“Perfect Las Vegas Location”
Review of Polo Towers Suites

Polo Towers Suites
Ranked #32 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Las Vegas
“Perfect Las Vegas Location”
Reviewed October 9, 2009

This condo style hotel was absolutely perfect. It is located in the heart of the strip. Will stay there on our next visit.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank L_Bin_LV

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (669)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
jemw
Reviewed October 8, 2009

My husband and I stayed at Polo Towers Memorial Day Holiday 2009 (5/22-5/29/09) for our 21st wedding anniversary, using our time share exchange. We had a delightful time at Polo Towers and in Las Vegas! We could not have asked for better accomodations at the Towers. The loacation, being almost in the middle of the strip, is perfect for everything - - easy access to the casinos and public transportation. The gym was nice and clean and very well equipped for a small gym. We didn't use the pool (because we're not pool people) but stopped up to see it on the roof - quite interesting! We especially enjoyed the cozy bed and very nice pillows. Saw Carlos Santana in Concert and visited the Grand Canyon, among many other interesting things. We will definitely go back to Las Vegas and stay at Polo Towers. The only drawback was that it was the hottest May ever in Vegas (high 90s everyday), but that did not slow us down.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank jemw
Kingsburg, California
Reviewed October 6, 2009

I have a timeshare through Diamond Resorts and had actually been told by a fellow timeshare owner at one of the Maui properties that Polo Towers was kind of a joke. I also read some of the reviews on here and must disagree with some of the negative points. I did notice that some of the photos are from 2006 and they do not look anything like the room we stayed in. I went with 3 friends for my divorce party and I must say that we had a great experience. From the moment we pulled up, all of the staff was extremely friendly and helpful- the guy who checked us in even googled something for me. The self parking was interesting. After attempting to self park, I decided to valet- the parking structure is a bit oddly shaped and there is not much available for self parking. Valet is free anyway, we just tipped the guy a few bucks and it was worth it to avoid the hassle. Our room was well appointed with a kitched that had a full sized refrigerator and oven which was very useful since we didn't want to spend a ton of money eating out in Vegas. We were on the 9th floor with a good view of New York New York, Monte Carlo and a few other places. This hotel does not have a casino which was good for me because I am not a smoker and I didn't have to deal with the nasty smell of cigarettes that lingers in casinos. It is situated in between Planet Hollywood and MGM- a great location for walking almost anywhere. There is a nice pool area on the roof with a smallish pool, but the decor is nice and there are cabanas if you want to stay out of the direct sun. I also was pleased that they had a business center that had 2 computers with complimentary internet use- I had to check my work email because my BlackBerry was having issues. I will definitely return to this great hotel, but be aware that it is not the Bellagio. If that is what you are looking for, stay there and not at Polo Towers.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
7 Thank beeeechbum
maritimes
Reviewed September 25, 2009

I read many of these reviews online with disbelief. They talk about how their whole trip was ruined because the couch had a stain, or they saw a pube in the shower. Polo Towers is a great place to stay , especially when you consider that it is right on the strip and what it costs for a tiny hotel room anywhere nearby. It is clean, has decent staff, and the usual facilities you would expect. Primadonnas who start nitpicking about furniture style are like psycho brides whose wedding was ruined because the carnations were misplaced. Overall, it is very similar to the other timeshares in the area, ie Summer Bay, Jockey Club, MGM.

signed,
Happy Camper

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — front desk staff
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank blue2man
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 16, 2009

I think the location of the Polo Towers are good since you can pretty much walk to tons of places. Yes, it is set back a bit, but that's not a problem.

The problem I have is that the maint. fee's keep going up. Compared to other timeshare properties, I think it's a bit much.

We have been owners since 1991 and bought in the Villas. When I arrived last week (9/6-9/13) I tipped $20 and asked for a view of the strip. Not sure what took so long, but the girl looked like she did her best by typing for such a long time, then checking certain reports and talking to co-workers about certain rooms, etc. It was like it was an ordeal to get me a room with a view. So naturally I was very very thankful. But once I got to my room I noticed that it was not a Villa. It was a Suite. Basically they are the same except that the Villa's have upgrades that make a huge difference for me. The bathroom, in particular has two sinks instead of one. Also the bathtub is a jaccuzi in the Villa's and just a small tub in the Suites. The Villa's have better decorations, better bedding, better furniture, and better kitchen counters and equipment. Just nicer.

So it was again an ordeal when I went back down to the desk and talked to the same nice girl who told me to return the next day. I did return in the morning but was told to return in the afternoon. Sigh. So I returned in the afternoon and FINALLY I got a Villa. But not on the strip. So I felt like I tipped her $20 for nothing!

As it turns out, I loved my Villa and I loved the view of the mountains, facing east. Beautiful sunsets every morning.

Other than that, I enjoyed staying at Polo Towers. It's not a mega resort, which I like. It is more like a private condo. Private and quiet. That's what I wanted while in Vegas. Personally, I would rather walk to the casino's and enjoy the quiet peace where I sleep.

Speaking of sleep. I slep SO well the entire time I was there. The bed was very comfortable. I actually looked forward to turning in every evening (as I have problems sleeping generally).

The only thing I wish they had was a really nice restaurant.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank Islandsue
Riverside
Reviewed September 3, 2009

I own a timeshare at the Polo Towers. Their maintance fee is very high after I found out how much other timeshares are charging for their maintance fee. I have read several reviews by other tripadvisors. I tend to agree with the tripadvisors that have negative reviews of the Polo Towers. Booking a reservation there is a nightmare, and I'm a timeshare owner there. The staff are very rude. Not helpful at all. The hotel is located at the back of a shopping center. You have to drive/walk through a narrow alley to get to the hotel. My room furniture were old looking. The sofa has stains. The only nice thing about the entire suite was the bathroom which was big and nice. I hope the management gets enough complaints about the staff and furniture to do something about it. I would not recommend anyone to go here or buy a timeshare here unless they improve the staff and decor of the place.

Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank JandL92506
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed September 1, 2009

My boyfriend and I really enjoyed our stay at the Villas at Polo Towers. We did a "shortstay exchange through interval" for a long week-end. Upon arriving, they told us there was some construction going on in the villas, which was what our reservation was for. They offered to switch us to the suites, or keep us in the villas and put as as far as possible from the construction. We decided to stay in the villas as planned and were placed on the 8th floor. We weren't bothered at all by the noise of rennovations on the 15th floor.

The rooms themselves are small compared to American standards, but they were very well appointed. If you are going to stay for a week, you may want something larger. The kitchenette included a large refrigerator, sink, microwave and any utensils you may need including a corkscrew. The sitting area had a flat screen tv with a dvd/vhs player and a stereo with an ipod mounting dock, both of which were very nice. The couch looked a little shabby considering the room had just undergone renovation, but the murphey bed pulled down over it, which may have been the reason. The bed itself was large enough, but very firm, which you may like if you prefer firm beds. The nighstand/desk area had an alarm clock that also had an ipod mount. Our closet had a safe to put your valuables in and extra pillows and blankets. The bathroom was very clean and had a nice walk-in shower with good water pressure. The bathroom counter had just been remodeled and looked great. Something else that stood out to me was the fact that the hairdryer in the bathroom was awesome! It was like a salon hairdryer compared to most of the crappy ones you find in hotels. This makes a difference when you have long hair like me!

The location of the hotel was another plus. While not on the strip, it is only about a block or so back. When you are trying to sleep, this makes a big difference as you will avoid a lot of the noise from the strip of loud music, drunken revelers, etc. that are non-stop in Vegas. The hotel within walking distance to MGM, New York- New York, Luxor, Tropicana, Monte Carlo, Planet Hollywood, Bellagio, Paris, Excalibur, etc. You can also take a ride on the "Deuce" bus ($3 one way) to get to some of the hotels on the northern strip such as Wynn, Trump Towers, Venetian. The Deuce also goes all the way to old Vegas where you can gamble cheaper (Binions, Mermaids, Golden Nugget, etc).

The hotel also offers several free shuttles you may want to take advantage of. In terms of ammenites, we used the gym, which is located next door to the hotel. It was awesome! Most hotel gyms are tiny and lack a variety of machines/weights. Not this one! It had everything we needed (bikes, treadmills, eclipse, weights, machines, pull up bar, stair-stepper, etc).

Overall, the hotel was in a great location, offered great prices/value, and the service was good too. Anytime we had questions the staff was quick to help out. If you need extra towels, shampoo, conditioner, whatever.. don't hestiate to ask... the staff will try to accomodate you ASAP.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple