casino itself is roomy, not crowded like others on the strip. Dealers were polite and friendly. Got a $50 per day hotel credit by booking through Southwest Airlines - This made the restaurants and room service reasonable. Will definitely go back!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,282)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed July 2, 2011

Rooms are very pretty and spacious. For a new hotel, I would expect the bathroom to be much cleaner. Vegas is so busy trying to make money, they've forgotten about customer service.

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank debbyirw
Glasgow UK
Reviewed July 2, 2011

Not as good as it looks. For all the money spent on this hotel it is very sad that it is let down by probably the most important part of any hotel, ie the housekeeping. When I made the reservation we had asked for a non-smoking high floor room. When I booked in the reservation staff didn't even look at my requests as we were offered rooms on the 8th floor one smoking the other non. We took the non-smokng one. When you enter the room all the money has been spent on the gadgets, and they are impressive, open the door the lights come on and the motorised curtains open to reveal full length windows. But lookng behind the gadgets and we came upon a broken lampshade about to fall off, someone's phone number left on the writting pad, food sauce dried onto the bar menu cover, bent and squashed boxes holding the bar snacks. And worst of all someone had been smoking in the toilet! So we complained and got put into a non-smokng room on the 10th floor which is a non-smoking floor, why weren't we offered this in the first place? Although better we did still have the previous occupants hair all over the duvet and sheets and they did have a slightly off white appearance as if not washed properly. If you are not bothered about the gadgets the Aria has go to the Cosmopolitan instead far more pleasant staff and very clean rooms, isn't that what a hotel should be about, the illusion that you are the only person to have used the room. Aria could do a lot better

Room Tip: Go to the Cosmopolitan hotel instead
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank A_Canny_Scott
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 1, 2011

This is my third time at Aria and it was the best so far. Look like they have worked out all the challenges of new hotel/staff. If you enjoy gadgets/technology than this is the hotel for you. The room welcome you by opening the curtains, turn on XFM radio and lights. Not to mention the bed side touch screen panel that controls the entire room (curtains, every single night in the room with 3 to 5 dim levels, privacy please, maid service, music xfm, billing, even checking flight time...etc). Oh and you can also setup you room as an alarm clock, for example you can set the time you want the TV/Radio, curtains, lights to go on. You can also connect you computer to the flat screen TV (bring your own cable).
We found all staff we encountered to be extremely friendly and much better than previous two stays.

The Good:
- New hotel and very moden
- The room's high tech panel was very COOL
- Above average size bathroom, has both tub and shower (FYI the tub is in the shower stall)
- XFM was a plus
- Right next to a high end mall (too $$ for me)

The not so good:
- Location is good but still a walk to get to other hotels
- Price of hotel and food places on site
- Check in line was long

Over all an amzing hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank SGO007
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed July 1, 2011

It was my 40th birthday and my wife and I decided to spluge and stay at a Vegas 5 star hotel. The Aria is one of the 15 or so 5 star hotels in vegas and after doing some research decided to stay there.
We booked a vacation package on the Aria website which included Southwest airfaire and the room. I thought the price was reasonable at about $1100 for everything. Since we booked this trip 5 months ago, we also purchased the cancellation insurance for $100 just in case.
When we arrived at the hotelat about 6 p.m. vegas time, I thought the entrance and lobby was gorgeous. However, the first thing I noticed was how long the check in line was. Sure enough, I waited about an hour before I reached the front of the line. It seemed like they didn't have enough people working the front desk and everyone was taking their sweet time. It got very frustratiing.
When I finally reached the check in desk I was informed that the only King bed room left was on the third floor with a horrible view of the 2nd floor roof covered in air conditioner units and lights. I could have a room on the 19th but it was 2 queens. I was pretty upset since I booked the room 5 months ago. The employee then notified me that the room was at 102% capacity, which I thought was weird. She said I could come down in the morning and try to move to a better room after people checked out. At this point, I was tired of waiting and just wanted to get to the room and shower. We also were running late to our dinner reservation. So, I reluctantly took the key card and asked for a bell hop to take up our luggage. I was then told that it would take at least 2 hours for my luggage to be brought up. At this point I got really upset. Fortunately, my wife found a bell hop, batted her eyes at him and he agreed to take us up. I don't know how she pulled this off, but I wasn't about to question it.
When we entered the room, the lights turned on automatically and the curtains opened up to a horrible view of the air conditioning units, just like I thought. It really made me upset and ruined my first impression of the room.
To be fair, the room itself is very nice. The bed was extrememly comfortable, the bathroom is big and the shower is great. Everything seemed very clean and new. I really liked how everything from the lights, to the temperature can be adjusted using the television or the flat panel by the bed.
The next morning I went to the gym and found it to be great. Lots of equipment and everything was modern and new. We then all met for breakfast at cafe vetro and the bad service continued. It took forever to have a server come over and take our order and even longer for the food to arrive. It got to the point where we had to speak to the manager of the restaraunt. When our meals did come, one of my friends order didnt' come out. He ordered the same thing as me but the server messed up and only put it in the system once. Again to be fair, they took his meal off the bill and gave us a few menu items for free. The food, when it did arrive, was fantastic.
When breakfast was finished, I went back to the lobby to see about switching to a better room. When I arrived, the lines were even longer then the day before and I had no idea who to talk with. There was no line available for people that were already guests so I decided to wait in the check in line again. After about 20 minutes of waiting, and the lines not moving, my frustration was boiling. I decided to go over to the conceirge and see what they can do. Fortunately, I spoke with a friendly gentleman and he went and spoke to a manager on my behalf. He came back, took my cell phone number and said they will call me if a room becomes available. I told him that I was told that yesterday but have yet to recieve such a call. He said that's the best he could do. I then left for my room in "steerage" not feeling anybetter.
Lo and behold, as soon as I got out of the shower I got a call from the front desk saying I got a room on the 54th floor and they would send someone up to take my bags in 30 minutes. Success!! I quickly repacked everything and was ready for the move.
The bellhop came, we moved to our new room which had a great view of the strip and was about 100 squarge feet bigger with an extra closet. Needless to say, I was happy with the end result.
The rest of the stay was very nice. I really enjoyed the casino and found the hotel itself to be very nice. On our last day there, we got a cabana at the Liquid lounge, which is the hotels adult only pool. You can get a cabana if you spend at least $500 on food and drink. Otherwise, you can get a chair for $50. It was very nice and the service was fantastic. All the beautiful people were there and I felt like I was in an episode of Entourage. It was a great way to spend the day and stay cool in the Vegas heat.
My wife and her friends decide to get a massage at the spa but said the wait was very long. Other then that, she said the massage was great. $160 for 50 minutes.
Check out, unlike check in, was a breeze. The line was short and quick. We were able to leave our bags with the bell hops after check out because our plane didn't leave until the afternoon. So, we walked the strip and did some shopping to kill some time, then came back, grabbed our bags and a taxi and went off to the Airport.
In the end, I had a fantastic time. I know that Vegas is struggling in this economy and I got te feeling that the Aria just didn't have enough people on staff. The sense of 5 star service wasn't there and thats enought to make me want to look elsewhere the next time I am in Vegas.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank foxmanb71
Dallas, TX
Reviewed July 1, 2011

I dropped by Vegas for a day on a roadtrip and we stayed at Aria. I got a great deal online and wanted to stay at a nice 5-star. The room was spacious and amazing in every way. It's a bit off the strip, but there's a walkway to Bellagio and a tram to City Center. My room had a side view of Bellagio and I could see the fountains at nice. Parking is by valet only, but it's free except for the tip. There is a $20 resort fee on top the the price you are quoted. There's free WiFi and a small kitchen, which I didn't use except for the fridge.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed June 30, 2011

I was in Vegas for a work conference and decided to come early and do a long weekend of fun before the conference with my BFF. I was debating staying here or the Cosmopolitan and I am glad I chose the Aria. It is a beautiful hotel - very stylish, modern and chic. The room was spacious with a high tech system that controlled the lights, curtains, temperature, TV, etc. that was fairly easy to use. The bed was so soft and really helped me sleep well, despite the loud music pulsating from the Marquee club at the Cosmopolitan which was across from my room and audible from there, despite the distance (I'm a heavy sleeper too which helps). The bathroom was stylish and roomy enough for me and my friend to dress and get ready each day. The pool area is really nice and there are lots of different areas to hang out. My only complaint about the pool is they need better food options pool-side but the drinks were awesome. The gym is incredible - huge with lots of machines and really cool ones I've never seen before. In terms of restaurants, we ate at Julian Serrano (average) and the Buffet (average). We had a few drinks at Deuces Lounge which is your typical hotel bar. I actually found the Vesper bar at The Cosmopolitan to be much cooler and the restaurants there better but it's easy enough to go from the Aria to The Cosmopolitan. If you like shopping, one nice thing is that the Aria is right next to a shopping center (Crystals). Overall I was really happy with the hotel and would definitely stay there the next time I'm in Vegas.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business