“Great location off the strip”

Residence Inn Las Vegas Hughes Center
Ranked #50 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Denver, Colorado
“Great location off the strip”
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Just completed another stay at this hotel. For those who need an extended stay or larger space off the strip this hotel is perhaps the best out there. Just one mile back from the strip in the midst of a high end office/residential area the location offers multiple dining options within walking distance. Choices include Morton's, Del Frisco's, Bahama Breeze, Roy's, Fogo De Chao, McCormick & Schmicks, Gordon Biersch and Starbucks within 100-300 yards away. Add to that a very nice walking jogging area behind the hotel and you have a winner! This Residence Inn is a high rise hotel style, not the typical style 2 story house type property. Friendly staff and clean rooms make this a great choice. Cabs are frequently waiting outside to whisk you where you want to go. Figure about $7-$10 to get to the strip. Small pool area with fire pit and hot tub are nicely tucked behind the hotel, but don't expect a high end designer pool. Of course hot breakfast included daily and evening reception during the week nights are nice benefits as well, but the food served is basic at best. Will stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2013

This hotel is near enough to everything, and far enough away at the same time.
The staff where helpful and the two bedroom suite was a great layout.

There was an odd smell tot he room, but housekeeping soon sorted that out but the strangest thing was the blood splatter on the ceiling... Joking, we said it must have been used in an episode of CSi. I'll add a pic of that when I can find it.

It's popular with lots of foreign and local Air Forces doing training and exercises at nearby Nellis.

All in all, a perfect retreat for seeing the sights that Vegas had to offer - great car parking too :-)

Room Tip: All rooms are easy to access to elevators and the rear exit to the car park
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Columbus
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I've been a rewards member for six years and have stayed on each coast including the gulf and this was my second stay at this location in the past three years, and it hurts me to say that this was the worst stay ever under the marriott banner. First it appears as if the two br suites are being overlooked as far as upgrades and upkeep, the furniture was soiled and stained the tiles were cracked, the appliances looked outdated and dirty, for various reasons I had to move twice one being an awful smell of septic gas that scared one guest away altogether instead of moving to another room as I did. Needless to say my next stay in Las Vegas will not be at this location

Room Tip: If you need a two bedroom suite try another marriott location!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Rick W
Tiffany L, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas Hughes Center, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Rick W,

Guest perception and feedback is extremely important to us. I would appreciate the opportunity to address your individual concerns regarding your stay and invite you contact me at the hotel by calling (702)650-0040 or by emailing me at ri.lashh.gm@marriott.com.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Location- Well located for our needs. A bit far to walk to the strip but doable.
Reception. They were all helpful and friendly.
Breakfast -It states continental but it had a lot more than that. Waffles, sausage, eggs, cereal, etc.-Coffee after breakfast and coffee to go
Room-Large room with a sofa, chair, desk with chair-Kitchen
Light for reading –pretty good
Bed –2 queens with lots of pillows and very comfortable
Air Conditioning-Heater
Wi-Fi- Worked very well I the room
TV- Nice modern with good channels
Refrigerator- A very large one and a dishwasher and stove top
Room for bags-Plenty of room
Coffee maker
Bathroom-Nice size good lighting
Shower pressure-Good
Cloths line-No, but they have a guest laundry
Safety bar in bathroom-Yes
Towels-Nice clean and in great condition
Amenities –a bit poor, but when I needed a shower cap they brought one. They had shampoo, conditioner and soap.
Hair dryer-yes
Full length mirror-Yes
Makeup mirror-No
Parking-yes
Iron and ironing board-yes
Complimentary bottle water-No but tap water is fine to drink
They had enough clean pots and pans to cook a simple meal.
There is a small shop at reception with a couple of frozen meals, wine, beer, sodas, etc
Lots of restaurants walking distance.

Great place to stay with children or for people that don’t want to stay at a casino. We needed a place in front of the restaurant where we were having a party so it worked great. Usually we stay downtown at the Golden Nugget and we will head back there because we like to be in a casino.

Room Tip: We were on the 7th floor away from the elevators and liked the view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Starviagera
Dear Starviagera,

Thank you for such a thorough review of the hotel! We are pleased that you found the hotel to be a very good alternative to the Casino Resorts here in Las Vegas!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I came to Las Vegas from LA for the weekend to see my dad who was there vacationing. We have a 14 m/o puppy and needed to find a hotel in Vegas close to the the strip that was pet friendly. I looked at Marriott hotels through their mobile site on my cell phone and saw the hotel said pet friendly, so I booked a night. When we checked in, we were greeted by a front desk associate (who I guess was the manager). He clearly should've seen my dog who was with me on leash and my boyfriend was carrying her crate. He checked us in without acknowleding a dog or a pet policy and we stayed the night.

The next morning, we received our bill under the door stating there was a $100.00 pet charge. I thought maybe it was a deposit in case of room damage. My boyfriend and I went downstairs to check out and asked the front desk woman if it was a refundable deposit. She said no. We began to tell her that there was no statement of a pet charge on the mobile website, for we would have never paid $100 to have a pet stay in a hotel for a single night. She argued that it was on the website (which it is on the regular website, but not the mobile). She was rude and defensive instead of understanding and apologetic for the confusion. She kept making up excuses and lies about Marriott's policies, which I know are false statements because I have family that work for other Marriott hotels.Terrible customer service.

We left the hotel and contacted the manager the next morning who claimed he is the one who checked us in. He didn't even state a friendly reminder about the pet charge at check-in. He claimed he didn't even see us have a dog with us, but that housekeeping informed the front desk there was a dog in the room. However, we were there for only one night, and housekeeping never came in our room during our stay. No one, not even the manager, was wanting to be accountable for the pet charge misunderstanding. We simply told him we wanted to be refunded for being kept in the dark for a $100 pet charge, but he said he was unable to accommodate us. No apologies, no refund, not even a complimentary stay from Marriott. Just rude treatment as a paying guest.

I will NEVER stay there again. For that kind of money, we could have stayed on the strip at a nice casino and been treated with respect.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Tiffany L, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas Hughes Center, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear jadelzabeth06,

We apologize if there has been any misunderstanding or confusion regarding our adherence to Residence Inn's Pet Policy. We do indicate that there a Pet Policy In Effect by posting signage at the front desk as well as on our website. Your concern regarding it not being on our mobile app has been escalated to Marriott. While all Residence Inn by Marriott hotels are pet friendly, including the Residence Inn Las Vegas Hughes Center, extensive room cleaning in which a pet has stayed must be conducted upon each departure. The added precautions as a result of deep cleaning and pest control ensure that future guests experience clean, allergen free rooms.
Swineshead, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 13, 2013

This hotel is located far enough from the strip to avoid the noise and get a decent night sleep but close enough to get a taxi.
The front desk staff were always helpful and endeavoured to help with any issues.
The rooms are adequate, a very comfortable bed with a good bathroom and kitchen area.
If I was staying in Vegas on business again I would sty here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Tiffany L, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas Hughes Center, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear scottlou,

Thank you for your recent review of the hotel. It give us satisfaction in knowing that the hotel's location, room accomodations, and service all met your needs. We would gladly welcome you back on your next trip to Las Vegas!
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stayed here on business with a group of colleagues. It is in a good location to be off strip, and right next door to Gordon Biersch! Rooms are ok, nothing special, but it is nice to have a BBQ area by the pool - good for socialising!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business