“Nice, but studios are small”
Review of Polo Towers Suites

Polo Towers Suites
Ranked #31 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed here for a 4-day weekend, traveling alone, after getting this property via a winning bid on Hotwire. (as expected, a 3* property in the South Strip zone that identified as a condo was likely this property, as indicated on betterbidding.com.) This is, as I understand it, not a true "hotel" in the strict sense of the word, but a timeshare property that rents open tooms on the hotel market.

To start with, it's not the easiest property to find driving. There's a small driveway from the Strip, and then a back entrance off of E. Harmon, which is actually the better way to get into the underground garage. Once inside, check in was quick and easy (late on a Thursday night). I mentioned that I'd like to get a one-bedroom if it was available, but that request was not accepted. That said, I asked also for a quiet room, and that I didn't need anything like a Strip view. I got a nice room facing east on the 20th floor, which was indeed nice and quiet--at least from the outside. The person checking me in said at the end to see someone else for my free something or other, but I suspected it was timeshare related, and I just went up to my room.

The room is very nice, but very small. The studio rooms have not a regular bed, but a Murphy bed, and it takes up almost the entire main room area. The mattress was decent, but not having a box spring, the whole thing was a bit springy. I was pleasantly surprised to waker up every morning with no back pain after a very comfortable sleep.

The bathroom is about average sized, although sheathed in marble or stone. There is not tub, just a shower. Towels are nice and the soaps and shampoos are good sized and good quality.

The TV is a good sized flat screen with lots and lots of channels. The problem was, I could find no channel guide, so I had to do a lot of scanning to find what I wanted. The good part: Unlike most hotel TVs, this one stays where I left it.

There's a small kitchen area with a small sink and refrigerator and cabinets. Like most of these mini refrigerators, the little freezer section doesn't quite freeze stuff.

The one issue I had was that there's a door to an adjacent room, and I suspect the "studio" is part of a larger suite that can also be rented separately. And that door was one of the few places that did not do a good job of blocking noise--and I found this out only because the neighbors chose to be very loud very early in the mornings.

Like far too many properties, Polo Towers still does not treat wifi as a utility, like water, electricity, and cable. The only good news on this front is that the charge is far less than most hotels, a somewhat reasonable cost for a 3-day subscription--even if that "reasonable" amount is still almost all pure profit for the property. That said, the connection was fast and reliable. I would add also that it is per device, not per room, which is also a poor offering.

The desk area is very, very small, barely enough room for a laptop and mouse.

The towers offer more security than most hotels, requiring the room key to to go any of the floors.

The location is very good. It's tucked in right behind the Hawaiian Marketplace, a walk to the Strip proper shorter than many of the huge megaresort casinos. It's just north of MGM Grand and just south of Planet Hollywood, with Monte Carlo and Aria right across the Strip. There's (relatively) inexpensive food and shopping in the area as well as plenty of upscale places.

For $45/night, it was a great weekend value, and a place I'd definitely stay again should the opportunity arise.

5  Thank twriter

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Previous trips to Las Vegas have felt so exhausting; this time it was much more relaxing. Great view, great amenities, comfortable accommodations...and all within a short walking distance to all the action! I've seen some reviewers complaining about the murphy beds but we were happy with them. Having a balcony was a huge plus for enjoying the views. Being able to cook as opposed to going out for every meal was also very helpful. The kitchens are more well-stocked than many places I've traveled. Free wifi would make this place better.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank kat3260
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Polo Towers in Vegas. We found everything and everyone to be very accomodating. The one bedroom was very large, and we were lucky enough to have a fabulous view of the strip. Everything was clean and modern. We only stayed 3 nights but could easily have stayed longer. The location was terrific. It was easy access to NYNY, Aria, and the Cosmopolitan Casinos. We will definitely stay here again when we travel to LV. This property is part of Diamond Resorts, so we used our timeshare points to stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the strip.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Josie K
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I found this Hotel-Time share super comfortable, and would recommend it highly. I followed up on a last minute Booking .com internet site. I rented a 1 bedroom apartment after reading that a pull down bed in the studio did not have a very thick mattress. I was not to regret this decision, as the bed-bedding and pillows were all of exceptional quality and I felt like I was sleeping on a cloud. They even advertise their pillows as available for sale through a certain retailer. I arrived at the hotel after 11 at night, and check in was speedy and efficient. I noticed a puddle of water in the fridge, called the front desk, and within minutes was repaired. It is a full kitchen, very functional. The apartment was clean, modern, and very attractive.The location of the hotel on the Strip was super. I walked most everywhere. Twice a week they have free shuttle to a grocery store. Once a week they have a free shuttle to an outlet mall. The hotel also offers free shuttles to old Vegas- Freemont Street. I will definitely return here.

Room Tip: I asked for a lower level place, as I am fearful of high towers. They gave me a place on the 3rd flo...
3  Thank Lorraine2345
diamondresorts, Manager at Polo Towers Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay here at Polo Towers Villas. We were extremely happy to hear that our accommodations, amenities, location, and services offered met, if not exceeded your expectations. Your recommendation is sincerely appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed February 22, 2013

This is a nice hotel - very close to all of the action on the strip. I had a studio room, it was a little small but was decorated very well and had all of the amenities including a balcony which was nice.

The staff was super friendly and there is no casino at the hotel which is a good thing in my eyes. I got a very good rate for 2 nights and was extremely happy with the overall deal. Would definitely return here.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Northern_Hiker
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Here are the only things I didn't like about in this place : paying internet connection, very small balcony with a so-so view and long check-in could have been even longer if I didn't cut the concierge speech off.

Other than that, the price tag is excellent, the bed is comfy, the water pressure and warmth is spot on, the fridge and dishes are very useful to save a little on food ( there is a small but nice convenience store in the hotel and another one one minute from it ), the sheets and towels are very clean and like everybody is saying : location, location, location!! I would stay here again for sure and I think you should too. Just don't expect 5 stars but I still think if you are not the kind of people that travel to stay in their room all day, this is the perfect value for your money.

Room Tip: There is a ''view'' of the airport and the mountains on the side of the room 18305A...
1  Thank doumdoum1976
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Fantastic! would definitely stay again! We have been to Vegas five times and have always stayed at the big casinos. We were intending to travel with extended family and a baby, so opted for accommodation that was apartment style. Polo Towers was just perfect! we had a good sized kitchen, so we could make coffee and breakfast when we wanted, separate loung room and bedroom so we had private space when we wanted it and the complementary guest laundry was just down the hall from our room, so we didn't need to take mountains of dirty laundry home! Each morning the cleaner would come and do a basic clean - empty bins, make beds and change towels. We were more than happy with that, as we had the dishwasher for dirty dishes anyway..so we lived in clean comfort without being slaves to "housework".

Polo Towers is well located right at the mid point of the liveliest part of the strip! (..right near heaps of shops, Planet Hollywood and MGM Casinos). Like others, the Guest Services personnel offered us attendance at a timeshare presentation, but were gracious in accepting our "no thanks. Not interested"

Room Tip: We had a room at the back of the building. No Strip view.. But very quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family