“Polo Towers is all about the location and easy access to the strip!”
Review of Polo Towers Suites

Polo Towers Suites
Ranked #31 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Tampa, Florida
“Polo Towers is all about the location and easy access to the strip!”
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Polo Towers from November 12 - 16th 2013. We have a timeshare but chose not to trade ours. These units are 1 bedroom suites that have a lockoff studio also available to make two bedroom units. This resort is right on the Las Vegas Strip next to MGM Grand. The units are nice but are slightly dated and they are updating the resort this winter. As previous travelers have said the pool and hot tubs are closed due to renovations. They have shuttles running to other resorts which are newer. However there is a resort in walking distance you can use on your on time. The pool is at the dated Carriage House and is heated. Nice size and plenty of pool chairs and towels are there for your enjoyment so no need to carry your towels over from Polo Towels. The hot tub is hot and comfortably seats about 8 people. We needed this break from walking the strip and used it to recharge one morning. All you have to do is tell them at the front desk you are from Polo Tower and they will give you an access key for your stay! The rooms were nice with full kitchens and comfy king size beds. We were in a non-smoking room and floor and had no issues with smell. The entire strip is under renovations so wear comfy shoes and make the best of it. I gave this resort 4.5 stars only because its an older property but they are making many upgrades that should be done by March 2014!!!

• Stayed November 2013
4 Thank Alamandaleece
diamondresorts, Manager at Polo Towers Suites, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time and sharing your thoughts about your most recent stay here at Polo Towers Suites and Villas. We were glad to see that the alternate facilities we provided in lieu of our pool being closed due to renovations met your needs, and that there were no issues when you traveled to the alternate resort. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels take you to Las Vegas, and that you are able to experience the completed refurbishments to our pool area and our rooms.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (651)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed November 23, 2013

We used a timeshare promotion to spend four nights at the Polo Towers on the strip of Las Vegas to run in the RocknRoll Marathon and celebrate a birthday. Our review focuses on a 1 bedroom suite:

1) Location: excellent, about a 1/2 block off the strip and close to night life.
2) Rooms: nice rooms with a large king size bed and full kitchen. Only negative, was the issue with water flow to bath / shower, maintenance attempted to fix it twice but never really worked well during our stay.
3) Parking: self parking in the underground garage was available at no cost and was a nice option.
4) Pool: huge disappointment, it was undergoing renovation and not available to guests; the management offered a free shuttle to another hotel to use their pool; however, the shuttle only ran once in the am and once in the pm. Not a great option for guests.
5) Non Smoking: This is marketed as a non-smoking timeshare; however, they allow smokers to smoke on three different floors on their guest balconies; so make sure you are not above or below the 3 floors. We had to move because of the smoke smell coming from another floor.
6)Room Lockout door: Also, when checking in, if you don't like the double door to another room (lock out) verify that this is not part of your room. We tend to steer clear of these rooms, just for safety.
7) Noise: overall the guest noise was non disturbing; however, we recommend that you don't stay on the back side of the hotel above the kids pool area; we were on the 11th floor facing the north side of the strip and were awakened by trash trucks and construction vehicles starting @ 4:30 am everyday. Make sure your room is facing the strip (west) or front side of the building (south)and not the back side (north) facing the Marriott or Planet Hollywood.
8) Workout room: very nice, had a lot of equipment to choose and get a full workout in before the run .

*** One great thing about the timeshare is, that it is a timeshare... and you don't have to walk through a smoke filled casino to get to your room!!! Just loved that... and I am sure you will too...

If you also want to see a show, we recommend the Beatles LOVE show it was FAB!!

1 Thank UbenAsics
diamondresorts, Manager at Polo Towers Suites, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for this detailed review of your recent stay at Polo Towers! We are really pleased that your stay here was a generally enjoyable one, and we feel sure that the advice you have provided will be much appreciated by future travelers.

We are sorry that the rooftop pool was out of service during your stay, though, and that the shuttle service provided to an alternative pool was not convenient for you. We really hope that this didn’t mar your stay here, and that you’ll give Polo Towers another try in the future – we’d love to see you again!
Calgary
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We traded into Polo Towers with our timeshare. Front desk staff was excellent and friendly. Once we were passed to the concierge desk the hard sell started. The young man who looked after us with our Welcome package was very efficient and gave up after we said no to the reception interview several times.

Room was very well equipped. We had a one-bedroom with a studio lockoff for the second bedroom. This works very well. However the cleaning staff did not enter the studio suite on the first day even though the door between units was open.

The location is excellent and you don't have to walk through a casino to exit!

Only annoying thing was the several calls we received throughout our stay to invite us again and again to the presentation even though we continued to say no and that we weren't interested.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank CherylMcI
diamondresorts, Manager at Polo Towers Suites, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
We are really pleased that your stay at Polo Towers was a generally favorable one, but we’re sorry to read of your dissatisfaction with our on-site sales team. While we do endeavor to contact guests to invite them to learn more about vacation ownership, this is not mandatory unless you’re staying on a promotional break, and we are very sorry that you were contacted even after declining the meeting. This is not representative of the standard of service that we strive for, and we regret any frustration that this caused to you.

We hope that this didn’t mar an otherwise enjoyable stay here, and we’d love to see you again!
Monument, Colorado
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We used timeshare points to spend three nights at the Polo Towers, so it was only $119 for three nights. Now, if you know much about hotels in Las Vegas, you know you can't even find a dump for under $100 per night. This property is beautiful - we had a one bedroom suite with a full kitchen, king size bed, very nice bathroom, a little store stocked with essentials and a very friendly staff. The location in right in the middle of the Strip and, even though we had our car, we could walk to almost everywhere we wanted to go. No casino, so no around the clock noise.

2 Thank David V
diamondresorts, Manager at Polo Towers Suites, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you for providing a review of your recent stay here at Polo Towers Suites and Villas. We were pleased to hear that you were able to get a great rate for your stay, and that our accommodations, amenities, customer service, and location met, if not exceeded, your expectations. Our location right in the heart of the strip, and the fact that we do not have any casino/gaming facilities on site is actually a big draw for many of our guests. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Rome, Italy
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I have been in Las Vegas more than 10 times and I feel I can really recommend Polo Towers. First of all keep in mind that this is a timesharing not a real hotel, so you get a lot more space compare to a normal room and a full or semi-full kitchen and you loose casino and restaurants or shops in house. Location I said, probably amont the best available just at the beginning of the strip in front if city center, Aria, Cosmopolitan and Mandarin Oriental hotel. My apartment was a one bedroom suite very clean and confortable with docking station for iphone, and 2 digital TV. Kingsize bed was confortable too. Also the furniture as the carpet were in fine conditions as all kitchen ware. Ok you pay for wi fi but in most of Las Vegas hotel are similar hidden and mandatory fees, here if you don't want to spend there is a free business center on the main floor. A small pool is included, but was cold so I passed. So if you can get a good deal don't hesitate and with the money saved upgrade your restaurants list.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your thoughts in regard to your most recent stay here at Polo Towers Suites and Villas. The tips you provided in regard to our room/resort amenities and our location is greatly appreciated. We were greatly pleased that these items exceeded your expectations and contributed to your positive feedback. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Marvelous, Exceptional, Absolutely Fantastic and Quiet are the kind words that I have to say about Polo Towers. I have been traveling to Las Vegas since 1971 and I have stayed at most casino’s downtown and on the strip including the Signature and Platinum condos. This trip in October 2013 I wanted to try a new condo experience that is exactly right off the strip. Reason being is that the Signature is quite a walk to the strip and the Platinum is also a long two block walk. Also for me I am tired of the hustle, bustle, loud music and never ending slot machine noises of hotel casinos; in which many of I have stayed at. To my surprise, Polo Towers qualified for all of my needs and is going to be my first class home away from home.

Arriving in from Anchorage Alaska on the late evening flight I checked in at about 10pm and was greeted by David at the front desk. His demeanor was very friendly and helpful to any question I had concerning the resort beings how it was my first time staying there. I am a well-seasoned traveler and over the years I have learned to be humble, respectful, polite and courteous to achieve my goal; a nice quiet room with easy access to everything. So that said; David went out of his way to grant my request.

After check-in and arriving in my studio room in the tower with the pool on top, I was pleasantly surprised to find my room had a very relaxed friendly atmosphere, small but comfortable; perfect for one person or a couple. Everything about the room, from the flat screen TV (better channels than all casinos), to the small refrigerator, sink, microwave, dishes, plenty of silverware, and the folded out bed, made me feel kind of at home. Me, I love my Colombian coffee in the morning (brought from home) and there sitting was a top of the line coffee pot, I was impressed. So the first thing I did was try it out before I went out to explore the surrounding; it worked perfectly and made my coffee taste really good!!

Very kind of David to give me a room with a nice view of the strip, in which I sat and enjoyed the bright lights by stepping out through sliding glass doors onto the balcony (In my stay, it was also perfect for sun tanning). I was also impressed with the artwork hanging on the walls and one exceptionally nice piece of extremely good taste was hanging in the bathroom with the marble floor, all glass shower door and a top of line Kohler power flush toilet.

In my stay, I found my room to be very quiet and the bed quite comfortable to sleep in. I also found that all staff was very friendly and helpful, especially David who whatever he seen me walk by the front desk would ask if everything was OKAY. I also found that the bell desk was quite helpful at check out because my flight did not leave until 5pm so they took care of my baggage while I wandered the strip. Upon returning the bell desk went out of their way to ensure that I had a taxi to the airport (5 minute wait).

Because of the very close proximity and safe three minute Walk to the strip, the great people and wonderful stay at the Polo Towers, I reckon I make this my home in my visits to Las Vegas.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
6 Thank Alaskan_Iam
Thank you for this lovely review! We strive to provide all our guests with amazing vacation experiences, and we are delighted that you had a wonderful time here at Polo Towers. We’re really pleased to read that you’re planning to return here – we can’t wait to see you again!
Floral Park, New York
Reviewed November 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Polo Towers 11/4 through 11/9 in Unit 11-111. We were unsure of what to expect when we checked in but were quite surprise. This property was situated close enough to the strip to make it very convenient. The staff was absolutely wonderful, knowledgeable, friendly and very professional. We had two visits from the Houskeeping Ambassador. The 1 bedroom suite was perfect for us, the "balcony" not usable except to stand out and look over the strip. The convenience store worked for our needs and the staff there was also quite good. The pool is under maintenance so it was not part of our adventure. Our only minor complaint was since the weather was cooler than normal the a/c for the most part was off which meant we had to open the door in the bedroom (living room window had no screens to prevent bugs from coming in) to get some relief from the warm weather thus bringing in the street noise. The Timeshare hassle was minimal which we certainl appreciate. We both give Polo Towers thumbs up and will plan on staying there on our next trip to Las Vegas.

Room Tip: Try to get on a higher floor to minimize street noise. We were on the 11th floor and it was perfe...