“Las Vegas stop over”

Residence Inn Las Vegas Hughes Center
Ranked #62 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The family enjoyed there stay at this location and had no complaints. The swimming pool was enjoyed by all including the hot tub even though the outside temperature was approaching 112 degrees. There were plenty of restaurants around this hotel and the front desk offered coupons to recommended hotels. There were plenty of places to sit during breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed here over the July 4th holiday and were a bit disappointed.
Our 2 teenagers tried the breakfast and came back upstairs warning us about the cold, runny eggs and the undercooked potatoes. Needless to say, we didn't even bother trying the breakfast ourselves. After all, my husband and I were still tired from staying up late .... this was Vegas, so why do they stop serving breakfast at 9:30??
My husband went to grab a cup of coffee in the lobby (after they had stopped serving breakfast) only to be told that there was none available.
The biggest surprise to me was the non-existence of ice machines. This was the 5th hotel on our road trip and we had become accustomed to filling up our cooler every morning, especially in 112 degree temperatures!!! The desk clerk however was very helpful and immediately got us some ice from the adjacent kitchen.
The beds were comfortable, but my husband had trouble sleeping because of the extremely noisy fridge in our room.
The room was clean and well kept, except for the dirty vent we came face to face with when taking a shower.
As far as decor, the small pictures of Tuscan (?) villages all over the room seemed kind of odd. I had kind of expected a Las Vegas theme, but that's no biggie.
The location was great if you don't mind walking a bit to the strip. There were good restaurants all over and we really enjoyed PF Chang.
Knowing what to expect I would stay here again. I would come prepared, enjoy my own breakfast in the room and make sure that the fridge is producing ice.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Tiffany L, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas Hughes Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Offwego0622,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Residence Inn Las Vegas Hughes Center and for providing your review of your experience over the 4th of July weekend. We apologize for your children's disppointment with the eggs and potatoes served during breakfast. Your feedback has been shared with the restaurant team. Close to 1,000 guests a day were fed over that weekend and our associates have been reminded that quality is as important as quantity. In response to your question regarding breakfast hours, we operate in compliance to Residence Inn Standards offering complimentary breakfast from 6:30am to 9:00am on weekdays and 7:00am to 9:30am on weekends. We recognize that many guests like to sleep in while visiting Las Vegas due to late night entertainment and offer alternative recommendations at the front desk to nearby restaurants that serve breakfast 24 hours a day. We also provide grocery shopping service if guests would like to prepare food in their guest rooms. It is often a surprise that ice machines are not located throughout the hotel. All of our guest rooms have full refrigerators with built-in ice machines. As you mentioned we a can provide ice from the restaurant upon request. We are please that you found the beds to be comfortable and the location met your needs with ample restaurants in walking distance. We welcome your return and hope that your next stay with us will be to your complete satisfaction. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times when I am attending trade shows at the Sands Convention Center. I always walk to the Convention Center unless the weather is too bad. There is every kind of restaurant all around the hotel many right in front. Straight shot to the airport and only blocks away from the strip. The strip is not my thing so this hotel works great for me.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Charles1019
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I stayed in a suite here with my family the night before and after a trip to the Grand Canyon. The staff could not have been more helpful, and we all slept well. Breakfast had options for everyone in our party. Free Wifi worked without a hitch. Seemed central enough to Las Vegas attractions if you are interested in the glitz.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Tiffany L, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas Hughes Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear Keith M,

Thank you very much for the positive feedback regarding your stay at the Residence Inn Las Vegas Hughes Center! We are pleased that we met your expectations and provided you with helpful service and a restful night's sleep.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

This is a great high rise Residence Inn by Marriott. The rooms rae great and it is well located near everything but not in the hussel and bussel . Facilities are excellent and there are a choice of many restaurants close by that are frequented by locals. Car parking is a breeze . Would recommend this hotel to anyone on vacation as long as you aren't looking for 24 hour go go go .
Real people stay here its safe comfortable and affordable . Kids can have fun and parents are assured that there is no sleaze. I stay with Marriott a lot and don't be put off by a couple of the other comments some people are never happy !

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Rogerperthaustralia,

Thank you for the positive feedback regarding your stay with us at the Residence Inn Las Vegas Hughes Center as well as your loyalty to Marriott. It is greatly appreciated!

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Dont expect the full Vegas treatment. This is a typical Residence Inn with no extra frills. Rooms are looking a little dated but kept clean and tidy. Walking distance to a number of decent restaurants but a cab ride to anywhere on the Strip. Free breakfast but dont expect gourmet.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Basil41
Reviewed June 14, 2013

This was the fourth time I've stayed at this hotel and most likely it will be my last. It's a while since I last stayed here but I'm sure it has gone downhill in that time. There was only ever one person at the front desk meaning every time I was at the desk there was a long wait. The staff are friendly but there were other minor things that added up to an overall bad impression for me:
- Manager's reception was just 2 or 3 days per week
- Whatever taxi service they use when they call was very slow to arrive (20 mins+) - altough there are usually plenty of taxis there early in the morning
- The room (e.g. bathroom) could do with an update
- There is free WiFi but it seemed slow
- There was a $15 fee to handle each parcel if you have something delivered there
- Plenty of nearby restaurants but Gordon Biersch has also gone downhill since I was last there.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business