Polo Towers Suites
Trump International Hotel Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$138
Bellagio.com
$138
$135
  • Pool
Treasure Island - TI Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$87
  • Pool
MGM Grand Hotel and Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$189
  • Restaurant
Signature at MGM Grand(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$410
$189
Orbitz.com
$20
2,726 results
All reviewsrooftop poolmurphy bedtime sharediamond resortsfull kitchenplanet hollywoodhawaiian marketbedroom suiteunderground parkingsmall balconysales pitchtimeshare propertyoff the striptimeshare presentationconvenience storebusiness centerconcierge desk
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Before I write a review, I generally read some of the "terrible" and "poor" reviews, just to see what people's complaints are. We own through Diamond Resorts, and as such, have stayed at Polo Towers several times. This time we had a one-bedroom unit, which is more than adequate for two people. It's like a small condo. We have had a two-bedroom unit in the past, which is really a waste for two people. The studio that sleeps four is okay, but not a full kitchen. It's more like a hotel room, but again, okay. The studio that sleeps two is terrible. It only has the Murphy bed, and if the bed is down, you cannot even walk in the room. On more than one occasion, Diamond has admitted that the rooms with the Murphy bed in Las Vegas are the worse. As for our most recent experience (we were actually there twice, a week apart), we were able to check in early both times. Both were short stays, so I was surprised that we got fresh towels daily, as well as the bed being made. But even so, I have never had problems getting additional towels (or other needs) during previous trips. The hotel is not quite on the strip, but the entrance is maybe a block away. It is directly across from the entrance to Planet Hollywood. They have both underground and outside parking (we were not aware of the underground parking until this visit), and even coming back at 2:00 am, we were always able to find spots outside. You can enter the building from the side, which is just off the gated parking lot. I don't believe that many time shares have restaurants attached, which, along with casinos, makes this unlike other hotels on the strip. There is always the pitch to buy more points, and I always swear I won't do this again. I found out that the concierge gets $$ for signing people up (I knew they got some type of perk), but of course the sales person works on commission. The prices have doubled since our last presentation last year, and if we couldn't afford it then, we certainly cannot afford it now. The woman we had was very nice about it, but we were talked to by a second person, and the man, while nice, did not seem to understand that we bought into this maybe 12 years ago when my husband had a good job (the company closed 10 years ago, and he did not have a pension), we now cannot afford to do more than pay our yearly dues, and go on one vacation/year ~ only by using our points very carefully. The woman who we had the presentation with admitted that about four years ago, both she and her husband made $250,000 each at this job, although their salary has been cut to the bone. Still, she and her husband continue to make about twice what my husband (on SSDI) and I (work at a non-for-profit) do. I just feel that they sometimes do not understand that not everyone can afford to pay $66,000 to upgrade their membership. But as for the facility itself, I have no complaints. (Well, they did have to shut the water off for four hours one night.) I want to say a special thanks to John in security. During my trip I lost a very special piece of jewelry, and he is still working on checking the room to see if it might be there.

1  Thank Carole0113
Reviewed September 21, 2012

My husband and I stayed here this month on exchange. We got a 1 bd suite on the 21st flr and a view of the parking lot, airport and construction. Luckily we were so high up there was not a noise problem. The rooms appeared to have been recently renovated, however they did not think of a few things. The tub is VERY deep; there are no grab bars to get in/out and no non-slip bath mat. It's a lawsuit waiting to happen if an elderly, young, or inebriated person should fall. The kitchen was missing about 1/3 of the utensils. Lastly, my biggest problem: it's in back of the Hawaiian Marketplace, and there is no sidewalk to walk from the hotel to the Strip, only a road and an alley. It's lit at night, but still quite scary since the Marketplace is filled with all kinds of unsavory characters. If you book here, get a car and park in the underground garage. Parking in Las Vegas is free everywhere, and if it's hot out (it was 101 for several days straight!) you might prefer to drive rather than walk. They refused to give us a late check out, even though check out is 10 am and check in is 4 pm. We had an 1135pm flight. Then they refused to let us use the pool deck after we checked out!!! I have never been treated so poorly by a hotel, as if I was an intruder instead of a guest. I will NEVER return.

Room Tip: Don't bother with their
3  Thank kenenj
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We stayed here on a vacation exchange. You have to deal with the request to attend a vacation timeshare selling session, but we are used to this and a polite and firm "no thanks" is all that's necessary. Polo Towers is well located just off the Strip and the room amenities are of a very high standard - the beds and pillows are top class! The hotel staff are very friendly - the feeling you get when the staff team appear to be happy in their job. Our view was over the carpark at the rear - not a real problem for us and, at the 5th floor, we didn't experience a noise problem. There's a nice little convenience store on the ground floor. The rooftop pool is small - OK when we went there but may become congested at times. There are so many accommodation options in Las Vegas that it is impossible to compare values, but we will certainly stay at Polo Towers again if we get the chance.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
diamondresorts, Owner at Polo Towers Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

We’re really glad that you chose Polo Towers for your vacation exchange, and we’re delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay!

As you’re aware this resort offers a rooftop swimming pool, and as we hope you can appreciate, due to the design of the building there is a limited amount of space for this facility. We’re glad that this didn’t cause any issues for you during your stay, however.

We’re pleased to learn that you’d choose to return here, and we hope that you’ll get the opportunity to return to Polo Towers for another vacation. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed September 14, 2012

This was our first stay at the Polo Towers Villas. We purchased the room through the Interval Getaways program as we banked our week to use next year. When we checked into our room (see below) I asked for a late check out which they stated would not be a problem. I also asked for a strip view, but she stated they didn't have any available. It wasn't a problem, just thought it would be worth a try. By the time we finished the check in, which went very quickly, she stated that she was able to provide us with a strip view room.

Our first night we stayed in my sister's room as she had booked two rooms with her week. Our room had a murphy bed. We've slept on murphy beds before and I must this it was very comfortable, which surprised us both. The room was a little small, but the conveniences were very nice.

We moved to our room the next day which was a 1 bedroom. Since we had seen sister's room the day before we knew what to expect. The kitchen is fully stocked. They even provided a few packets of soap to use in the dishwasher. It was so nice to have a full size fridge, microwave and all the kitchen gadgets/appliances. All the small kitchen appliances were Cuisanart and all were stainless steel and were spotless. We knew that they only provided one packet of free coffee so we brought some with us.

The bedroom was a very nice size. The bed/and pillows were so comfortable. One of the best beds we've slept on during our vacations. There were ample pillows on the bed, plus extras in the closet.

The bathroom was a nice size with his/her sink/areas. There was enough room for both of us to be in the bathroom getting ready without even bumping into each other. The water pressure for showers was also very good. Never had a problem with a lack of hot water no matter what time we took a shower.

The facility is all non-smoking. If you are a smoker be sure to ask for a room with a "smoking balcony". The balcony was small, not enough room to put chairs out there, but enough room for us to stand outside, smoke and look at our view.

The pool area was very nice with the cabanas and chairs. Yes the pool is shallow, but it's enough to stand up in to cool yourself off. We spent several days at the pool and it was busy, but there were always chairs available. The pool area was kept extremely clean. We were able to use a cabana every time we went to the pool. We did arrive early, around 8'ish since it was so hot, but shortly after that all the cabanas were taken.

Not sure why anyone complains about the "alley" you have to walk down to get to the resort. There is lighting and there always seemed to be someone else coming/going. As a woman, I walked back a couple of nights on my own and felt safe. Obviously you should always use common sense, but calling it unsafe is not fair.

Overall the entire room was very nice and we would definately return even for a short stay. (We stayed for 9 days this trip). Staff were always smiling and more than happy to help. This is at the top of our list for places to stay while in Vegas. The location of this resort is perfect. It is a little worn in some areas, but you have to really look to see it. Maid service was good as well.

The only thing that we noticed was a smell in the hallways. It didn't smell in room or anywhere else in the hotel. One day as I was outside I noticed that they were bringing in rolls on new carpeting. We assumed that they were laying new carpeting in the hallways and it may have been from that. By the end of our stay the smell had dissipated.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank stephensdidur
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is our second stay at Polo Towers over the last couple of years. Exchanged my timeshare here through Interval International.

Typically we opt to choose to stay at a variety of the hotel properties when we come to Vegas, however, if we are going to stay for a week plus, we always opt to stay at the Polo Towers. Actually we would stay at the Polo Towers even if our trip was less than a week, however, for us personally, for less than a week, it does not make sense to exchange our timeshare week.

Polo is a very nice property if you do not want to stay in a gaming hotel on the strip. There are certainly advantages and disadvantages to staying at a non-gaming property - I guess it's to each their own. Us personally, we have been to Vegas 25+ times, so a non-gaming property is fine, especially for nine days. By the end of the week, a little piece and quiet from the da-ding, ding, ding, ding is nice. Also I do NOT cook....EVER...while on vacation, so although there is a full kitchen at the Polo in the 1 bedroom + units, we only utilize the kitchen to heat up our many leftovers from all the awesome restaurants in Vegas. And to make real coffee in the morning.

Also, we like having a balcony. I hate being in a closed up hotel room for any length of time on vacation where I cannot open the windows. Each unit at the Polo has a balcony (plus we smoke, so it's convenient to just pop out on the balcony when we want to), the 1 bedroom units have a tiny balcony compared to the Studio Units, so take that into consideration as well when you make your choice of unit.

Customer Service at the Polo is fabulous. They are there when you need them, and leave you completely alone if you do not need anything. Check in/out is simple, quick and fabulous. The Bell folks are completely accomodating and the Concierge is fabulous. Need a cab? Want a show? Have a question? All accomodated in just a few short seconds. Plus, NO timeshare people bother you AT ALL. No one stops you in the lobby (which we like, some might like more attention) on your way in or out. Just a friendly "hello" or "have a great day".

The location is wonderful - just behind the Hawaiian Village. Two minute walk and you are on the strip, down a short alleyway. The alleyway is well lit and completely safe, no worries. We have walked down it a million times, day, night and middle of the night (and/or early morning lol). Never had an issue. Walked it alone, without my husband many nights at 3/4:00 am, and never felt unsafe or was looking over my shoulder. No worries at all.

The 1 bedrooms are very nice, just like pictured on their site. We had a 2 bedroom this time and it's really just a 1 bedroom with an attached Studio Unit via a connection doorway between rooms. Actually the set up is really great if you are getting a 2 bedroom unit. Very private for both units - you can leave the connecting door open or closed for privacy, or not. Gives you 2 full bedrooms and two different balconies as well + 2 different safes if you are staying with another couple. Plus 2 fridges, nukers and coffee pots as well. Would absolutely use this type of set up again. My sister and her husband stayed in the Studio for one night until their unit opened up and you would really never know you were sharing a room unless you wanted to. If you are going with another couple, a 2 bedroom lockout may be way cheaper here than renting two separate hotel rooms at another property.

Anyway, the pool is nice. It's not The Flamingo folks, and it's not Ceasars. It's a normal sized rooftop pool that is not a party pool. The roof top pool area is decorated very, very nicely. Very tropical, clean, good music piped in, not alot of people, almost no kids (the week we were there), about 8/10 really nice cabana's - all free - first come first serve. Abundant towels, and chairs and loungers and two smoking areas (away from everyone). What else do you need? Bring a $2.00 Target blow up raft and spend the day lounging. No complaints. Yes, there is no deep end for diving, but did not bother us. Fill your cooler with ice from your freezer, add a fifth of booze, some pop, snacks and a plastic cup and have a great day at the pool!!! If you want a true Vegas pool experience, think about getting a cheap room at a nice hotel for a day or two to just utilize for their pool. You can get a cheapo room at Excalibur or Flamingo (who both have really nice pools) for around $25 bucks a day. We actually also had a full 6 comped days at the Flamingo during the same time as our stay at Polo and checked in at the Flamingo for the 6 days, just to use their pool a couple days. Worked out great. Could have the full blown Vegas party pool experience or the layed back pool experience depending on our mood (and our hangover level).

Polo also has a nice store on the ground level. Pretty much anything you need in there. Plus, for you smokers - their smokes are cheaper in this store than at the CVS or 7-11. Wish I would have figured that out earlier in the week.

They do also have room service if you are interested. We did not use it so can't commment, just so you know they have it.

They provide you with a small container of dish soap and dishwasher soap for your use. They leave maybe 3/4 single use prefilled coffee filters for you in the room. Garbage bags are already in the unit. Small hotel type shampoo, conditioner, body wash are in the bathroom for you. New towels showed up maybe every other day for us. They will not however make your bed or clean your dishes or anything of the like.

You may want to order some groceries ahead of time and have them delivered to your room. We did...and it was really awesome and perfect and convenient. Use Vons.com. Sign up on line and your first delivery is free. Such an easy process. Go to the website...click on what you want....pay for it...tell them where and what time you want it delivered - and it's there...to the minute ON TIME. Excellent service. We pre-ordered a few Lunchables, case of beer, case of water, couple fifths of booze, some instant coffee, soda and OJ for our booze, milk and cream for our coffee. Absolutely perfect for a week. I packed some packets of Equal in my luggage so I didn't have to order a bunch of sugar, brought my Bubba Kegs for the pool and a few throw away plastic cups so we could make a drink and leave the room with it as we walked out.

All in all, Polo is and will remain my first choice for a non-gaming hotel. Enjoy!!!

Room Tip: I think any room is good. We really don't care about the view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple