“Pleasant Stay”

Ranked #57 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Springfield, Massachusetts
“Pleasant Stay”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

The other reviewers are right on target with the positive reviews of this hotel. The staff were friendly and professional and responsive. The breakfast was generous and of good quality. I wouldn't recommend walking to the Strip during July or August when the temps go over 100 degrees, take a cab! I was disappointed with the pool being closed during my stay but I understand that safety comes first. I will stay here on my next visit to Vegas.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Cozee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

Had a great experience at this hotel! The rooms were spacious and clean, the lobby very nice, the saltwater pool and hot tub very well kept and organized. The breakfast and complimentary welcome dinner were very nice! Excellent for what it costs, and only 15 minutes walking from the strip or 7-8$ taxi ride! Definitely reccomend!!

• Stayed July 2012
Wisconsin
Reviewed July 10, 2012

The only reason I am giving it a 4 rating is because the pool was closed 4th of July weekend for maintenance which I thought was a poor choice of date to do this. The breakfast is excellent with hot eggs, potatoes, meat-varies each day, yogurt, cereals, fruit, waffles, etc. Lots of hot food with many choices. The rooms are clean and neat and well maintained. Staff was friendly and there is free WI-FI, use of 2 computers and printer in the business center and a fitness room. Amble free parking and it is right on Paradise Rd. basically behind Harrah's on the strip.

Room Tip: All rooms would be quiet-off the strip in a business park type area.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank joy1rn
, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas Hughes Center, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you for your recent review. We too regret the closure of the pool over the July 4th weekend and the inconvenience that it caused. The closure was not a result of routine maintenance but rather misuse of the pool by a guest. For the health and safety of all our guests, it was necessary for us to shock the pool with chemicals and temporarily close it until we could determine that it was safe for use. To accommodate our guests, the pool at one of our other Marriott hotels was made available.
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Okay this is not a Glizt and Glam Vegas hotel - it was recommended as our starting off point for a Grand Canyon Rafting Trip so we got a discount. Which made it extremely reasonable for 4 people. We had a Suite which comprised of 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a living/dining Kitchen room with entrance. We only stayed the one night but we received excellent attention with our many many question. The rooms were very nice and very clean we didn't need the kitchen but it looked well fitted (found and used bottle opener and scissors). The pool was a nice size and the outdoor area was nicely furnished. I was pleasantly surprise and if i had to go to Vegas again for some other reason then "Doing Vegas" i.e., family gathering, stopover, etc., i would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank SailorNYC
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed June 6, 2012

This hotel is a solid 4-4.5. If you don't want to stay on the strip and are looking for a "regular" hotel in a quieter area of town, but with the option of walking to the strip in 20-25 minutes, or taking a quick cab, this is the spot. It's a "regular" hotel. No casino. It's in a quiet and nice area next to a large office complex with sidewalks to walk-on. The rooms are good, and they are quiet.

Free WiFi works well. On busy days the breakfast area can be chaotic. The breakfast is good. They rotate special items. The best was the breakfast sandwich - friend egg and sausage on an english muffin.

The rooms could use better shades. The windows are large/long, and the shades in my room - 216, did not block out the morning light.

Pet-Friendly: Yes, very much so. There is a small area to walk your dog behind the hotel, BUT, you can walk down the numerous sidewalks along Hughes Parkway where there is ample grass on both sides of the sidewalk, and there is a nice park that is a 10-minute walk from the hotel. If you are bringing your dog with you, this is your best bet.

I had a Queen bed suite with a kitchenette. The price over Memorial Day weekend was good at $159 a night, but they did not lower the price mid-week when the hotel, and Vegas, emptied out.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Reno, NV
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I was sent here on business travel, so I wasn't too concerned about where I was staying since I wouldn't even be there much. However, I was so pleasantly surprised. The rooms are big with a full kitchen. The free breakfast was delicious with lots of choices. Hot choices like eggs and sausage and potatoes, not just prewrapped pastries and cereal like at other hotels. Then when I returned in the evening they had dinner and wine and beer. I had already eaten out, so I didn't try it, but I was still very impressed. The whole place was very well kept. I didn't go to the pool, but I could see it from my room and it looked nice. Even though I wasn;t paying, I still noticed the price was very reasonable, escpecially with the endless ammenities this hotel offers. If you need to stay off the strip in Vegas, I 100% recommend this hotel. On a side note, we had dinner at Bahama Breeze which is right in front of the hotel and the salmon was amazing. There are several restaurants right by the hotel, easy walking distance.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank travelswitkids
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed June 5, 2012

This was an average hotel, but much quieter (and cheaper!) than staying in a large resort on the strip. We rented a car and drove to the strip where we had no problem finding free and fast parking at the resorts, so we didn't have to walk or take a taxi. The room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple